25. Apr 2024, 01:55 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Rohan Muster-Camp/War-Camp/War-Garrison  (Gelesen 2440 mal)

SkaarjX

• Bilbos Festgast
Rohan Muster-Camp/War-Camp/War-Garrison
« am: 24. Sep 2015, 07:23 »
Just an idea for a new Rohan outpost alternative:

Muster camp:

This is a camp of tents surrounded by wooden pallisades. There are two small wooden lookout towers which fire at nearby enemies (weak attack). The camp costs only 800, but can be improved later through upgrades. The camp provides very low income when created, and allows recruitment of militia. Militia cost 200, have an axe and shield and have stats similar to a peasant who had just used a draft ability, except that they are stronger against buildings then a peasant. The idea is that they are slightly trained and already indoctrinated into the rohan military.

War Camp:

The muster camp can recieve its first upgrade to become a war camp for the cost of 400 resources. This takes some time (say 60 seconds) and when complete, the muster camp becomes a war camp which changes to have better stats and visually some of its tents are replaced by wooden structures. Also, it gets a third wooden tower and all 3 now start to look more like sentry towers and do slightly higher damage. Once complete, the rohan player can now build rohan militia at level 2 (with banner carrier) for an increased cost of 300. The structure can now build rohan scouts. Rohan scouts are 5 riders with light cloth armour and wielding an axe and shield but can switch to bow using a toggle at level 2. They are faster then most other cavalry, and have a passive ability to detect invisible units at level 3 and above. They cannot recieve armour or weapon upgrades (except flaming arrows). They cost less cp then normal cavalry and 250 resources.

War Garrison:

The war camp can further be upgraded to become a war garrison for 600 resources, which now looks visually like the rohan fortress from edain 3.8. This war garrison has better stats and can be further upgraded with flaming munitions and wall banners (for increased experience to nearby units).

The idea of this whole concept comes from Rohan mustering troops and the camp is a major location for nearby villagers to go to join the local militia in the defense of nearby villages. The rohirhim couldn't protect everyone at once inside their borders so the people would have had to take up arms themselves. Once they had changed from peasants to warriors if the war was still going some of them would need to stay and maintain an active militia to protect their lands.

Gameplay wise, it gives Rohan early building killers, with the militia and scouts being armed with axes. It also provides a stronger defence to an area rohan wants to capture particularly on the late game when rohan struggles. Also provides a way to get stronger infantry without having to draft and then spend money on banners as well as other upgrades. The scouts would be good to humt for enemy stealthed units an gollum but need experiemce first so not op. They also can adapt to different situations with their weapon toggle. They are weak though so spamming them would be inneffective (and not their true purpose which is scouting enemy lines harassing resources and isolated troops).

I hope you like my idea. :-)

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
Re: Rohan Muster-Camp/War-Camp/War-Garrison
« Antwort #1 am: 24. Sep 2015, 13:00 »
While the idea is interesting and your reasoning is relatively sound, I doubt the team and its beta testers believe that Rohan really need anything else. I would also think that to make Rohan better in late game is too buff or change a few already existing units/upgrades of theirs instead.

While I personally liked the idea of someone suggesting to place the Rohirrim Muster Camp on an Outpost plot, the current Rohirrim camp is too powerful to be placed there.

Furthermore, you should probably come up with ideas that promote improvements for the current units and upgrades/buildings for Rohan. I have quite a few ideas myself, but I ditched all of the ''add x/y stuff to Rohan'' because of the team's wishes, so I suggest you do the same to spare yourself time and effort.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #2 am: 25. Sep 2015, 08:38 »
I can't speak for the team, but as a beta tester I repeatedly wish some more stuff would be added to Rohan, especially to remedy its late game issues. Rohan is my favorite faction, and I have made many suggestions myself(Rohan has the majority of my post history xD). Also, this idea should be on the Rohan Outpost Ideas thread to help keep the forums more organized.

I think that this is a good idea, but Rohan doesn't need any more early game infantry, and light cavalry are pointless considering how much damage Rohirrim of the Eastfold can do. With a little refinement this could be a great idea, but as Odysseus said its unlikely that entirely new units will be added. Try to focus future efforts on improving existing gameplay elements already present in the faction, because while some entirely new stuff could potentially be created once the "demo" is entirely finished and all factions are released, its not likely to happen sooner than that. Glad to see a little life come into the Rohan threads and a new face, don't become discouraged by failure, and remember that just because the team doesn't respond doesn't mean they haven't seen your post :)
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #3 am: 25. Sep 2015, 16:02 »
Well said, mate.

“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”