28. Mär 2024, 22:44 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Sounds for the Edain Mod from the Community  (Gelesen 73566 mal)

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
Re: Sounds for the Edain Mod from the Community
« Antwort #135 am: 1. Nov 2016, 17:19 »
If that is the case, I'll correct it in the wiki!

I'd like to ask something, though. His quotes are exactly like the ones in Van Helsing, but the voice sounds different, so it can be from that game. A similar thing happens with Wulfgar, whose quotes sound like they are from Schwarzenegger's Conan film, but the voice also sounds different. Are Wulfgar's quotes from the same game?

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #136 am: 1. Nov 2016, 17:33 »
There are exactly same in content terms, quotes as quotes, but there is not Hugh Jackman's voice nor Schwarzenegger's voice. That is maybe small misunderstanding from my side in previous post.  ;)
Yes, Wulfgar's quotes are same as Schwarzenegger's ones from Conan film but again same situation, sound pack is from game Heroes of Newerth, hero Berzeker (standard avatar aka skin). HoN members like to insert famous quotes from famos movies into game, it is pretty often in that game and very nice.  ;)

Regards,
CragLord
« Letzte Änderung: 1. Nov 2016, 18:20 von CragLord »

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #137 am: 1. Nov 2016, 17:41 »
Thanks for the answer, I'll change that in the wiki! :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #138 am: 1. Nov 2016, 18:25 »
Hohoho, it has been a long time. :P
Hello people!  :)

Hello Crag! It's great to hear from you again. I'm really glad you like this little project  :)

Please, I beg you, do not add sounds which are of bad quality, and when you have cutting from movie/youtube files, there is always a tons of examples. Also, there is no need for adding bad sound material it also increases size of mod... I just really want to point on this problem! :)

Yours is a very justified concern. I'm nonetheless sure that the majority of those tracks is well reliable as an in-game feature and that we can thus trust the quality of the outcome which is to (hopefully) come. As you know precisely, sounds or noises that belong to the background soundtrack and to very cinematographic action are something we can do little about. But I imagine there won't be many issues under that perspective: if I'm not wrong, most of the lines are lines inserted in quiet or intensely static contexts (no battles or clashes whatsoever). The fact that we were exactly seeking for that defined kind of lines helped us significantly.

The purpose of the proposal is mainly sticking to the cinematographic atmosphere even more, regardless of the inevitable minor flaws that we might encounter in this choice. I guess it's the same and evergreen dilemma between preferring the basic vanilla lines (yet 100% fitting for the game mechanics) and desiring that more of the game be based on the trilogies we all love so much (at the cost of possible risks). From my own side, I would always go boldly for the renowned material of our 17-Oscar-awarded trilogy; as a practical example, Galadriel's lines from the films (Cate Blanchett's voice, by the way) over the vanilla 'We have saved Middle-earth' or 'Go, friends'. A recurrent theme we often discussed a lot (right, Fred?)  xD

On the matter, I think Necro and all the other ones who contributed too have done a marvellous work. Rohan has fewer lines compared to the other factions, but I view the general progress of the proposal quite enough to be partly finalised. At this point, there is another aspect to consider: usually, when it comes to sounds, it's always customary to take the German Community into account. Therefore, I think we had better wait for the indications/insights of FG or other members of the Edain Team about the right path to take. May I thank again those who took time to develop all of this, willing to add more value to the game  ;)

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #139 am: 15. Nov 2016, 12:36 »
https://soundcloud.com/user-761982642/sets/rohhirim-formation
Rohhirim voice from bfme 1 when they change formation
« Letzte Änderung: 19. Jan 2017, 12:27 von Slawek56703 »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #140 am: 6. Jan 2017, 02:56 »
Necro, speaking about sounds, do you personally deem the lines you managed to gather (for victory or defeat) enough to consider the proposal as quite complete?

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #141 am: 6. Jan 2017, 09:16 »
I'd say yes, we have at least one sound for each condition of each faction.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #142 am: 2. Feb 2017, 17:17 »
In search of bfme 2 sounds i found some more (victory , deafeat) backround sounds mostly cheers and some horns maybe become useful for some spell or something
https://soundcloud.com/user-761982642/sets/bfme-2-useful-sounds

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #143 am: 5. Mai 2017, 01:00 »
Some more ideas for the victory/defeat quotes (as suggested by a friend) I will cut them later and add them to the list, I'm also trying to group them all in one archive.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #144 am: 5. Mai 2017, 02:16 »
I'm very happy to know that progress is still proceeding in the right direction. I hope this major proposal will soon be an actual reality in the game.

titanbass1

• Hobbit
« Antwort #145 am: 11. Jan 2018, 01:46 »
Hi, this is a repost from the Suggestion Forum (as I did not know this one existed)  :(
In any case, I absolutely love the Lich King easter egg, however I was a little sad to hear that his voice acting is not his actual voice. If you are interested, I uploaded the sounds for use in the upcoming Edain 4.5
Thanks so much for making an amazing mod!

EDIT:I was looking at some other recordings and noticed that these are not the highest quality. I will make better ones and upload them tomorrow with more options.

EDIT 2: So here is the updated sound files I made for him. I don't know how audio files are read in BFME2, so I just named them the actions Lich King would be doing. Feel free to edit them however you would like and there are some extra files if you wish to use them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4crawpkkmmpievd/Lich%20King%20Soundset.7z?dl=0

Thanks!
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Jan 2018, 19:34 von titanbass1 »