29. Mär 2024, 03:33 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Dol Guldur [V3.0]  (Gelesen 7289 mal)

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
  • "The tower guard shall take up the call!"
Dol Guldur [V3.0]
« am: 25. Sep 2015, 13:59 »
this is a showcase of my upcoming dol guldur map, since this is the first map i have ever made i also need to ask for some tips, such as how do i blend textures What do i need to make sure the map works other than spawn points and setting up the camps, and can i set a building as player 1s fortress inside dol guldur or will i have to use the camp? answers to those questions will be really helpful and any feedback about the map.

[NEW]Photos are here: http://imgur.com/a/VriOt

VERSION 3.0 out fortress has been finalised for now hope you enjoy
New Version of map: https://www.mediafire.com/?4hishvrk6i9yt76
« Letzte Änderung: 12. Okt 2015, 11:49 von calsash »
"I would have followed you my brother my captain my king"

Fine

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
Re: Dol Guldur
« Antwort #1 am: 25. Sep 2015, 16:06 »
This map already looks farely great, I encourage you to keep working on it :)

I think you did a very good job at recreating the ruined Dol Guldur shown in the Hobbit trilogy.
RPG:

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #2 am: 25. Sep 2015, 16:50 »
It looks nice, well done^^

Anyway, to make a custom fortress available for the player 1, you need to name your wannabe-Citadel "Festung_1" (you should use an appropriate building) and the Player_1_Start must have the flag "Beacon". For the rest, just follow the tutorial written by hoho96 :)
P.S. I guess you will add more buildings, it won't remain so empty, right?

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #3 am: 25. Sep 2015, 17:07 »
It looks nice, well done^^

Anyway, to make a custom fortress available for the player 1, you need to name your wannabe-Citadel "Festung_1" (you should use an appropriate building) and the Player_1_Start must have the flag "Beacon". For the rest, just follow the tutorial written by hoho96 :)
P.S. I guess you will add more buildings, it won't remain so empty, right?

You guessed it i will have some more photos soon of my progress :)

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #4 am: 25. Sep 2015, 17:46 »
Updated Images, im getting close to finishing it http://imgur.com/a/mtXbb

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #5 am: 25. Sep 2015, 18:59 »
Looks really nice, congrats^^
I'll download it and test it, so I can value it^^

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #6 am: 25. Sep 2015, 19:10 »
Looks really nice, congrats^^
I'll download it and test it, so I can value it^^

I havent been able to try my own map yet haha, but im sure you will find issues alot faster then if it was me looking at it.

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #7 am: 26. Sep 2015, 09:43 »
I found some issues while playing but am unsure how to fix them so if people will be able to tell me that would be great. So is there a way for me to make the whole of dol guldur fortress visible to the player, also when the main gate breaks it just goes is their a way to get it to stay and not break?

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #8 am: 26. Sep 2015, 19:24 »
Ok, I tested the map, and I really liked it^^
I made some improvements to it, and I sent you a link where you can download the improved version, in case you want to improve it more or publicly upload it^^
Here's a changelog of the improvements made:
1. The neutral Guldur fortresses used for building the real fortress have been set to "Unselectable". This allows the player to select his actual buildings and not "decorative" ones
2. The citadel has been scaled up to look more imposing
3. The buildplots and the citadel have been fixed accordingly to the tutorial written by hoho96
4. The top castle has been moved slightly downward. Previously, it was too close to the map boundaries, making its walls bugged or not spawning
5. The terrain under the upper-right outpost has been made more plain. Previously, it caused a buildplot to not spawn
6. The player inside can now see the fortress permanently
7. The player inside starts with 6000 resources and 700 CP
8. Added a minimap and an appropriate picture of the map
9. Improved the map description
10. Zoomed in for a better control and fewer lag
11. The spiders lairs now actually attack anyone close
12. The bats had to be removed, since they gave a huge advantage to the inside player, who was able to conquer settlements and outposts by sending the bats on their location
13. Added the waypoints and the paths necessary for the Mordor reinforcements or the Dwarven Travel Camp
14. Removed the inner outposts for balance issues and replaced with two working Guldur fortresses

Hope you like my improvements, and I hope you'll upload the map publicly ASAP^^
Congrats for your work ;)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #9 am: 26. Sep 2015, 19:29 »
For the first issue (visibility) make a region and name it something (like Dol Guldur fortress) and set a trigger to make this area ALWAYS visible for player 1 -or whoever own the fortress-.

For the second issue (the gate) I think it's related to the type of gate you're using. Try to change the gate to another one, or experiment with gate bridges and doors -like those on normal bfme1 styled castles-.

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #10 am: 26. Sep 2015, 20:27 »
Ok, I tested the map, and I really liked it^^
I made some improvements to it, and I sent you a link where you can download the improved version, in case you want to improve it more or publicly upload it^^
Here's a changelog of the improvements made:
1. The neutral Guldur fortresses used for building the real fortress have been set to "Unselectable". This allows the player to select his actual buildings and not "decorative" ones
2. The citadel has been scaled up to look more imposing
3. The buildplots and the citadel have been fixed accordingly to the tutorial written by hoho96
4. The top castle has been moved slightly downward. Previously, it was too close to the map boundaries, making its walls bugged or not spawning
5. The terrain under the upper-right outpost has been made more plain. Previously, it caused a buildplot to not spawn
6. The player inside can now see the fortress permanently
7. The player inside starts with 6000 resources and 700 CP
8. Added a minimap and an appropriate picture of the map
9. Improved the map description
10. Zoomed in for a better control and fewer lag
11. The spiders lairs now actually attack anyone close
12. The bats had to be removed, since they gave a huge advantage to the inside player, who was able to conquer settlements and outposts by sending the bats on their location
13. Added the waypoints and the paths necessary for the Mordor reinforcements or the Dwarven Travel Camp
14. Removed the inner outposts for balance issues and replaced with two working Guldur fortresses

Hope you like my improvements, and I hope you'll upload the map publicly ASAP^^
Congrats for your work ;)

Thank you so much, the bats where a complete accident i thought they where going to be a cosmetic thing but well yeah and i wasnt able to delete them so thank you for that, i will upload the map probably tomorrow, might just even use your link since i doubt there will be much else to change.

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #11 am: 26. Sep 2015, 20:28 »
For the first issue (visibility) make a region and name it something (like Dol Guldur fortress) and set a trigger to make this area ALWAYS visible for player 1 -or whoever own the fortress-.

For the second issue (the gate) I think it's related to the type of gate you're using. Try to change the gate to another one, or experiment with gate bridges and doors -like those on normal bfme1 styled castles-.

Thank you for that i will take it into account if i make another map i think DR House ficed most of the issues anyway :)

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #12 am: 26. Sep 2015, 23:50 »
Here is the download link for the Final version for now enjoy: https://www.mediafire.com/?4hishvrk6i9yt76
« Letzte Änderung: 10. Okt 2015, 22:56 von calsash »

Elessar12

• Edain Betatester
  • Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #13 am: 27. Sep 2015, 00:28 »
This map looks really great, but due to my weak pc skills i dont know how to add this map to edain , could you please explain me how to add it to edain ?

Greetings Elessar12

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #14 am: 27. Sep 2015, 01:33 »
You have to place it in your C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\My Lord of the Rings - Rise of the Witch-king files\Maps
If you can't find it, it's because it's hidden. Then, go to the search bar in the start menu and search for %appdata%
It's the first result

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #15 am: 27. Sep 2015, 10:23 »
Looks really awesome!!

I can't try it now, but I wanted to ask : is Mordor faction "adapted" for the map ? I mean, are we able to train only Guldur orcs from the barracks ?

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #16 am: 27. Sep 2015, 10:41 »
Looks really awesome!!

I can't try it now, but I wanted to ask : is Mordor faction "adapted" for the map ? I mean, are we able to train only Guldur orcs from the barracks ?

Right so the map will work with any faction in the fortress but playing as mordor has benefits as it starts off with 2 dol guldur barracks so you can recruit guldur orcs right from the start, the normal mordor barracks however just recruit normal orcs. I hope thats the sort of answer you were looking for.

Finrod_(Felagund)

• Bilbos Festgast
  • King Theoden stands not alone
« Antwort #17 am: 27. Sep 2015, 13:56 »
Looks great can not wait to play

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #18 am: 27. Sep 2015, 16:40 »
Wow, this map is plain awesome! I never knew a detailed map can be made with so many copies of one building (Dol Guldur barracks). Congratulations, this is one of my favorite maps now  :)

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

Elessar12

• Edain Betatester
  • Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #19 am: 28. Sep 2015, 07:22 »
You have to place it in your C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Roaming\My Lord of the Rings - Rise of the Witch-king files\Maps
If you can't find it, it's because it's hidden. Then, go to the search bar in the start menu and search for %appdata%
It's the first result
Thank you

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #20 am: 28. Sep 2015, 18:52 »
Wow, this map is plain awesome! I never knew a detailed map can be made with so many copies of one building (Dol Guldur barracks). Congratulations, this is one of my favorite maps now  :)

Thank you for the kind words mate :)

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #21 am: 29. Sep 2015, 21:08 »