28. Mär 2024, 15:33 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief Dwarven Suggestions  (Gelesen 116966 mal)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
Re: Brief Dwarven Suggestions
« Antwort #195 am: 24. Sep 2017, 18:44 »
I'd be nice if Ring hero King Dain's level ten summon got a change compared to his vanilla summon. Maybe the troops could come in larger numbers and fully upgraded?
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Dain@

• Pförtner von Bree
  • baruk khazad khazad? ai-menu. For the King ! ! !
« Antwort #196 am: 6. Nov 2017, 11:20 »
For me personally, the most sad in this faction are the heroes, because the Iron Hills, this is a faction with the least number of heroes, and therefore very much need a clear role for each of the heroes. More precisely, a misunderstanding of the function and role of heroes, except Thorin and the messenger of Dain (Thorin is just a maniac for killing enemy heroes :D :D :D,). About Dain I do not want to repeat, because only the lazy did not write about his discrepancy, and it is absolutely clear that in 4.5 ET it will make certain changes for this character (it is still not clear what exactly will return it or change it). I have more questions regarding Murin and Drar. 4.3 ET changed their design, and it is beautiful and fully corresponds to the spirit of the faction. But these characters cause a lot of questions. For example, Murin has very weak and incomprehensible abilities, and Drar is very weak as a hero called to weaken structures. Therefore, I have a question for ET. Will there be changes in the future for these heroes ??? xD

FilipGeorg95

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #197 am: 5. Jan 2018, 13:20 »
Since now we will have a new chariot concept for them and definetly it is for mid/late game, in order for avoiding AI rush and easy access for player to get them, I think that it would be good to place them as second vehicle option for recruiting after the player researches the "Siege Plans" technology in the forge. In that way the catapults and chariots will be harder to get but more valuable. As result for this switching, the battering ram/demolisher would act as the first siege equipment/machine for purchacing.
If you think twice from the "Battle of the five Armies" movie, Dain came as answer to Thorins bad situation that resulted with the besieging of Erebor from the Elves. Apart of that, his ( Dain's ) purpose was to counter the siege. Chariots there were used for disrupting the lines of the enemy infantry. In historical references even though they had the same role, during the existence of Hittites, Mittanis, Assyrians chariots played vital role during siege because they provided fast missile support for the attackers and horror to the ones that defended the palisades and walls.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
« Antwort #198 am: 20. Jan 2018, 22:15 »
Would it be possible to add a "Stop pony spawning" button on the Travel camps? Having three ponies follow your troops around gets kinda annoying, especially since troops go to the speed of the slowest unit when given an attack move order.

Fíli

• Edain Betatester
  • Wächter Caras Galadhons
« Antwort #199 am: 21. Jan 2018, 14:49 »
I support this idea! :)
Vielen Dank an CMG für das tolle Banner und den tollen Avatar! :)

Bowshot 999

• Bilbos Festgast
  • Komm nicht zwischen den Nazgul und seine Beute
« Antwort #200 am: 21. Jan 2018, 17:35 »
I like the idea and I will support you
But I think it is like the tribute car in Angmar that it does not turn off

I Hope you Unterstand what i mean, I do not speak very good English
Die Schlacht um Mittelerde hat erst begonnen. Minas Tirith hier wird der Hammerschlag am häftigsten sein. Sauron zieht all seine Streitkräfte zusammen. Er hat seinen tötlichsten Diener noch nicht enthüllt: Den Hexenkönig von Angmar

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
« Antwort #201 am: 21. Jan 2018, 17:42 »
I'm sure they must be a way. The system seems to work similarly to the Rohirrim Camp. The other possibility would be to class the ponies as Builders, so they're not selected by Q. But I think that's complicated.

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #202 am: 21. Jan 2018, 21:44 »
As far as I remember it indeed does not work. Yes, it works similar to the Rohirrims, but it needed to be a different system. We talked about this a few times in our intern forums, but everytime the answer was no. (it was the first time back when Ealendril was also active)
Fili, you should know that. :P I think one time it was even your suggestion.

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #203 am: 13. Mär 2018, 14:59 »
Hi guys i have some small suggestions about Murin:

Level 1: Shield Rush - Murin raises his shield and charges his foes relentlessly. While charging, he knocks back enemies, gets AOE damage, cannot be knocked back, and has greater resistance to ranged attacks.

First of all, i think an AOE damage is more suitable for a mass-slayer, rather than increased damage, that is more suitable for hero killers. Thorin III currently just fits perfectly with this role.
Moreover there's just the friendship with Drar that gives a permanent damage boost, so it is quite redundant.
Secondly, i find the shield charge quite difficult to finalize by clicking on sigle target. I would rather let the ability normally activated by clicking on the button and then, if you move Murin through enemy lines he can knock back units, exaclty the same as "Power of the Wilderness" of Beorn.

Second small suggestion:

Level 8: War Cry: enemy units are terrified by the battle cry of Murin. Enemy sorroundings units  are stunned in terror for 10 seconds (or maybe 15 as maximum) and see their defence reduced to -25%.

First of all i propose a new picture to distinguish it from the palantir of "Vendetta".
 Secondly i propose a change with is more finalised on finishing enemy units: making them stun and reducing their armor you can easily finish them with ranged damage,
 level five ability, charge of a goat battallion, or with battle wagons. The current war cry is redundant with Thorin III battle roar in terms of effect, so it doesn't offer nothing new in terms of tactic. I think my solution (or a similar one) it is more mass-slayer oriented. This should give an advantage in terms of armor debuff similar to Gimli's "Stubborness", but more suitable if used with the support of your army

Let me know what do you think  :)

« Letzte Änderung: 13. Mär 2018, 15:34 von AulëTheSmith »

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #204 am: 13. Mär 2018, 15:09 »
I like them both, I feel the Shield Rush would be better that way. and the War Cry will certainly be more unique and interesting! As Dwarves have less powers than the rest of the Heroes, the more interesting their abilities are, the better :P

FilipGeorg95

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #205 am: 3. Apr 2018, 13:06 »
I would like to thank you for the Dain update which has been my wish for a long time as well as the remaking of the battle-wagons. In addition to this, I created a small concept about their ( Dains ) ring form abilities which I find interesting. I hope that people might like them as well as turning them into reality.
Best regards,
Filip Georgievski
https://drive.google.com/open?id=15uCWYYB2EdZ8Eh_FstHc9_AU8pSkLL1Q

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #206 am: 28. Sep 2018, 16:47 »
Hi guys  xD
I'm back again with another small suggestion for the short but irreducible Dwarves. It's about King Dain. Several months ago i thrown this idea on Discord server, maybe Necro or someone else remebers  :D . Then among hundreds of things i have never managed to post it here. Anyhow:

I suggest to make King Dain mount his royal battle wagon instead of the boar at level 6 ( which suits more for the younger Lord Dain). The effect would ramain the same:

Level 6 - Dáin's Royal Carriage: As long as Burst of Rage is active, Dáin can temporarily mount his royal battle wagon. While mounted, he triggers a new Burst of Rage with every attack against enemy units or heroes without needing to recharge.

The features of the Royal Wagon: it is the personal carriage of the king, it is quite compact with no other crew inside. It is carried by two boars (see details below for the design and reasons of this choice). In game has a little bit more knock back area during trampling than the standard battle wagons and also it has more resistance against pikes, especially due to the thick leather of the boras. In terms of damage it has low trampling damage (balance reason, otherwise it would be unstoppable) but high single damage.
So the overall purpose of the battle wagon is to support the king in battle, such that when he's ranging he can disrupt the enemy lines as well as granting a constant bonus to the near troops.
I decided to go for the boars to keep them as Dain's favourite animals in battle, as well as for unqueness making the Royal wagon look different. Moreover as written above boars are very reistant and robust. But if for any reasons the boars are a problem,  i’m of course fine also with the goats since the central theme here is the Royal Chariot itself  ;)
The models i propose are the new battle wagon modeled by Joragon and the boars model of "An Edain Submod" if the authors agree (Glorfindel23 and ThorinTheKing in that case):

Below an example (more or less) of how it should look eventually:

Let me know what do you think about it and what aspect(s) would you change  :)

Smeargollum

• Edain Balancetester
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • #teamfish
« Antwort #207 am: 28. Sep 2018, 17:14 »
Hello together!
Sounds good! It would be nice because it would make a huger gap between the two Dains (Erebor/Iron Hills). Also I like the picture you posted and of course it would be nice if the Edain-Team could use the desigs of the submod but when they would use that modells we wouldn't have a reason to play the submod, so I thing that is not so good.
But the basic of youre idea is very cool!
Greetings
Smeargollum
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Sep 2018, 17:38 von Smeargollum »

"What if the real balance was the friends we made along the way?"

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #208 am: 28. Sep 2018, 17:49 »
Hello together!
Sounds good! It would be nice because it would make a huger gap between the two Dains (Erebor/Eiron Hills).

Thank you Smeargollum!  :) Differentiation between the two is indeed one of the purpose of my proposal. Also we would have for the first time a taste of a "Battle Wagon Hero"-style. Given that all of this is technically possible  [ugly].

Also I like the pikture you posted and of course it would be nice if the Edain-Team could use the desigs of the submod but when they would use that modells we wouldn't have a reason to play the submod, so I thing that is not so good.
But the basic of youre idea is very cool!
Greetings
Smeargollum

You know, i got your point, but if you look at the really huge work they made in An Edain Submod you will discover that the boars are just one of thousand new things. It  would not make a big difference if it is used in the main mod itself also. Moreover, consider that in the submod they have a different role. But, Of course i have no authority on that material, mine is only  a suggestion since i think they match very good with the new battle wagon  ;)

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
« Antwort #209 am: 27. Feb 2020, 00:53 »
Hi everyone!
I'd like to suggest that there be some kind of custom FX for King Dain's Burst of Rage ability. Currently, it just uses the standard golden glow leadership FX which does tend to blend in if you've got other sources of leadership (like a Battlewagon). It makes it quite hard to see when Dain has used his ability currently. Hopefully a new FX that triggers when the ability is used would help identify these times. Something along the lines of a Rallying Call FX or something else that comes outwards from Dain himself.