28. Mär 2024, 20:07 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Saruman  (Gelesen 23515 mal)

DropItLikeItsDogg

• Bilbos Festgast
Saruman
« am: 30. Aug 2015, 01:23 »
Guys I have some ideas for Saruman I just want to share them with you.

-I think Saruman the White (before spell in spellbook) needs magic shield like Gandalf, if I did not saw wrong Saruman used magic shield while fighting with Ring Wraiths..

-Saruman was never a servant of Sauron like in the LOTR films, Saruman was always opponent of  Sauron for ring, so Saruman of Many Colors is not a puppet..

-What about a Saruman on good side? Maybe that magic shield is a good idea for this Saruman..

I know I have more things but I don't remember them now forgive me , I will add more when I remember  :D

What's your opinion about them?

AmosVogel

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Re: Saruman
« Antwort #1 am: 30. Aug 2015, 02:09 »
Its really really hard to see Saruman in the good side, besides i know the mod happens since the Hobbit to LOTR, but the Team said he does not fit at any faction too many times before.

Drhouse once told me he wanted to make a submod for an Ancient Gondor, where i suggested Saruman instead of Gandalf - Arnor had Gandalf & Ancient Gondor Saruman.

I would also love to see Saruman having using that white bubble magic, but instead of Gandalf defensive technique, he would use it to attack. BUT the team already told me they will never add such a thing.

I also would like to see that descriptions changed!! it could say instead:

The white wizard betrayed his mission, and sought the power of the Ring for himself thus his ever-growing pride and arrogance made him unleash his anger against the free peoples of the world. Now theres no light within him but colors, many colors.
"Viva México"

DropItLikeItsDogg

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #2 am: 30. Aug 2015, 02:24 »
-You can add ''To War'' sound to Saruman when he attacks an enemy it could be cool

I'd love to see Saruman on good side with new spells really :D

That ; Arnor Gandalf & Ancient Gondor Saruman sounds great I think, someone should think about this  :)

Hal9000

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: 30. Aug 2015, 13:37 »
I agree with you about a magic shield, it should be a passive ability like Gandalf, but something different to be unique. I also think there is a problem between the two wizards, Gandalf the grey is the same level as Saruman the White, Gandalf the grey is even more powerful in some respects, his spells deals more damages (The ray of light is more useful than the fireball, also more useful than the lightning sword)
and of course Gandalf has the passive shield, Saruman also deserves a little passive spell that automatically activates, here are my ideas:
 -A bubble shield that repels enemies very close to Saruman (the bubble activates for 2 seconds and makes no damage )
- A bubble shield which accelerates auto-heal of Saruman for few seconds.
 and finally:
 - A bubble shield that provides an armor but different from gandalf, for example the bubble could protect saruman from knock back and projectiles (arrows, siege weapons). What do you think of my ideas? (sorry for my English)

AmosVogel

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #4 am: 30. Aug 2015, 18:07 »
I just doubt it can be implemented. It would be better if the balrogs animation is used, mini, white & with no damage at all. BUT remember, this power was for GOOD guy Saruman, not twisted weed smoker Saruman :)

Anyways, there is still hope!!
"Viva México"

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #5 am: 31. Aug 2015, 04:10 »
i would like to see a good saruman with different skills

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #6 am: 31. Aug 2015, 08:37 »
-I think Saruman the White (before spell in spellbook) needs magic shield like Gandalf, if I did not saw wrong Saruman used magic shield while fighting with Ring Wraiths..

-Saruman was never a servant of Sauron like in the LOTR films, Saruman was always opponent of  Sauron for ring, so Saruman of Many Colors is not a puppet..

-What about a Saruman on good side? Maybe that magic shield is a good idea for this Saruman..

Well, there are, I think, a few considerations to make  :)

The Saruman of the Edain Mod is not the one of the Hobbit timeline, when he was the authoritative Chief of the White Council.
The Saruman of the War of the Ring is wicked and corrupted, not only by Sauron, but mainly by his Greed and Ambitions of ruling the People of Middle Earth with his superior Power and Authority, something that the Istari were expressly ordered not to do by the Valar.
He thus FAILED his mission as an Istar.

It's true, Saruman was not completely a puppet of Sauron, as the LOTR trilogy has interpreted.
But he was nonetheless deceived by Sauron, and, as for many other characters in the Ages of Arda, ended up being unwillingly controlled by him.
Saruman truly believed to have deceived Sauron and acted in secret without him realising it; but you can't just deceive Sauron, who is rightly known as the 'Deceiver', the one who deceived the Elves (Celebrimbor) in the forging of the Rings of Power, and caused the Fall of Númenor (the most powerful Kingdom at that time) with his lies.
Sauron, in fact, helped consistently the 'corruptive process' of Saruman, and literally used him as a mere shield to destroy Rohan and the People of the Western Lands of Middle Earth, or just keep them at bay for a while, preparing in the meantime the final attack of Mordor against the World.

I don't really like the idea of a magical shield for Saruman as well.
A shield like that is really suitable for Gandalf, as he is constantly journeying across Middle Earth as a Lonely Wanderer, always confronting dark and foul creatures, and thus needing to directly defend himself.
Saruman, instead, although he theoretically could have created a magical shield, has stably established in Isengard for many, many years, and his Magic is much more 'extensive' and comprehensive than Gandalf's; Saruman used his powers to corrupt Isengard, create an industry, and artificially bring to life a new race of Orcs.
Saruman relies primarily on his Army and Servants for his own defence, especially after he put all his powers in the marring of his Land, gradually and constantly losing them.
It's a quite different kind of Magic, less 'direct' than Gandalf's, but much more inclusive  :)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: 31. Aug 2015, 10:21 »
+1

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #8 am: 31. Aug 2015, 14:43 »
good point mate, but still id like to see a good saruman with different skills

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #9 am: 31. Aug 2015, 15:12 »
+1

I'm glad you appreciate it  :)

good point mate, but still id like to see a good saruman with different skills

We all like and wish for many things, but not everything is possible  ;)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #10 am: 31. Aug 2015, 15:27 »
maybe if the Ancient Gondor happens i would like to see that too or the white council spell

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: 3. Sep 2015, 22:16 »
By the way, I think that it isn't shield but kind of enhanced attack against ringwraiths and structures.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #12 am: 3. Sep 2015, 22:23 »
well that thing xD

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #13 am: 3. Sep 2015, 22:33 »
By the way, I think that it isn't shield but kind of enhanced attack against ringwraiths and structures.

I agree, they are likely to be magical attacks which cause shockwaves and knock back effects  ;)

Probably, also Galadriel's flick against the Guardian Orc (former Bolg) had similar effects, that were maybe cut for the theatrical version  8-)
« Letzte Änderung: 4. Sep 2015, 00:19 von DieWalküre »

DropItLikeItsDogg

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #14 am: 4. Sep 2015, 00:03 »
Nice idea  ;)