25. Apr 2024, 03:23 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Suggestions about Gandalf and the Eagles  (Gelesen 6890 mal)

Caronis

• Thain des Auenlandes
Suggestions about Gandalf and the Eagles
« am: 27. Aug 2015, 00:43 »
Gandalf the Grey :

1. Magic Blast
2. Thunder Sword
5. Ride a horse (not Shadowfax yet)
7. Glamdring : Gandalf receive Glamdring, an old Elvish Sword that break the ennemies forces

Passive ability : Gandalf get permanently +30% damage against all units, and +50% damage against orcs and gobelins. He has 10% to make splash damage against ennemies

10. Gandalf call his old friend Gwaihir, Lord of the Eagles. Gwaihir is temporaly summoned to the Battlefield.

Gandalf the White

1. Magic blast
3. Mithrandir : Gandalf is known to be a hopeful everytime. Nearby allies get +100% armor and resistance to fear. Passive ability.
5. Shadowfax : Gandalf call his friend, the Lord of the Horses, one of the Mearas. Shadowfax has a +50% resistance against spearmens.
8. Istari Light : A powerful beam of light thats hit a small zone. Stun nearby units for a while.
10. Word of Power : Gandalf unleash his power and surround himself with all his magic power. All nearby units are blasted by his power (same as classic WOP) and are temporaly stun if they survive.

That's all i have to tell, Gandalf the master challenge / corrupted are perfect for me :)

PS : if Gandalf become Gandalf the White, he will get Glamdring anyway

I have a second suggestion about the Eagles : replace the 2 randoms eagles summoned with Gwaihir (i mean the Gondor/Arnor palantir Power) by his brother Landroval and by Meneldor (who could get a fast fly ability ?)

That's all for me :)

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
Re: Suggestions about Gandalf and the Eagles
« Antwort #1 am: 27. Aug 2015, 01:05 »
As I understood, it´s rather Radagast than Gandalf who is friend with the eagles. So a power like this (calling Gwaihir) would better fit for Radagast.

In 3.81 Radagast could mount an eagle, so I think the eagles will stay connected to him (whenever his faction will be released).

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #2 am: 27. Aug 2015, 04:01 »
i like all your suggestions mate but the lvl 10 skill that you suggested are already a spell in the spell book and i think its awesome to put in the game Gwaihir s brother  Landroval
awesome ideas i was thinking the same thing . and the lvl 10 skill of gandalf when he is gray should not be the word of power well because he is gandalf the gray he didint have that kind of power

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #3 am: 27. Aug 2015, 09:25 »
i like all your suggestions mate but the lvl 10 skill that you suggested are already a spell in the spell book and i think its awesome to put in the game Gwaihir s brother  Landroval
awesome ideas i was thinking the same thing . and the lvl 10 skill of gandalf when he is gray should not be the word of power well because he is gandalf the gray he didint have that kind of power

neither did he have such power when he was Gandalf the White...

but still this power is "traditionally" connected to Gandalf since Battle for Middleearth I, I don´t think someone will remove it, even if it were more lore accurate.

Caronis

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #4 am: 27. Aug 2015, 09:43 »
Yep for the Eagles, i wasn't sure it will be accepted because the Palantir Power, and you're right about Radagast in the Eagles (saw it in the Edain 4.0 trailer)

For level 10 spell i have no really ideas for gandalf the Grey, maybe some kind of Giant firework who make the WOP effect but in smaller and less powerful ?

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #5 am: 27. Aug 2015, 12:49 »

neither did he have such power when he was Gandalf the White...

but still this power is "traditionally" connected to Gandalf since Battle for Middleearth I, I don´t think someone will remove it, even if it were more lore accurate.
i just say its better for gandalf the white only to have this skill
and the istari light

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #6 am: 28. Aug 2015, 17:31 »
and the lvl 10 skill of gandalf when he is gray should not be the word of power well because he is gandalf the gray he didint have that kind of power

Actually, I think that the 'Word of Power' ability is exactly fashioned primarily on Gandalf the Grey.

Its animation kind of resembles the act of Gandalf in destroying the Bridge of  Khazad-dûm in FOTR (''You shall not pass...''), and its own name ('Word of Power') refers to the iconic and general ability of the Istari (and the Elven Sorcerers) of speaking and, thus, casting spells via their 'magical Words'.
Something that it is perfectly shown in LOTR, both in the fight against the Balrog and in the magical confrontation with Saruman from afar, during the journey of the Fellowship across Caradhras.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #7 am: 28. Aug 2015, 20:02 »
well you have a point but still i think when gandalf is gray the word of power  needs to be smaller

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #8 am: 28. Aug 2015, 20:11 »
And i don't think, that Gandalf riding Gwaihir is such a bad idea. He was indeed friend with eagles (During "the Hobbit" they rescued him, Bilbo and dwarves. Next time, when he was trapped at top of Orthanc, and possibly they was cooperating many more times.) So... but i understand, that word of power should stay. Maybe istari light could be removed from GG, it more fits to GW. ;)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #9 am: 28. Aug 2015, 20:35 »
agree i think the same istari light should be changed for GG and the word of power should not be that powerful when he is GG

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #10 am: 28. Aug 2015, 20:52 »
agree i think the same istari light should be changed for GG and the word of power should not be that powerful when he is GG

All the abilities of Gandalf have been an iconic element of this serie of games since BFME1, as he was arguably the most powerful and significant hero of that game.

So, apart from the changes of Gandalf the Grey in the Dwarven Spellbook, it is very unlikely that his powers will ever be changed, and I completely agree with it.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #11 am: 28. Aug 2015, 21:20 »
i just think he should not be in a same lvl of power with gandalf the white

Caronis

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #12 am: 28. Aug 2015, 23:42 »
And i don't think, that Gandalf riding Gwaihir is such a bad idea. He was indeed friend with eagles (During "the Hobbit" they rescued him, Bilbo and dwarves. Next time, when he was trapped at top of Orthanc, and possibly they was cooperating many more times.) So... but i understand, that word of power should stay. Maybe istari light could be removed from GG, it more fits to GW. ;)

Hmmm not sure it was Gwaihir, because (i don't know where) but Gandalf say Gwaihir save him 3 time : from Orthanc, from the High tower after beating the Balrog, and to Save Frodo and sam from mount doom.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #13 am: 30. Aug 2015, 02:20 »
i just think he should not be in a same lvl of power with gandalf the white

And they are currently not at the same level.
If I remember correctly, the 'Gandalf the White' spell already grants Gandalf a general enhancement of his magical abilities.

Otherwise, if the spell were only an aesthetic change, it would be a bit pointless and useless.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #14 am: 30. Aug 2015, 04:55 »
well when he becomes white he gets 50% power for his magic attacks and -25% CD
ONLY THAT and he costs 3000

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #15 am: 30. Aug 2015, 14:48 »
well when he becomes white he gets 50% power for his magic attacks and -25% CD
ONLY THAT and he costs 3000

''Only that''?

I think that it's a sufficient type of enhancement, which precisely marks the difference between the two forms of Gandalf.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #16 am: 30. Aug 2015, 16:00 »
i just think he dose not worth the 3000 gold

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #17 am: 30. Aug 2015, 18:20 »
Well, it's not even bought for 3000 gold. "Gandalf the White" is a spell, so you get it for 3 spell-points -which actually makes it a really strong spell, because those 3 points amplify 3000 solid gold. It's actually like that: The strength of "Gandalf the White"-power has absolutely nothing to do with Gandalf's 3000 gold, it only has to be viable for its 3 spell-points. If Gandalf in general isn't worth 3000 gold, that's a totally different thing, but buffing the hell out of a poor second tier spell is most certainly not wise. ;)

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #18 am: 30. Aug 2015, 18:53 »
It's actually like that: The strength of "Gandalf the White"-power has absolutely nothing to do with Gandalf's 3000 gold, it only has to be viable for its 3 spell-points. If Gandalf in general isn't worth 3000 gold, that's a totally different thing, but buffing the hell out of a poor second tier spell is most certainly not wise. ;)
This.
Although I'm pretty sure that the spell itself costs two spellpoints. ;)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #19 am: 30. Aug 2015, 20:25 »
yes it costs 2