18. Apr 2024, 15:44 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Sounds for the Edain Mod from the Community  (Gelesen 74277 mal)

CragLord

• Gast
Re: Sounds for the Edain Mod from the Community
« Antwort #45 am: 28. Nov 2015, 00:26 »
Man, you should posted this in Brief Lothlorien Suggestions or to Sound Suggestion topic, or at least to Audio Bugs topic, not to open new topic because of this trivial thing...
Please take into consideration this next time you decide to start with new topic...

P.S. Btw, you have noticed right thing, and it is good proposal. :)
       I have already reported that in Audio Bugs thread.

Regards,
CragLord
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Nov 2015, 00:49 von CragLord »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #46 am: 28. Nov 2015, 01:14 »

Yes, CragLord is right.
There is no need to open a new whole thread for this suggestion.

Nevertheless, I think that this proposal is quite particular, as it might be regarded both as a sound bug or a conceptual sound suggestion depending on which side you look at it  xD

Anyway, this thread will be merged with the Sound Suggestions thread, to avoid also an unnecessary accumulation of locked threads in the Lothlórien section.

« Letzte Änderung: 28. Nov 2015, 01:20 von DieWalküre »

Darkslayer

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #47 am: 2. Dez 2015, 07:19 »
I'd love to hear "Leave Sauron to me" in Edain in some capacity - it's my favorite line from all 6 films!

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #48 am: 2. Dez 2015, 14:39 »
i think its a good idea if ET will make saruman the white a good guy at some point

bookworm1138

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad"
« Antwort #49 am: 13. Dez 2015, 02:42 »
i posted this link on the Brief Dwarven Suggestions page, as i didn't know of the existence of this thread. But here it is again: a few suggestions for quotes for Dain Ironfoot, either Erebor or Iron Hills, based on his lines from the Extended Edition of BftFA.

https://soundcloud.com/1truvikingbard/sets/dain-ironfoot-for-edain-mod

PS: the first quote is a little long, i know, and it could be split in two, or the first part removed and "You pointy-eared princess" kept, if that is acceptable. Also, the third and seventh tracks i would recommend especially for their significance to the lore of the character and of the Dwarves.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #50 am: 13. Dez 2015, 13:26 »
Quotes 4,5 and 8 have really great background effects, so somehow some processing should be done if possible. Just to reduce that background music or to try, personally I don't know will results be good after processing because effects in background are "strong".
Rest of quotes in my opinion sound nice. Some  anvelope narrowing could be done at the end of sound signal (of some quotes) so we don't have that "instant" ending etc. And some adjustment of amlitude ofc, but after testing in game.
In mu opinion with some lesser processing this sound material could be used in nice way for mod.  :)

Regards,
CragLord

Naethaeris

• Hobbit
« Antwort #51 am: 23. Dez 2015, 01:23 »
Greetings
I recently posted a comment on the moddb page regarding the unit sound-sets used in the Edain Mod. Specifically I pointed out that some heroes (in the english version) were voiced by their original actors, yet have had their battle quotes replaced with sounds taken directly from the film. I understand the desire to add authenticity by including the voices from the films but in cases where the original actor returned this is not necessary. My post on moddb was answered by FG13 who explained the reasons behind the replaced voices and suggested I compile a list of heroes who were voiced by their film actors. The list is as follows
Saruman
Gandalf
Gimli
Elrond
And the Hobbits (excluding Bilbo of course)
Of these Gandalf, Saruman, Gimli and Pippin are missing their original sound-sets. The others have their orignal voices intact. Elrond is not yet in the mod so I don't know whether his voice has been replaced or not. While their is nothing wrong with the new voices it is unnecessary to replaced them and the new quotes make little sense out of context. Therefore it is my opinion that all heroes voiced by the original actor should use their original Bfme sound-set.
Fondest Regards

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #52 am: 23. Dez 2015, 01:36 »
Hi  :)

There already is an official and main sounds thread, where all the proposals about sound from the Edain Community are gathered together.

I will merge your thread with that one ;)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #53 am: 23. Dez 2015, 18:25 »

To be honest, I forgot old quotes from vannila. xD
I support vannila packs but some of movie quotes should be also used. For example iconic quotes from movies and current sound effects for hero abilities for example which are also used from movie sound matterial.
I don't know what is policy about content in game concerning german part, but is there equivalent content for german packs to those english vanilla packs?

Regards,
CragLord
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Dez 2015, 18:33 von CragLord »

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #54 am: 27. Dez 2015, 18:45 »
Hello people,

Today I have prepared small sound polishing proposal.  ;)

I don't know is it bug or not, but have you guys noticed that Bard's thrush has sound effects of CROW?  [ugly]
These are pretty different birds in nature, because of that I think that thrush should have corresponding sound pack. I have managed to find some good material concerning trush sounds and song in nature, and I tried to process that sound material.
At the end, I prepared new sound pack for Bard's Thrush: http://www.megafileupload.com/mx0l/Trush_Sound_Pack.rar

What do you think about this? :)

Regards,
CragLord
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Dez 2015, 20:44 von CragLord »

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #55 am: 27. Dez 2015, 18:56 »
That's a great idea. :)

"That still only counts as one!"

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #56 am: 28. Dez 2015, 00:40 »
Great sounds my friend, I like them :)!

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #57 am: 29. Dez 2015, 10:55 »
The Sound is really great and surely more fitting! :) I am one of those people who really enjoy the small details being they visual or sound and this one is realle somethign which I will appriciate! :)

Great job Crag as always,I hope the  Team will use this wonderfull sound! :)

Greeting!
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #58 am: 29. Dez 2015, 14:12 »
I am glad you like&support new sounds guys. ;)
Thank you! :)

Best regards,
CragLord

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #59 am: 9. Jan 2016, 21:18 »
Hello everyone.

So, I guess team is working hard to bring us new patch.
Angmar is new faction, so I was looking for some soundset for Agandaur from game Lotr: War in the North.
I get some info that Agandaur's sound set was earlier used for CaH, but now is replaced with some other.
I liked Agandaur's sound pack while I was playing War in the North game, so I tried to find completely clean packs of Agandaur for English and German community.
I find both packs, and they are of great quality, so I think they should be integrated back in this mod, in CaH or for some other Angmar's hero.

Download link: http://www.megafileupload.com/eegP/Agandaur_sound_packs.rar

This is source materil, files will need some "cropping". I wanted to do that myself for english version, but because I wasn't in position to do same for german version, I left both versions in source shape.
I hope current versions are same in content terms.

Regards,
CragLord
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Jan 2016, 22:06 von CragLord »