28. Mär 2024, 17:29 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Other games and movies  (Gelesen 4496 mal)

aminetude

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Go back to the void from whence you came!"
Other games and movies
« am: 22. Sep 2015, 13:13 »
Hello guys, since i liked lotr and the hobbit so much, and i played almost all the games related to them, i was wondering if there is some similar fantasy movies ( that are worthy of watching of course ), or some fantasy strategy games, well about the movies i know just one, wich is eragon and it was destined to be a trilogy like lotr, but they made just one movie and it wasn't that successful, and the games i know of the new upcoming ( very cool game) wich is warhammer total war, and probably in the future a lotr or hobbit mod will be made for this game ( since it have orcs, humans, elves, dwarves ... already present as factions of the vanilla game).
so if you know anything else, would you inform me plz, thank you. :)
Such is the nature of evil, in time all foul things come forth.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Other games and movies
« Antwort #1 am: 22. Sep 2015, 18:10 »

I think that you should post this on more appropriate threads, like these ones  :)

http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/board,362.0.html

http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/board,367.0.html

aminetude

« Antwort #2 am: 22. Sep 2015, 21:09 »
ok i posted it in video games tag, but i also believe it can be posted in lotr tag, because i said movies too that are related to lotr, so there is no harm in that, and  diewalkure it is just like you post : ^wich are your favorite mountains in arda?^ or ^anals of aman^, wich by the way have nothing to do with the lord of the rings tag ! :) :) :)
i am not trying to be a hostile, but i just wouldnt accept the advice to stop smoking from a smoker  8-)
« Letzte Änderung: 22. Sep 2015, 21:25 von aminetude »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 22. Sep 2015, 22:15 »
ok i posted it in video games tag, but i also believe it can be posted in lotr tag, because i said movies too that are related to lotr, so there is no harm in that, and  diewalkure it is just like you post : ^wich are your favorite mountains in arda?^ or ^anals of aman^, wich by the way have nothing to do with the lord of the rings tag ! :) :) :)
i am not trying to be a hostile, but i just wouldnt accept the advice to stop smoking from a smoker  8-)

No, I'm sorry, you're kind of wrong  :)

As the title of your thread clearly indicates, your post primarily refers to other Videogames and Films, and, then, briefly refers to your personal wishes for other Hobbit/LOTR related games.

The Lord of the Rings section refers holistically to the whole Tolkien's Legendarium, of which its main elements are present in different ways both in the Silmarillion and LOTR; this section primarily involves lore discussions (and also funny things about the lore), or discussions about specific Hobbit/LOTR related films (and the lore is still often the main point).
It doesn't involve discussions that concern Videogames themselves, or the very games' mechanism and structure (history, gameplay, characters and other things).
In simple words, the Lore is the central matter of everything.

Furthermore, Aman, Valinor, Valimar, Eldamar and Tirion (as long as the Valar) are mentioned as well in the LOTR books, via tales, Memories or Chants.
The Undying Lands are one of the pivotal themes of the trilogy as well.
And, what about the Mountains of Arda (Blue Mountains, Misty Mountains, Erebor,...)?
Aren't they mentioned in LOTR as well, maybe?  [ugly]

Nevertheless, it was just an advice of mine, the Moderators do as they wish  :)

P.S. I don't smoke, aminetude, you should try again  :D
May Peace be upon you  ;)

« Letzte Änderung: 22. Sep 2015, 22:21 von DieWalküre »

aminetude

« Antwort #4 am: 23. Sep 2015, 00:45 »
My dear Diewalkure, again, i am not trying to be hostile, i am sorry if i mad you feel that i was harrassing you, but the thing about smoking is called metaphor, a figure of speech, i know it is crazy to understand at the begining, but here is a link for a definition for it ( it might be useful for you to help you understand it better ) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphor
so what i meant by:"i just wouldnt accept the advice to stop smoking from a smoker", that i won't allow someone to tell me to use another tag whislt he is using the same tag for other topics ( see it is a little bit easy now to understand )
i will explain more further, you see that it is rightful to speak about ^ the anals of aman, and the mountains of arda ^, wich i myself dont feel like they fit in lotr tag, since how you judged my topic at the begining, i only could understand that the lotr tag must be allowed for lotr related things only, nothing more, you see, each of us view that the other one's topic isn't fitting in this tag, but i never said that your topics were unfitting until you misjudged mine (  :( poor me )
you see i am a nice fellow, but i am a proud one, and even if i don't fancy dwarves, but i have a common thing with them, i am STUBBORN.
PS: i dont smoke too, and dont forget to revise the metaphor definition thing :)
and may the peace be upon you too, and that your steps go far away from harm  :D
and have a good night.
also can i know how i add those gif animated pictures in my posts ?
« Letzte Änderung: 23. Sep 2015, 00:49 von aminetude »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 23. Sep 2015, 01:19 »

Oh, aminetude, I obviously understood the metaphor about smoking; I just referred to it in the final part of my comment to have a fancy final line for you, and, also, adding a personal fact of mine  :D

Never mind.
No way was or am I resentful for your previous comment, I just felt the necessity to correct you, and help you as well, as you are objectively new to this forum.
Sorry if I seemed to be a bit judgemental, I was only trying to give you some advices.
But, consider this, I have to answer your words about my posts; you literally wrote that they have nothing to do with LOTR, it was a great wound from you (joking)  :D
And, consequently, I rightly replied to you that not only are my posts obviously suitable for this section, but also that their content is exactly mentioned in the very LOTR books as well  ;)

Concerning the GIF, you just have to copy its URL and insert it as an image to your forum Signature.
But, keep in mind, there are exact rules on this website about the dimensions of the images for the signatures; I don't know if that GIF respects these rules or not.
Anyway, these are the rules, you can check (number 4 under 'V. Profile')  :)

http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,30385.msg384243.html#msg384243

aminetude

« Antwort #6 am: 23. Sep 2015, 01:57 »
oh Diewalkure, i like you, finally i found my match, someone that portrais an elf ( me => thranduil, you => galadriel ), but we got the spirit of the sons of durin we never stop.
i really want to chat with you more privatly in a social website, let's say facebook maybe ? it would be really nice.
and thanks for the answer about the gif things, although i dont understand, when i will put it in my forum signature wouldnt it appear in all my posts ? i want it to appear just where i want ?!?
and i congratulate you for not smoking, keep your good health if you intend to live as an elf haha. and i will do something i never did before, something that will make the earth tremble under my feet, for the first time i will withdraw from an argue :( :( :( ( haha ) and say that i am sorry if i was a little bit rude, i never meant it to appear like that.
and you said i am new, well somehow it is true and somehow it isn't haha, i think my membership is about a year now, i just didnt reply to posts, but i always were there, reading , this is just how i work, so silent, as a mirkwood elf, waiting for the right moment to come out from shadow and shine !
thanks again for your replies, and plz dont diseappoint me and say you dont have a facebook account !