19. Mär 2024, 03:08 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Other games and movies.  (Gelesen 3575 mal)

aminetude

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Go back to the void from whence you came!"
Other games and movies.
« am: 22. Sep 2015, 20:22 »
Hello guys, since i liked lotr and the hobbit so much, and i played almost all the games related to them, i was wondering if there is some similar fantasy movies ( that are worthy of watching of course ), or some fantasy strategy games, well about the movies i know just one, wich is eragon and it was destined to be a trilogy like lotr, but they made just one movie and it wasn't that successful, and the games i know of the new upcoming ( very cool game) wich is warhammer total war, and probably in the future a lotr or hobbit mod will be made for this game ( since it have orcs, humans, elves, dwarves ... already present as factions of the vanilla game).
so if you know anything else, would you inform me plz, thank you. :)
Such is the nature of evil, in time all foul things come forth.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
Re: Other games and movies.
« Antwort #1 am: 22. Sep 2015, 21:54 »
Harry Potter is also a fantasy movies/ books/ games series  xD
Seriously though, almost no fantasy universe other than Middle Earth ever had much success in movies. That can be somewhat attributed to the unbelievable popularity of LOTR (the second most sold book ever!), but also because many fantasy universes fail to capture their world in a believable reality.
Eragon was a piece of garbage. The Chronicles of Narnia is so childish even more than the original Hobbit book.
The most prominent fantasy world today is Game of Thrones. Say what you want about the TV show, but the universe itself is as well established as Middle Earth! (G.R.R. Martin said that Tolkien's works are a huge inspiration and influence on his writings).
I myself am a fan of the show, though I haven't read the novels yet (but I'm planing to sometime), and if you want a well established believable fantasy then I highly encourage you to give it a chance ;)

Moving on to games;
There are a couple of Game of Thrones mods for Total War, though I've never tried any of them myself.
I'm so hyped for Warhammer total war. It looks so freak'n cool! and the potential for mods is amazing :D
Now this is debatable, but if you consider Star Wars a fantasy (Which I personally do) then you can find A LOT of games and mods for Star Wars, both as an TBS, RTS, RPG, even in GTA  [uglybunti]

aminetude

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Go back to the void from whence you came!"
« Antwort #2 am: 23. Sep 2015, 01:30 »
Harry Potter is also a fantasy movies/ books/ games series  xD
Seriously though, almost no fantasy universe other than Middle Earth ever had much success in movies. That can be somewhat attributed to the unbelievable popularity of LOTR (the second most sold book ever!), but also because many fantasy universes fail to capture their world in a believable reality.
Eragon was a piece of garbage. The Chronicles of Narnia is so childish even more than the original Hobbit book.
The most prominent fantasy world today is Game of Thrones. Say what you want about the TV show, but the universe itself is as well established as Middle Earth! (G.R.R. Martin said that Tolkien's works are a huge inspiration and influence on his writings).
I myself am a fan of the show, though I haven't read the novels yet (but I'm planing to sometime), and if you want a well established believable fantasy then I highly encourage you to give it a chance ;)

Moving on to games;
There are a couple of Game of Thrones mods for Total War, though I've never tried any of them myself.
I'm so hyped for Warhammer total war. It looks so freak'n cool! and the potential for mods is amazing :D
Now this is debatable, but if you consider Star Wars a fantasy (Which I personally do) then you can find A LOT of games and mods for Star Wars, both as an TBS, RTS, RPG, even in GTA  [uglybunti]

i always wanted to watch the game of thrones, i already got like the whole simpsons seasons, i like to watch long tv shows, i will consider watching the game of thrones ( and by the way , can you tell me what is the main goal of this show ? like for lotr, they need to destroy the ring to defeat the dark lord , the hobbit, they need to reclaim a homeland and slay a dragon ...)
and for games i think i will just wait for warhammer total war, i always liked the total war games, and i am sure this one will be really great, and will serve as a good engine for mods for middle-earth, i really would like to see the battle of five armies in that particular game, the graphics look very good, and with the new flying units system, we can have eagles !!!!!! yeah !!!!!
and unfortenatly i don't like star wars that much ( sorry for star wars fans ), it is just not my thing, i mean i could watch it if i had nothing else to do, but to spend hours playing games of it , that won't be amuzing for me
 and a MEGA BIG FAT thanks for the reply hoho96  ;)
Such is the nature of evil, in time all foul things come forth.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #3 am: 23. Sep 2015, 18:17 »
The book is called "a song of ice and fire" referring to the conflict between the red god and the "others".
It follows several main families through their struggle to accumulate power in Westeros (the Middle Earth of Game of Thrones).
It's really hard to put it in words. Here's a playlist of season 4 and 5 videos https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOIeYdZ3QczxGuSDE8NtOuthqbKFChC0q
It contains reviews, previews, questions, answers, lore stuff, and everything in between.
You can also find a lot of info on other youtube channels.