29. Mär 2024, 09:42 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: A Community Initiative  (Gelesen 2764 mal)

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
A Community Initiative
« am: 15. Sep 2015, 14:23 »
Hello gents,

I had a few things on my mind for a little while now. Since the team has little time for things other than development of the mod, I thought that if the community of Edain is large enough, has the means to organise something, and is willing to do so; we could try to come up with some ideas to increase activity. Here are some of mine:

• The first idea I had was creating a replay-based channel on Youtube to gather a viewer base. I was mostly inspired by the casters of the Elite Mod for Dawn of War II: Retribution. While I personally do not have the means to cast or run such a channel, others might with some support! This will probably increase the playerbase of Edain and hopefully stimulate online play more, instead of the usual compstomps.
  • The second idea was otherwise to organise weekend based rumble-like tournaments, for either beginners or for all players, including prices if necessary. This, once again, to stimulate online play more.

These were just some ideas, and I encourage you to share your own thoughts on the matter. Remember, everything starts with an idea, so at least it's something. It would be particularly nice if any people with either experience or the equipment to record or organise something would be willing to step forward.

Kind regards,

Odysseus
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Skeeverboy

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • Bankai Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
Re: A Community Initiative
« Antwort #1 am: 15. Sep 2015, 14:38 »
The Edain Team has a Youtube Account here.
For Replays you can use this.

Sometimes is a Community Evening on Tunngle, but there is just a german Threat at the moment.

Zitat
    The second idea was otherwise to organise weekend based rumble-like tournaments, for either beginners or for all players, including prices if necessary. This, once again, to stimulate online play more.
In the Future, when Edain Mod has all factions, there will be a turnment I think. For example in 3.8.1 were big turnments.

I don't think that the Edain Team will buy prices or gives betas every weekend [uglybunti]

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #2 am: 15. Sep 2015, 14:48 »
It would be nice to get tournaments, but forget about the prices. The only reward is the fun you get while playing. ;)
I'll have some more free time by two weeks, and I'd be glad to help. :)

"That still only counts as one!"

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #3 am: 15. Sep 2015, 18:58 »
@Skeeverboy

Like you are saying, you can do that. However, what I meant is an unofficial channel related to creating some interactivity in the community. I mean, posting your replays is nice, but it's not very interactive if you are just going to watch it. If there is someone that would be willing to cast them, give some feedback, basically commentate during the match, helping new players and garnering viewers in the process; that would be really entertaining and

@Adrigabbro
I know, it was just an addition. I used to be part of the Eastern Front modding team for Company of Heroes (I technically still am), but we used to have regular tournaments with prices and the Elite Community for Dawn of War II actually organise all the tournaments themselves, from the top-level tournies to the beginner tournies and they even add their own little gifts and other contributions to the tourney to spice things up, at their own volition. I dare say, that is impressive to say the least!

If you got any recording equipment or anything of the sort, perhaps we could start something?
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #4 am: 16. Sep 2015, 01:27 »
There is quite the difference between Edain and Elite though: Elite is, in its core, a balance mod for high level competitive play. Sure, by now it added lots of new units and even Grey Knights as a new faction, but it still is aimed at players looking for a better multiplayer experience. That means that nearly all people who download Elite have a more or less competitive mindset and will want to play PvP.

Edain on the other hand just adds truckloads of awesomeness to the game with new textures, abilities, units, factions, maps, ..... just about anything, I guess. [ugly] There are thousands of people playing Edain (far more than Elite, I would assume) but only a fraction of those are part of the "multiplayer community", if you want to put it that way. There just isn't such a big emphasis on competitive play. That might also be one of the reasons why tournaments (there were three tournaments in 3.8.1 within the german community iirc) are much more of an event in Edain than the Monthly Rumble Tournaments or even the Beginner Tournaments in Elite are ;)

Just putting that out there. :)

Whale Sharku

• Dúnadan des Nordens
  • Sie sind wie Plankton für die Sense!
« Antwort #5 am: 16. Sep 2015, 13:37 »
50/\\/\\37|-|!|\\|9 3|_53 ! \\/\\/0(_)|_|) /\\/\\3|\\|7!0|\\| !5 7|-|47 `/0(_) \\/\\/!|_|_ |-|4\\/3 q(_)!73 4 |-|4|2|) 7!/\\/\\3 0|294|\\|!2!|\\|9 4|\\| 3|)4!|\\| |=0(_)|2 |D0!|\\|7 0|\\|3 70(_)|2|\\|4/\\/\\3|\\|7.
7|-|3 |23450|\\| |=0|2 7|-|!5 !5 7|-|47 7|-||233 |D0!|\\|7 3!9|-|7 !5 |=4|2 /\\/\\0|23 (0/\\/\\/\\/\\0|\\| !|\\| |D\\/|D, 45 !7'5
- |=4573|2,
- /\\/\\(_)(|-| |_355 5`//\\/\\/\\/\\37|2!(4|_,
- 4|\\||) 74|<35 (0|\\|5!|)3|24|3|_`/ /\\/\\0|23 5|<!|_|_ 70 574|\\||) `/0(_)|2 9|20(_)|\\||).

7|-||233 |D0!|\\|7 3!9|-|7 70(_)|2|\\|4/\\/\\3|\\|75 \\/\\/3|23 |24|23 |3(_)7 |D0|D(_)|_4|2 3\\/3|\\|75, _|(_)57 7|2`/ 0(_)7 7|-|3 "7(_)|2|\\|!3|2|2!|\\|9" |304|2|) !|\\| 7|-|3 /\\/\\4!|\\| /\\/\\3|\\|(_)3 70 937 !|\\|5|D!|23|) 0|2 3\\/3|\\| |=!|\\||) 7|-|3 |2!9|-|7 |D30|D|_3 70 |-|3|_|D `/0(_) ;)
_|(_)57 |<33|D !|\\| /\\/\\!|\\||) 7|-|47 7|-|3 3|)4!|\\| 734/\\/\\ \\/\\/!|_|_ |\\|07 5(_)|D|D0|27 !7 50 `/0(_) \\/\\/!|_|_ |33 4 |3!7 /\\/\\0|23 0|\\| `/0(_)|2 0\\/\\/|\\|.

gezeichnet
Whale

(Palland)Raschi

• Turmwache
  • Fanatiker sind unbeständige Freunde
« Antwort #6 am: 16. Sep 2015, 13:51 »
Now there it is again: Whales 13:37 running gag  xD
Oh dear, how did it come to this ?  8-|
MfG Raschi

[Jedwede rechtliche Äußerung, Kommentierung oder Information über PM oder öffentlichen Beitrag von meiner Seite stellt lediglich eine reine Gefälligkeit dar und erfolgt ohne jeglichen Rechtsbindungswille.]

Ohne Schuld verfasst einen Forumsbeitrag, wer beim Abfassen eines Beitrags wegen einer krankhaften seelischen Störung, wegen einer tiefgreifenden Bewusstseinsstörung oder wegen Schwachsinns oder einer schweren anderen seelischen Abartigkeit unfähig ist, die Verletzung der Forenregeln einzusehen oder nach dieser Einsicht zu handeln.

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #7 am: 16. Sep 2015, 18:23 »
@Hmm as a newcomer, I have absolutely no f*cking idea what that was, but hey! You did! So, it should be okay. I thought it was spam haha.

Hmm, actually, I think the BFME 1 system is more unique and requires some more thought in what order you build. Buildorders are just as important, if not, more important than in BFME II. I don't get why everyone always wants to play the traditional form of rts. It gets really boring after doing the same thing for years and years. So, I hope there will be some support eventually for it (4.2 at the very least) as this innovation should at least not go by untried.

Anyway, we are already getting off-topic. I think the best way to get things started is for Edain team to look (recruiting or applications) for some people who have the means and are willing to organise a small event or broadcast games on youtube as a semi-official channel of Edain. That would probably get the ball rolling and particularly beginner tournaments since it promotes beginners to play online more and step up their game. Finally, if a solid foundation is laid down by the team (when they have time of course), the community can take over from there and build upon it.

Again gentlemen, Elite mod has been doing this for years and it has kept the mod alive with great success. Moreover, Gnomi said that balance was based of on 1v1, but if a marginal minority plays 1v1, then there isn't really much happening at all.

It would probably also change the typical arguments or suggestions you see everywhere, with only people wanting to see cosmetic changes and add new stuff only for the sake of adding, and in turn, we might actually see some more gameplay-related posts, apart from the very select few that actually post about gameplay. You could see it as a potential market. A healthy market, is a competitive one.

Kind regards,

Odysseus