[en] Edain Mod > [Edain] Discussion and Feedback

Sounds for the Edain Mod from the Community

(1/30) > >>

TiberiusOgden:
This thread serves as a presentation of work for those users, who've already cut some sounds/voices or they're planning to cut some voices in the future.

Here you can present your work if you think that your voices should be included in Edain mod.

The rest of us can discuss purpose or quality of sounds and finally team members have a great opportunity to find all voices in one place. :)

Just share your links with us. xD

OFFICIAL GUIDELINES FROM FG15:

1) In my opinion the ideal number of sounds is between 25 and 35, depending on what kind of sounds are included.

2&3) I want to explain the structure of soundsets a bit.
There are 3 main categories of sounds: attack, move and select
Each of them should have at least 4 sounds for minor heroes and for regular heroes the minimum is 6 sounds. The perfect number in my opinion is 9 each, so that we get at least 27 sounds. These sounds are played frequently, therefore the tracks should not be too long, and not too special for the general situation. Thranduil's soundset has 72 sounds at the moment, because I have to remove some after testing him ingame.
Then there are other categories as well. The most important one for heroes is the recruitment sound, which is played when the hero leaves the Citadel. It can be much longer, because it does not happen that often, so the sound does not get enoying easily. Also, the sentence can be quite characteristic for the hero.
Nearly all heroes also have a dying sound or a sound when they are heavily damaged. This one might be played in the middle of the battle, therefore it should be really short. Adding such a number is possible, of course, but every added sound increases the download duration.
There can also be sounds for retreat, selectinbattle, attackstructure, garrision,...
While in the original game, there were even more categories, in Edain only very few heroes use these, because they will appear only rarely ingame. Of course abilities often have their own sounds as well.

In contrast to heroes, the soundset of units should be much more unspecific and therefore it can contain a lesser number of sounds. Also, the sounds are usually shorter than those of the heroes.

4) The most important thing concerning quality are the background voices. They should be as minimal as possible. Even if something sounds good in a movie, it might be total crap ingame. The human is able to hear things selective, so that he may ignore the background sounds in the movie. Ingame the sounds suddenly pop up, being influenced by the ingame background sounds, which are completly different from those in the movie.
Background noices have to be silent at the start and the end of the sound, and the speaking voice has to be all the time louder than the background noises. Also the volumne of the background noises has to be continous, with no big peaks.

Furthermore, the sound has the best effect ingame, if it is not cut from the middle of a sentence. A smooth beginning and ending would be really great.

The sounds don't have to correspond 100% to the German ones, the only restrictions are that I can't add neither categories nor completly new soundsets for the English version. If some units will share the same soundset in the German version, they will share it in the English version, too.

5) When providing sounds, it would be great if you could sort the sounds to the categories I mentioned above, and name them (f.e. Frodo_attack1). If you use more categories than the number of those that are used, that is no problem, and I can merge them into another one. Also please use underlines instead of whitespaces, otherwise I have to rename every sound.

--- Code: ---;;;;;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;;;;;-------------------------------- Aranarth ---------------------------------------
;;;;;------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AudioEvent AranarthVoiceAttack
      Sounds          = Aranarth_attack1 Aranarth_attack2 Aranarth_attack3 Aranarth_attack4 Aranarth_attack6 Aranarth_attack7
      Volume          = 160
      MinVolume       = 130
      Limit           = 1
      Type            = world player voice
      SubmixSlider    = voice
End

AudioEvent AranarthVoiceAttackStructure
      Sounds          = Aranarth_attack1 Aranarth_attack2 Aranarth_attack3 Aranarth_attack4 Aranarth_attack6 Aranarth_attack7
      Volume          = 160
      MinVolume       = 130
      Limit           = 1
      SubmixSlider    = voice
End

AudioEvent AranarthVoiceMove
      Sounds          = Aranarth_move1 Aranarth_move2 Aranarth_move3 Aranarth_move4 Aranarth_move5 Aranarth_move6 Aranarth_move7 Aranarth_move8
      Volume          = 160
      MinVolume       = 130
      Limit           = 1
      SubmixSlider    = voice
End

AudioEvent AranarthVoiceSelect
      Sounds          = Aranarth_select1 Aranarth_select2 Aranarth_select3 Aranarth_select4 Aranarth_select5 Aranarth_select6 Aranarth_select7 Aranarth_select8
      Volume          = 160
      MinVolume       = 130
      Limit           = 1
      SubmixSlider    = voice
End

AudioEvent AranarthVoiceRecruit
      Sounds          = Aranarth_respawn1 Aranarth_respawn2 Aranarth_spawn
      Volume          = 160
      MinVolume       = 130
      Limit           = 1
      SubmixSlider    = voice
End

AudioEvent AranarthVoiceHelp
      Sounds          = Aranarth_help1
      Volume          = 160
      MinVolume       = 130
      Limit           = 1
      SubmixSlider    = voice
End
--- Ende Code ---

The German soundset used the category attackstructure, for which there are no specific sounds in English, therefore it does use the standard attack sounds.

LordDainIronfoot:
Here are some voices I have and I hope will be helpfull to the Team! :)
 It is Galadriel and Horns,I have sended some Thranduil Voices already! :)

--- Zitat ---https://soundcloud.com/lord-dain-ironfoot/sets/galadriel-lady-of-light
--- Ende Zitat ---

--- Zitat ---https://soundcloud.com/lord-dain-ironfoot/sets/lotr-and-hobbit-horn-sounds
--- Ende Zitat ---

Greetings to all! :)

Walküre:
Nice and useful idea, Tiberius  :)
It could be a nice way of creating a 'sounds Library' of the Edain Mod, easily recognisable and expandable, if other fans are willing to help.

I myself have cut mainly a lot of sounds of BOTFA, concerning Galadriel, Elrond, Smaug, Azog, Thranduil and Tauriel.
The tracks can be easily listened to and downloaded from my playlists on my SoundCloud profile  :)
https://soundcloud.com/diewalk-re

I am personally very fond of the Galadriel's lines of BOTFA, as they could be useful and really valuable sounds both for White Galadriel and Dark Galadriel, involving a lot of themes like the Rings of Power, Sauron, Morgoth and the Elder Days, and the Banishment.
https://soundcloud.com/diewalk-re/sets/galadriel-botfa-sounds-for-edain

I also cut the same tracks of Galadriel in German, for the German Community, in case they were needed.
https://soundcloud.com/diewalk-re/sets/galadriels-botfa-sounds-in-german

Also, the sound of Mirkwood's Horn could be as well useful to wisely and smartly differentiate Lothlórien from Mirkwood  :)

--- Zitat von: DieWalküre am  2. Sep 2015, 22:04 ---I cut the sound of the Mirkwood's horn from BOTFA, when Thranduil calls back his soldiers from Dale; the sound is almost identical to the one of DOS, when the Guards close the Gate of the Woodland Realm.

I think that it could be perfectly used in many ways, for an enhancing spell, or, better, a summoning spell for Mirkwood (since I assume that the Woodland Deers won't be available anymore in the Spellbook).

This horn is specifically the one of the Kingdom of Mirkwood, and it's rightly different from the one of Lothlórien.
If this horn will be included along with the 'current' one (via different spells in the Spellbook), the horn of the Galadhrim (if this spell has not been changed), I think that it will be an interesting and smart solution to mark the 'right difference' between the Golden Wood and the Woodland Realm, and their respective units  :)

https://soundcloud.com/diewalk-re/mirkwoods-horn

(I already made the track directly downloadable from SoundCloud, as all the other ones; the other tracks, though, of Galadriel, Elrond, Sauron, Smaug, Azog, Thranduil and Tauriel are already in the precious hands of FG15)  ;)

--- Ende Zitat ---

Gandalf The Gray:
is there any way to cut the music behind the voices ???

LordDainIronfoot:
It requres very complex and professional technology and can be done most proably by Proffesionals only like the ones who worked on the MOvie with top noch equipment and tech! :)

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln