8. Mai 2024, 08:41 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: New Pike System  (Gelesen 3006 mal)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
New Pike System
« am: 13. Aug 2015, 02:33 »
So I have an idea that I'm sure most people will probably disagree with, but whatever here it is. The current system of just making pikes and you automatically win against cavalry is a serious problem for Rohan, so what about this: What if pikes dealt crush revenge damage ONLY when they are in porcupine formation? This would allow cavalry to outplay enemy pike spam if the enemy didn't put the pikes into formation, which also does kind of make sense if you really think about it. Holding a pike straight up into the air isn't going to hurt an oncoming cavalry charge, they have to be leveled at the cavalry to stop them. This would also mean that during sieges if the enemy had only pikemen and took them out of formation to attack, Rohan could actually do something to defend themselves while the pikes changed position.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
Re: New Pike System
« Antwort #1 am: 13. Aug 2015, 09:12 »
An interesting idea, and worth experimenting with.
My only concern is during combat with infantry, the spears and pikes would be as good as swordsmen, and a cav rush would end the fight right away.
Now correct me if I'm wrong (I'm probably wrong) but Orc pikemen dont have a formation. How is it gonna work for them?

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #2 am: 13. Aug 2015, 10:36 »
Won't for now, so they should get one.   xD

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: 13. Aug 2015, 11:45 »
Iron Hills and Erebor Phalanx dont have a formation, too. They have a special ability to clarify theyre role.
Think this idea doesnt work with the current systems.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #4 am: 13. Aug 2015, 16:20 »
Is it not possible to just add the formation in addition to the abilities on the current units?

hoho, a cavalry rush would not end the fight if the opposing player was paying attention and put the pikes into porcupine formation. Then the cavalry would be slaughtered.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #5 am: 13. Aug 2015, 18:44 »
i think rohan can defend itself with the archer unit very well if this function dose not work but still i think its a good idea

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #6 am: 13. Aug 2015, 19:10 »
Rohirrim archers are quite good, yes. But enemy archers kill them so fast it's actually hilarious. They have 0 armor against ranged.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #7 am: 13. Aug 2015, 19:16 »
Rohirrim archers are quite good, yes. But enemy archers kill them so fast it's actually hilarious. They have 0 armor against ranged.
true but if the function that you suggested dose not work i say buff for rohirim archers will be a good thing

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • BAN-KAI! Tear off... Golden Demon Slayer Jizõ!!!
« Antwort #8 am: 22. Aug 2015, 20:33 »
I also have a problem with pikes and cavalry, but I disagree with the head suggestion.
I may be wrong, but if I remember well, in regular BfME II/RotWK the pikemen would automatically put their spears down in the direction of advancing enemies. If the enemy units happened to be cavalry they would be stopped and suffer heavy losses from the brace.
THAT was a much better system than the current revenge damage, it's much more realistic in some ways and cinematographic for the pikemen to stand their own ground than to get trampled and then do revenge damage. Cavalry charges can't stand pointed spears. It's very lame and kinda shameful for the awesome Tower Guards to be simply trampled even though they have long spears that would have killed those horses instantly.
Every faction has its weaknesses, lances are Rohan's.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #9 am: 22. Aug 2015, 20:47 »
revenge damage was made for balance because rohan is A cavalry faction imladris will be to if im not mistaken so if 2 faction s depend so much on they cavalry there s should be a balance system like the revenge system

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #10 am: 22. Aug 2015, 21:24 »
Wait what?? Imladris shouldn't be a cavalry faction. I'm not saying Imladris shouldn't have good cavalry, but it shoulnd't be its focus either. Sorry for going off-topic

I understand the balance reasons but revenge damage still looks very silly. I mean, wouldn't there be a way in which to make some units in the batallion react a certain way and others to react differently? Some would be able to stand their ground and others would would get trample. This mixed option, if possible, would be even more realistic I guess, given that not all soldiers would be able to resist, but most would, instead of all of them getting trampled, which simply doesn't make sense. After all pikemen are the cavalry counter.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #11 am: 22. Aug 2015, 22:04 »
they are full upgraded pike guys vs full upgraded cavalry the pikes will win so they are counter against cavalry

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #12 am: 22. Aug 2015, 22:13 »
they are full upgraded pike guys vs full upgraded cavalry the pikes will win so they are counter against cavalry

Sorry, didn't meant that they were a bad counter, but rather that the way their counter mechanic works (revenge damage) is visually a turn-off and silly.

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #13 am: 25. Aug 2015, 22:43 »
Pretty sure pikes have always had crush revenge vs cavalry.