28. Mär 2024, 17:47 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Dwarven Suggestions  (Gelesen 116972 mal)

Rung

• Hobbit
Re: Brief Dwarven Suggestions
« Antwort #60 am: 23. Okt 2015, 22:07 »
Now the idea is this! Battlewagons gets re-named War Chariot! It gets a re-skin and new Movie look BUT it losses all the Upgrades a Battlewagon has and instead gets NEW Upgrade called "Multiple Arrow Crossbow" or "Semi-Automatic Crossbow" and another NEW Upgrade since you will see in the EE that the Chariot ahs a Crew of 4 (1 Drives,1 Fires the Crossbow and 2 on each Side For deffence:) now the Crossbow Upgrade will give the Crossbow and its Archer while the Second will give the 2 Deffenders!And another possible Upgrade is "Razor Weels" they will get the Blades on the Wels! :) They will be pulled by 2-6 Ram or Boar(just for logical reasons) and wil lbe quite Weak Against Pickerman! :) BUT they will be Limited to 3-4 for Balance!And anotther thing about the Crossbow since it will be too OP to fire constanlty it can be like a an Ability similar to the Unit ones with CD so you activate it and for like 30-40 Seconds it Fires but after that it has like 2-3-4 Minutes CD to re-load. ~LordDainOfIronHills
« Letzte Änderung: 23. Okt 2015, 22:29 von Rung »

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #61 am: 24. Okt 2015, 00:11 »
I absolutely don't like units which are included which serious design flaws and are then balanced by simply adding a hard-limit for them. A limitation has to serve a major goal like a unit is the absolute greatest representation of military strength this faction does possess or for a concept like the Cirith Ungol troops. Both does not apply for the war chariot.
Just randomly adding a unit which an ability much to strong for mass-production and then balancing it around a limit is just lazy design in my opinion. So much for an obvious problem. ;)

While I didn't like the war chariot scene, the vehicle looks pretty nice, eventhough the MG-crossbow was a dumb idea. I wouldn't really mind such a heavy vehicle of destruction as such a "tank-role" would suit the dwarves definitely better than the light and easy to destroy battle-wagons. So I'm interested in something like an ultra-heavy-cavalry (sounds way over the top xD).
However there two problem yet to be solved:
1. The battle-wagon is current the implementation of fear resistance the dwarves possess outside of their support-heroes. And its a major thing all factions should and currently do have. So what should happen with this?
2. (Technical question) Is such a machine possible to animate? It certainly worked for Radagast's sleigh, but the war chariot is more massive.

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

Rung

• Hobbit
« Antwort #62 am: 24. Okt 2015, 09:12 »
This battlewagon we have now is nerfed. Almost every unit in the game can destroy it. I think war chariot would be a lot better. Atleast they could make ram riders as units.

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #63 am: 26. Okt 2015, 14:46 »
I think in Citadel advanced engineering upgrades should give 4 extra building slots(in the inner square)instead of 2, or it would be a total waste of 1500

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #64 am: 26. Okt 2015, 15:31 »
That's not a suggestion.
You must state why you think this thing is better than the current one, what would it be suited for, and such.
« Letzte Änderung: 26. Okt 2015, 15:38 von hoho96 »

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #65 am: 26. Okt 2015, 16:07 »
The dwarves have 7 building plots. With this upgrade they have exactly 9 plots, that means that they get nearly 30% more plots. 4 additional plots means more than 50%.
We have to keep the balance, personally i think that 1500 ressources for nearly 30% more building plots isnt wasted.

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #66 am: 26. Okt 2015, 16:25 »
Zitat
We have to keep the balance, personally i think that 1500 ressources for nearly 30% more building plots isnt wasted.
While I agree that 4 additional plots are far too much (the player could just spamm hero statues for nothing and get additional discount), I have to say that those plots aren't nearly worth a real building plot. An increase of 30% in building plots is not what this upgrade does. ;)

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #67 am: 28. Okt 2015, 14:41 »
As CragLord had said in my Showcase Thread we had an idea about Lord Dain Ability sounds! :)

Here is what I have think of! :)
The sound "Baruk Khazad!" can be used when yo uactivate Dain's LV 1 "Baruk Khazad!" Ability and the Sound "The Hordes of Hell are upon us!!Fight to the Death!" can be used for his "Vendetta" Abliity ! I think it will ad more Movie Feeling to him and wil lmake his Abilities more fund and interesting! :)
Here is the Link to the Sounds,with the current Best Quality I have found,when the Blue Ray is out I may do better if the Team do not like this ones! :)

"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #68 am: 28. Okt 2015, 18:30 »
awesome

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #69 am: 29. Okt 2015, 14:20 »
Since Heroes have a specific Sound when they are Recruited come out ofthe Citadel/Fortress I think this one here should be really nice to sue fro Lord Dain when he is recruited! :)

"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #70 am: 29. Okt 2015, 15:51 »
i think it should be in

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #71 am: 12. Nov 2015, 13:42 »
1) Am I the only one who feels like the animation of Ram riders is weird? I mean it's not really goat-like and often takes way too big strides while moving.
I guess finding a proper animation for a goat is hard, but if we take a look at battlewagons you managed to give the Ram a way better animation, at least in my opinion. I don't know if it is because of the size difference (the battlewagon ram is bigger than the scout ram) or perhaps the speed of the scouts, but I'd suggest either modify it a bit, increase the size of the ram or reduce it's speed ; well, if I'm not the only one who feels like it, of course.

2) This one is a more traditional topic: Iron Hills guardians. I know for sure this time I'm not the only one who thinks it's odd to see them with a one handed axe and no shield. How about you give them a smaller version of the same shield elite units carry (don't remember their name. I'm talking about those who can switch between axe+shield and mattock) ? It would feel more natural and their would still be enough differences between guardians and elite units (they don't have the same helmet, the same armor and the same axe).
« Letzte Änderung: 12. Nov 2015, 14:05 von Adrigabbro »

"That still only counts as one!"

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #72 am: 12. Nov 2015, 13:58 »
I agree!I have said several times that the Riding Rams are too small compared even the their.Riders and look too bend over like Wargs ,I guess because of the Animation! :-) But if the Team wants and can I think it will be nice to polish in future the Riding Rams! :-)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #73 am: 12. Nov 2015, 14:01 »
  • I agree with you about ram riders. They really need some proper animations.
    Some new animation should be made, but also I presume it is hard work, so maybe team will do this in time. Also those back ground goat sound effect are too low, I think that is also needed to be amplified a bit.  Same with sound effects while goats are moving, i think it is too low no matter it should be background sound effect. Take horse battalion sound effect for comparison and you will understand what I am talking about.
    I think currently warg rider animation is used for this unit?
  • About IH guardians, this is one suggestion I find really fitting:
    I am more for some second weapon instead shield, because it fit into offensive nature of this dwarven faction.
« Letzte Änderung: 12. Nov 2015, 14:11 von CragLord »

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #74 am: 12. Nov 2015, 14:06 »
I'm also fine with a second weapon. :)

"That still only counts as one!"