28. Mär 2024, 09:33 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Dwarven Suggestions  (Gelesen 116935 mal)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
Re: Brief Dwarven Suggestions
« Antwort #15 am: 29. Aug 2015, 21:51 »
I don’t know if this has been proposed before, but I’m a little disappointed that you haven’t updated the skin of the Khazad-Dum veterans yet. For example, If we take a look at the helmets of these two units, then we can see that the CaH helmet is better looking than the helmet of the Veterans:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/edain-mod/images/veterans-of-khazad-dm#imagebox

http://www.moddb.com/mods/edain-mod/images/create-a-hero-subclass-wanderer#imagebox

Could it be that the helmets of the CaH contain too many poly’s, and that it could be the reason that you haven’t used them for the Veterans? I nevertheless think that you should give the helmets a bit more detail.
Furthermore, it is obvious that you used this art for the Veterans and the CaH model (and it’s understandable, because there weren’t many pictures or art that you could have used back then as references):
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/0c/29/5a/0c295a7619c1542df452a00c34b6e30a.jpg

The problem is not the armor itself, but the issue lies in the colour of the Armor. It’s too blue, although the actual colour is grey:

http://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/762/761504/Erebor_Army_Heavy_Armor.png

http://media.moddb.com/images/members/1/762/761504/the-hobbit-dos-dwarf-armour-erebor.jpg

In the last picture you can see the whole image of an Erebor soldier, and when you compare him to the recent version of the Veterans of Khazad-Dum, then, armorwise, you can see that there is quite a bit of difference between them (for example, the soldier in the last picture has a shorter skirt than the Veterans you made, although you did a far greater job at the CaH model). I hope that I’m not asking too much of you, but the current Veteran model doesn’t have the awesome quality that your other models have, and that disturbs me a bit :P. I also translated this post into German and posted it in the German forums, so that everyone in the forum can give their opinion on this matter.

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #16 am: 6. Sep 2015, 12:08 »
Hi! I've cut some some sounds for old Bilbo's english voice, which is still missing.
https://soundcloud.com/meta-277234433/sets/old-bilbo

Hope you like them!  :) They are downloadable if I did right.

"That still only counts as one!"

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #17 am: 6. Sep 2015, 12:32 »
i dont know what others has to say but i like them and i hope they put them in the game

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #18 am: 6. Sep 2015, 18:54 »
Nice cut Adrigabbro!  8-)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #19 am: 6. Sep 2015, 19:40 »
I've cut some some sounds for old Bilbo's english voice, which is still missing.
Well,
very nice but it wasn't necessary. xD
There is soundset for Bilbo, but there were some technical issues with implementation.
I suppose that for the next patch it should be fixed.

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #20 am: 6. Sep 2015, 19:59 »
Aw, I didn't know.  :(  :P
All right then!

"That still only counts as one!"

Thumba-umba

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #21 am: 11. Sep 2015, 20:29 »
Is it just me, or dwarven infantry looks really dumb?
- Firts, they have no shields. This alone made me fall into a stupor. How can dwarfs have no shields? It's like Celts without claymores!
- Next is their armor. Now i fully understand you wish not to do iron hill - style armor for them. Got it. In fact, i did not much appreciated this design myself. It is like... so generic dwarven dudes. I almost felt that i have already seen it somewhere. It does not feel unique.
But still. The iron hill infantry at the beginning has nothing on them. Literally! After upgrade they finally get some chainmails. Wouldn't it be more logical to give them chainmails at the start and then upgrade it io some sort of plate armor? This is really nowhere near like dwarves to let their troops enter the fight with no armor. Neither does it contribute with them being actually quite a durable units.
Erebor goes even worse, since after update they get not even chainmail but... gambesons? Really?
I do not mean to offend anyone, but they really look like hobos. Is it like it should be?
P.S.
Men of Dale swordsmen dont have shields as well.
« Letzte Änderung: 22. Sep 2015, 18:00 von Thumba-umba »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #22 am: 16. Sep 2015, 17:49 »
I wanted to ask the Team would it be possible to change the Color of Durin's Cape ,I mean at least to my taste(it is personal opoinon I guess) it doesn't suit him so much,the Green Color I mean,I think Dark Red or Black/Pale Black would be better for him! :)
That at least is my opinion and I was jsut wondering if there is a chacne to change the current Green! :)

Greetings from the Iron Hills! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #23 am: 16. Sep 2015, 18:03 »
Dain, I have added long time ago on this list, still waiting for answer on other "minor" suggestion: Link

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #24 am: 16. Sep 2015, 18:25 »
Oh with all the silence in the Forums recently I have forgottne what we have done already  [ugly]

I am sorry Crag my friend I completely forgot we talked about it :)

P.S. How have you been!? :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #25 am: 25. Sep 2015, 18:28 »
I have watched some replay and saw how mighty looks when ram (which pulls battlewagon) hit enemy with head, so maybe would be nice to add knock back effect to this ram's attack against base infantry units?
What do you think about this? :)
« Letzte Änderung: 25. Sep 2015, 18:36 von CragLord »

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #26 am: 8. Okt 2015, 23:10 »
Old Bilbo is REALLY not fitting for Erebor faction ^^

- What relation does he have with them ? He probably doesn't know Gimli, Thorin 3 and Gloin. Furthermore he never went to Erebor after the Hobbit story, so it's a nonsense.

- You made him with the same stats than young Bilbo. Huh ? Old Bilbo is "old", he probably can't kill one orc xD

Please make him a mini-hero for Imladris faction, it would be much more fitting  :P

And for the new scout hero of Erebor... perhaps a non canon new dwarf hero ?

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #27 am: 8. Okt 2015, 23:21 »
He doesn't know Gloin? Now, that's a gibber. But i forgive you this lack of knowledge. ;)
At first you must know, that Bilbo met king Dain, and 5 alive members of Thorin's company settled in... Erebor. So, Bilbo have great connections there.

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #28 am: 8. Okt 2015, 23:30 »
OMG it's an error  :D :D

but old Bilbo never went to Erebor isnt it ?

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #29 am: 8. Okt 2015, 23:34 »
Linhir +1
Zitat
but old Bilbo never went to Erebor isnt it ?
He wanted to travel again to the lonely mountain (remember?).

Zitat
You made him with the same stats than young Bilbo. Huh ? Old Bilbo is "old", he probably can't kill one orc
Well, we talk about gameplay and balance, or? So we should keep the balance between the scout heroes, that means Bilbo's strength should be as equal as the rest of the scout heroes - like the younger Bilbo.

Zitat
Please make him a mini-hero for Imladris faction, it would be much more fitting
Imladris has already enough heroes. Additionally, Imladris scout hero is Gildor.

Who should be the new scout hero for Erebor? If you have a great suggestion, share it with us. ;)