20. Mai 2024, 21:38 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Should rangers keep their fire arrows upgrade?

No, it's too unrealistic.
4 (14.3%)
Yeah, who cares...
14 (50%)
Maybe they could get more "eco-friendly" upgrade?
10 (35.7%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 24

Autor Thema: Rangers' fire arrows upgrade  (Gelesen 2968 mal)

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
Rangers' fire arrows upgrade
« am: 8. Okt 2015, 23:28 »
Since rangers are mostly used in the woods, it always seemed inappropriate to me for them to use fire.

My suggestion: their "salvo of arrows" or however it's called could become permanent with some upgrade from their camp.

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
Re: Rangers' fire arrows upgrade
« Antwort #1 am: 9. Okt 2015, 20:24 »
I actually thought of making the unexpected salvo a passive that activates on the first volley of arrows fired by the Rangers when stealthed in the woods. That'd be really neat.

Regarding your point, logically speaking you are correct. However, it would bring balancing-complications I think. They would lose their potential towards damaging buildings and it would be necessary to tweak fire arrow princing and costs etc..

There are more reasons that could be given, but I think some more diversification could always take place, but it is not the priority now. Actually, you gave me a good idea, thanks for that!
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Okt 2015, 20:28 von Odysseus »
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • BAN-KAI! Tear off... Golden Demon Slayer Jizõ!!!
« Antwort #2 am: 10. Okt 2015, 01:53 »
If you're gonna replace fire arrows with another upgrade that gives the unit the same mechanic effect, then I'm all for it, as long as you don't nerf the rangers' damage. If this will nerf them though, I say no, sir, definitely not. Archers don't need no more nerfing in this mod.

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #3 am: 10. Okt 2015, 02:14 »
I only care about visual effect, damage and everything else really should stay untouched.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #4 am: 10. Okt 2015, 02:32 »
I agree about this !As a visual change it will be nice but what exactly do you suggest instead Fire Arrows!? :-)
I was thinking for something like Steel Arrow Head or something of that kind ,since Poison Arrows are not suitable for Rangers from good Factions! :-)
Greetings! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Skeeverboy

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • Bankai Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
« Antwort #5 am: 10. Okt 2015, 02:45 »
I think the should keep there fire arrows, because the ranger lives in the woods. When a enemy comes in a very big army by way of the woods, the Rangers makes a forest fires, so they can kill very easy the bigger army. The army can't run or see something, because the fire is in the way.

Sry for my bad english, I hope you know what I mean :D

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #6 am: 10. Okt 2015, 02:47 »
I must say you make a good point there !I am really more like 50/50 on this matter! :(
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #7 am: 10. Okt 2015, 04:13 »
I think the should keep there fire arrows, because the ranger lives in the woods. When a enemy comes in a very big army by way of the woods, the Rangers makes a forest fires, so they can kill very easy the bigger army. The army can't run or see something, because the fire is in the way.

Sry for my bad english, I hope you know what I mean :D

^^This. It would make a lot more sense then steel or poison arrows tactically for them to just light their arrows on fire to kill armies in forest fires, and of course, kill the Mumak. Just because we didn't see it in the movie or read about it doesn't mean that they wouldn't be capable of it.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #8 am: 10. Okt 2015, 04:32 »
While I agree with you guys if the tactical advantage of the Fire Arrows in the forest  !It is kinda unlikely to use Fire Arrows all the time! :-)
How about some different Upgrade Steel Arrows or something else while the Fire Arrows can stay only for the Arrow Volley Ability ,I think it will be logical and reasonable that thet use Fire Arrows in dire situations for ambushes to deal with superior number armies which the ability symbolizes !What you think about that!? :-)

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • BAN-KAI! Tear off... Golden Demon Slayer Jizõ!!!
« Antwort #9 am: 10. Okt 2015, 05:55 »
While I agree with you guys if the tactical advantage of the Fire Arrows in the forest  !It is kinda unlikely to use Fire Arrows all the time! :-)
How about some different Upgrade Steel Arrows or something else while the Fire Arrows can stay only for the Arrow Volley Ability ,I think it will be logical and reasonable that thet use Fire Arrows in dire situations for ambushes to deal with superior number armies which the ability symbolizes !What you think about that!? :-)

I like this. Loved the forest fires argument from Skeeverboy, really hadn't thought of that, and this proposal from Lord Dáin really meets the target. But then, the Steel Arrows upgrade for the Rangers could function the same way the Dwarves' Banner Carrier works for the Dale units. That is when you buy Flamming Arrows at the Gondor Blacksmith you would make Flaming Arrows available as normal for Gondor Archers and Steel Arrows for the Rangers, without needing to research two separate upgrades for them both.

As for the Volley of Arrows, this ability could really start a fire depending on which terrain you are, just like back in vanilla game you would cast a fireball and a portion of the map would start catching on fire. But if I recall well it wasn't every terrain that would really spread the fire quickly, I believe maps painted in green grass were more flammable, and Mordor map was like SUPER flammable. That's one of the things I miss from the vanilla game: more effective area of attack effects (of course I don't complain because, you know, Edain is awesome).

KingdomofErebor

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Khazad ai Menu!
« Antwort #10 am: 11. Okt 2015, 13:32 »
Ok I think that the fire arrows are an upgrade that make sense for the rangers to have if they're to cause damage to structures. However if the Edain team wants to get rid of them, I suggest instead of creating a new upgrade, the rangers could gain a toggle weapon ability, similar to that of the Galladrim. This allows them to be effective, deadly archers, without being too over powered with arrow upgrades and lets them still do decent damage to buildings and cavalry.

Thoughts?
The horns of hell are upon us!To Battle sons of Durin!

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: 11. Okt 2015, 14:23 »
The rangers have a weapon toggle since bfmeI. They switch automatically to swords in melee battles.

If the rangers womt have the fire arrows any longer, this upgrade would be useless. There will be only one regular unit who can research this upgrade: the Gondet archers. No one would research this upgrade. Thats the mainly reason why stay wirh the fire arrows for rangers.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #12 am: 11. Okt 2015, 14:25 »
Now I udnerstand that!!Well if thats the reason then I tihnk the Fire Arrows should stay,I never had any problem with them anyway! :)

KingdomofErebor

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Khazad ai Menu!
« Antwort #13 am: 12. Okt 2015, 15:07 »
The rangers have a weapon toggle since bfmeI. They switch automatically to swords in melee battles.

If the rangers womt have the fire arrows any longer, this upgrade would be useless. There will be only one regular unit who can research this upgrade: the Gondet archers. No one would research this upgrade. Thats the mainly reason why stay wirh the fire arrows for rangers.

That's a good point, fire arrows give rangers a real purpose, as for the weapon toggle, I know it's automatic, however they never seem to use it in game play, they draw their swords then nothing happens, is this a bug?
The horns of hell are upon us!To Battle sons of Durin!

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: 12. Okt 2015, 19:16 »
For me everything works fine. If they go into melee battle, they draw theyre swords amd attack the enemies.