28. Mär 2024, 09:18 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Sounds for the Edain Mod from the Community  (Gelesen 73527 mal)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
Sounds for the Edain Mod from the Community
« am: 15. Sep 2015, 18:01 »
This thread serves as a presentation of work for those users, who've already cut some sounds/voices or they're planning to cut some voices in the future.

Here you can present your work if you think that your voices should be included in Edain mod.

The rest of us can discuss purpose or quality of sounds and finally team members have a great opportunity to find all voices in one place. :)

Just share your links with us. xD

OFFICIAL GUIDELINES FROM FG15:

« Letzte Änderung: 23. Dez 2018, 18:03 von Walküre »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Re: Sounds for the Edain Mod from the Community
« Antwort #1 am: 15. Sep 2015, 18:11 »
Here are some voices I have and I hope will be helpfull to the Team! :)
 It is Galadriel and Horns,I have sended some Thranduil Voices already! :)

Greetings to all! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #2 am: 15. Sep 2015, 18:35 »
Nice and useful idea, Tiberius  :)
It could be a nice way of creating a 'sounds Library' of the Edain Mod, easily recognisable and expandable, if other fans are willing to help.

I myself have cut mainly a lot of sounds of BOTFA, concerning Galadriel, Elrond, Smaug, Azog, Thranduil and Tauriel.
The tracks can be easily listened to and downloaded from my playlists on my SoundCloud profile  :)
https://soundcloud.com/diewalk-re

I am personally very fond of the Galadriel's lines of BOTFA, as they could be useful and really valuable sounds both for White Galadriel and Dark Galadriel, involving a lot of themes like the Rings of Power, Sauron, Morgoth and the Elder Days, and the Banishment.
https://soundcloud.com/diewalk-re/sets/galadriel-botfa-sounds-for-edain

I also cut the same tracks of Galadriel in German, for the German Community, in case they were needed.
https://soundcloud.com/diewalk-re/sets/galadriels-botfa-sounds-in-german

Also, the sound of Mirkwood's Horn could be as well useful to wisely and smartly differentiate Lothlórien from Mirkwood  :)

« Letzte Änderung: 15. Sep 2015, 19:11 von DieWalküre »

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #3 am: 15. Sep 2015, 19:09 »
is there any way to cut the music behind the voices ???

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #4 am: 15. Sep 2015, 19:13 »
It requres very complex and professional technology and can be done most proably by Proffesionals only like the ones who worked on the MOvie with top noch equipment and tech! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 15. Sep 2015, 19:14 »

I don't think so, unless you have quite professional skills in sounds and editing.

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #6 am: 15. Sep 2015, 19:30 »
You can find horn and Old Bilbo sounds here:
https://soundcloud.com/meta-277234433

"That still only counts as one!"

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #7 am: 15. Sep 2015, 20:39 »

I don't think so, unless you have quite professional skills in sounds and editing.
i'll see what i can do

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #8 am: 16. Sep 2015, 09:21 »
Gandalf the Corrupted is missing a soundset.

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: 16. Sep 2015, 18:23 »
Gandalf the Corrupted is missing a soundset.

If someone is willing to cut its dark voice, I can recommend Gandalf's monologue from the Bag End (both monologues - from the Fellowship and from An Unexpected Journey as well) and definitely dark speech in Imladris. 8-)
Each of them can provide at least three sounds.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #10 am: 16. Sep 2015, 20:56 »
This are all the Voices and Sounds of Gandalf I thought migh be used fro Gandalf the Corrupted,at least to my opinion!If the Team likes,they are free to use them! :)

« Letzte Änderung: 17. Sep 2015, 11:18 von LordDainIronfoot »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #11 am: 17. Sep 2015, 19:57 »
I cut some lines of Gandalf the Grey as well, concerning Gandalf casting spells or counter spells against Saruman in Caradhras.
Also, some lines of Gandalf from the EE of FOTR about the 'Greater Powers' in the World for the Good and the Evil (Melkor/Morgoth and the Valar), referring also, probably, to the Power of the One Ring (Sauron), beyond the limits of an Istar.

I thought that they could be very good and suitable for a 'Corrupted' Gandalf, who bears a dangerous and consuming tool as the One Ring.
The tracks can be downloaded directly from the website  :)

https://soundcloud.com/diewalk-re/sets/gandalf-the-grey

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #12 am: 17. Sep 2015, 20:20 »
nice sounds walk

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: 17. Sep 2015, 21:42 »
Maybe FG can provide some kind of instruction and information concerning topic, for instance:

1) What is ideal number of sounds for heroes etc.?

2) What is minimal number of sounds in order to be implemented and, on the other hand, what is maximum number of sounds which can be implemented?

3) What is ideal length for the soundset?

4) Are there any other restrictions such as quality, English sounds should correspond with German sounds, out off topic sentences/speech?

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #14 am: 17. Sep 2015, 23:04 »
1) In my opinion the ideal number of sounds is between 25 and 35, depending on what kind of sounds are included.

2&3) I want to explain the structure of soundsets a bit.
There are 3 main categories of sounds: attack, move and select
Each of them should have at least 4 sounds for minor heroes and for regular heroes the minimum is 6 sounds. The perfect number in my opinion is 9 each, so that we get at least 27 sounds. These sounds are played frequently, therefore the tracks should not be too long, and not too special for the general situation. Thranduil's soundset has 72 sounds at the moment, because I have to remove some after testing him ingame.
Then there are other categories as well. The most important one for heroes is the recruitment sound, which is played when the hero leaves the Citadel. It can be much longer, because it does not happen that often, so the sound does not get enoying easily. Also, the sentence can be quite characteristic for the hero.
Nearly all heroes also have a dying sound or a sound when they are heavily damaged. This one might be played in the middle of the battle, therefore it should be really short. Adding such a number is possible, of course, but every added sound increases the download duration.
There can also be sounds for retreat, selectinbattle, attackstructure, garrision,...
While in the original game, there were even more categories, in Edain only very few heroes use these, because they will appear only rarely ingame. Of course abilities often have their own sounds as well.

In contrast to heroes, the soundset of units should be much more unspecific and therefore it can contain a lesser number of sounds. Also, the sounds are usually shorter than those of the heroes.

4) The most important thing concerning quality are the background voices. They should be as minimal as possible. Even if something sounds good in a movie, it might be total crap ingame. The human is able to hear things selective, so that he may ignore the background sounds in the movie. Ingame the sounds suddenly pop up, being influenced by the ingame background sounds, which are completly different from those in the movie.
Background noices have to be silent at the start and the end of the sound, and the speaking voice has to be all the time louder than the background noises. Also the volumne of the background noises has to be continous, with no big peaks.

Furthermore, the sound has the best effect ingame, if it is not cut from the middle of a sentence. A smooth beginning and ending would be really great.

The sounds don't have to correspond 100% to the German ones, the only restrictions are that I can't add neither categories nor completly new soundsets for the English version. If some units will share the same soundset in the German version, they will share it in the English version, too.

5) When providing sounds, it would be great if you could sort the sounds to the categories I mentioned above, and name them (f.e. Frodo_attack1). If you use more categories than the number of those that are used, that is no problem, and I can merge them into another one. Also please use underlines instead of whitespaces, otherwise I have to rename every sound.

« Letzte Änderung: 17. Sep 2015, 23:10 von FG15 »