28. Mär 2024, 20:31 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Saruman  (Gelesen 23516 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Saruman
« Antwort #15 am: 4. Sep 2015, 02:09 »
I always thought that it wouldn't be so bad if Saruman had a more 'impressive' primary attack, with some flashing White Light involved, and a shockwave/knock back sound effect  :)
But, I'm not so sure that it will be possible.

Anyway, this is a real shockwave  ;)

AmosVogel

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #16 am: 7. Sep 2015, 00:42 »
You know I'm starting to realize that Galadriel & Saruman are pretty similar, in one way or another:

-Both desired the one - One failed
-Both were tempted by Sauron - One failed
-Both established mental communication with Sauron, but she bloecked her thoughts, Saruman couldnt and got raped.
-Both dress in white (duh)
-[In movies] both use white shockwaves to defend or attack.
-In book Galadriel was powerful vs structures - In hobbit movies Sarumans shockwave seems to destroy small parts of a building.

I hope for Hero sub mod to hear our plea hahahaha  xD

"Viva México"

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #17 am: 7. Sep 2015, 01:53 »
wea you have a point xD

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #18 am: 7. Sep 2015, 16:04 »

Yes, they are pretty similar yet different analogies  :D

Probably, the display of their powers in BOTFA symbolises the usage of Magic in its pure state, as both Galadriel and Saruman don't fight with swords, like Elrond and even Gandalf do for instance  :)

Anyway, I think that the analogy concerning the desire of the One Ring is a little bit more complicated.
Galadriel desires the One Ring as well, but not because of the One Ring itself, knowing and understanding very well the evil nature of Sauron and his treacherous snares, and being more than aware of the consequences of her hypothetical acceptance of this terrible artefact.
The Desire of Galadriel is the Ambition of Power itself and Authority in Middle Earth (never, though, with violence or malicious intentions), a constant trait of her Life since her Exile in Middle Earth from the Blessed Realm; and, in the Third Age, the One Ring obviously and exactly represents the only tool to achieve the absolute Power.

Saruman, instead, has always been obsessed with the One Ring itself, and with the lost Art of the creation of the Rings of Power.
He thoroughly desires it, and he's not completely aware of the possible consequences that might follow; that's why he was entranced easily and deceived by Sauron, being unwillingly used as a puppet, to keep at bay Rohan and the other Western People for some time, while Sauron was preparing his forces in Mordor (the interpretation of the LOTR trilogy shows Saruman as willingly controlled by Sauron, even though there are subtle hints about the 'secret desire' of the White Wizard).

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #19 am: 21. Sep 2015, 16:07 »
when saruman is on the tower it should get a palantir picture like this one
and the wizard blast picture should be something like that
   and when

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #20 am: 22. Sep 2015, 02:54 »

I have to say that I'm more than satisfied with the current icon picture for the Wizard's Blast, even if it doesn't directly include the staff of Saruman.
The 'simple' open hand of Saruman symbolises, I think, the usage of direct and pure Magic (as it is the power itself) without other items needed.

Also, I really like the specific scene from which the picture was taken; the way Saruman 'snatches' the staff of Gandalf is pure magical superiority.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #21 am: 22. Sep 2015, 07:45 »
you have a point mate

DropItLikeItsDogg

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #22 am: 23. Okt 2015, 13:25 »
He's using that energy shield in extended edition too, I think It's a really cool idea and Edain Team should add it to Saruman :)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #23 am: 23. Okt 2015, 17:01 »
yea and in a better way if you ask me

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #24 am: 23. Okt 2015, 18:07 »

I really liked the extended scenes about Dol Guldur, and, especially, the very few moments involving Saruman  :)

But, as also others have already written, I highly doubt that those attacks are really a sort of Magical Shield as the one that Gandalf displayed both against the Balrog and Sauron.
I regard them more as magical attacks that have also a 'defensive' outcome via their knock back effect when an enemy is near, activating thus a sort of sudden Barrier.

A similar thing concerning Galadriel's destructive blast, that she used both to defend herself and take down that Orc (the blast widens itself from Galadriel as a magical sphere/aura)  8-)

DropItLikeItsDogg

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #25 am: 23. Okt 2015, 18:37 »
Yeah you're right

Hal9000

• Gast
« Antwort #26 am: 27. Okt 2015, 17:12 »
Let me add something about Saruman in the current version, he has always been a mass slayer, everybody know that but he was also useful  against buildings with his thunderbolt at level 10 which inflicted important damages to structures, but strangely it is not the case in 4.0. It would be great if the team could increase the damages of that spell against structures, especially as Isengard doesn't have structure destroyer heroes.

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #27 am: 27. Okt 2015, 18:42 »
While that certainly was the case in vanilla BFME, in Edain, Isengard has arguably the best siege in the game. They can decrease costs of their engines too and I haven't yet mentioned their abilities. I doubt they need more power in siege.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #28 am: 27. Okt 2015, 18:45 »
agree

Hal9000

• Gast
« Antwort #29 am: 28. Okt 2015, 11:52 »
I understand that, but then what is the advantage of his Thunderbolt? The blast by exemple is useful against troops in close combat, the fireball has the same utility but with a long range but the lightning doesn't bring anything new, it is a useful spell to kill armies, it deal a little bit more damages but in a small radius. I don't think it would be exaggerated to give additional damage to this spell, it remains a level 10 power with a long time to recharge. Gandalf can kill such huge armies with his word of power, but the damage is low, Saruman should make big damages in a small radius against all (building, heroes, units) after all lightnings can burn and destroy houses ... It will not make saruman a structure destroyer, the purpose is just to give an additional role to that power. (sorry for my english)