29. Mär 2024, 01:42 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Alternate Palantirs for Lord Dain of the Iron Hills! :)  (Gelesen 15721 mal)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
So hello to all,nice to meet you here  [uglybunti]

So I decided to make some Lord Dain Palantirs and even Button Changes to fit more his Movie feeling and use them for myself since I belived they will not fit into Edain Team style and taste! :) Nothing wrong with that,just stating that they ahve their own preferences! :)

Now here you will see few of the variations I made for Dain's Palantir and even Cahnged the "Baruk Khazad" Ability Icon to have more Movie Feeling and differ from his Palantir! :)
Here are few Citadel Button Icons for Lord Dain,that I made! :)

Noe few Palantir Images for Dain with the New "Baruk Khazad!" Icon! :)

And finally a little Cosmetic Change in Kind Dain II,I changed his Leadership Bonus Ability Icon too,note again that it is simply my taste not that Edain ones are bad! :)

Those al lwee different types and color variations,currently I am making one with the more Perchament Look similar those of Edain Mod! :)

Here is the last Palantir I mad for Dain along with New Icons for "Baruk Khazad!" and "Mount/Dissmoun"next is "Vendetta" :) Hope you like it! ;)

I hope you enjoy it and tell me you opinion about them,I hope you like them! :)

Greetings!
« Letzte Änderung: 13. Okt 2015, 11:10 von LordDainIronfoot »
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
Re: Alternate Palantirs for Lord Dain of the Iron Hills! :)
« Antwort #1 am: 9. Okt 2015, 17:04 »
I must say I really like them Dain, I actually even like them more than the ones in the mod  :). I like most the first palantir and icon, and also the new Leadership icon is awesome too - it's great that it shows the Raven Crown now!

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #2 am: 9. Okt 2015, 17:14 »
I am most happy to see that you like them! :) It really brings joy to my heart,I really made them with a lot of passion! :)
So thanks for apriciating my efforts! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #3 am: 9. Okt 2015, 17:25 »
It's always nice to see ingame improvements made by the mod's fans. I wish I could do such things but I'm still learning at texturing :).
By the way, do you think you can send me the files of the palantir images and icons - I'd really like to have them in the game?  :) (my email is baycity2000@gmail.com)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #4 am: 9. Okt 2015, 17:41 »
It is really nothing special!You can learn it if you want but as texturing and all it takes time so not to worry mate! :)
Of course I can send you them just PM so that we do not spam here which ones you exactly want and I will send them to you but currently I am not at home on my PC so it will take a little time till I get there and send them to you! :)

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #5 am: 9. Okt 2015, 21:28 »
I like the third version of both the menu icon and the palantir icon^^
(though maybe the menu icon is a bit too blurred, and may be made more sharpen)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #6 am: 9. Okt 2015, 21:35 »
Thank you fro the feedback! :) I am glad you like them and I will try to sharpen the image a little bit! :)
Greetings! :)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #7 am: 9. Okt 2015, 21:54 »
Good job mate! You've never said you were moding the mod  xD damn good job.
My 2 cents:
I kinda like the third button picture. However, all the 3 are horribly blurred. Maybe try to find a clearer, higher res image?

The second palantir pic is, well, just bad. It can't be described by anything other than bad [ugly] sorry for that.
The other two are much better. I personally would prefer the third one. Artistically it's much better cause the proportion of "character" to "empty space" is higher.

King Dain picture is just pure EPIC  xD

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #8 am: 12. Okt 2015, 10:02 »
Thanks hoho96 I am glad to hear you like them! :) Once I get home I will be sure to continue my work and imporve them! :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #9 am: 12. Okt 2015, 10:17 »
I like the third version of both the menu icon and the palantir icon^^
(though maybe the menu icon is a bit too blurred, and may be made more sharpen)

I agree, the third options are definitely better, in my opinion, as we get to see the 'wild' aspect of Dáin that is naturally not shown completely by its actual graphical concept  :)
It would be a nice way to show, at least graphically, this significant trait of the Iron Hills' Lord.

Great work, Dáin  ;)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #10 am: 12. Okt 2015, 10:23 »
Thanks Walkure my friend! :) 
I personaly always like much more his look in the Movie withou his cool Helmet cuz it showed Dain's Face in better way and we could see his battle Scars and Dwarven Tattoos and plus he looked more feirce and noble at least in my eyes and even made a Suggestions about a way for us to get both Dain with Helmet and Without Helmet in Game but it is all in the Teams hand and especially in our Dwarvesn Wizard Modeler Adamin I think Ea said so :D

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #11 am: 12. Okt 2015, 11:10 »
Thanks Walkure my friend! :) 
I personaly always like much more his look in the Movie withou his cool Helmet cuz it showed Dain's Face in better way and we could see his battle Scars and Dwarven Tattoos and plus he looked more feirce and noble at least in my eyes and even made a Suggestions about a way for us to get both Dain with Helmet and Without Helmet in Game but it is all in the Teams hand and especially in our Dwarvesn Wizard Modeler Adamin I think Ea said so :D

And, in the Depths of my deepest and darkest dreams, Adamin should immediately create a Seaweed Galadriel concept  [ugly]
But, Dáin is obviously another completely different matter  :D

Also, what do you think about the vanilla Palantír pictures of Dáin's third and fourth powers?
I'm not particularly fond of them.
Maybe, just a very quick thought, for the fourth one (where we see Dwarven troops ready for battle) the picture of the famous/infamous BOTFA Iron Hills soldiers could be implemented (Dáin's Host/Phalanx); the only way these units could be brought to be part of the Edain Mod.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #12 am: 12. Okt 2015, 12:22 »
To be honest my friend I especially do not like the Palantir Button for Dain's Vendetta Ability for two reasons ,that it is the same as one of Murin Abilities and second we can have better one.based on his Movie Model and to tell you a secret I am already working on different one ! ;)
As for his Summon Ability I think too but the Movie one will not fit simply cuz the Soldiers are too different from the ones he summons !

P.S. I too would like to see a Seaweed Galadriel form in the Edain Mod! :-)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: 12. Okt 2015, 15:49 »
While I was reading previous comment I thought this also. Also 100% same. xD
Agree about third palantir button, Vendetta ability really deserves some new button.
Summon ability button can stay, mainly because currently in game Lord Dain summons soldiers from all 3 kingdoms. In my opinion this summon palantir button is not perfect in look, but it fits current summon.

P.S. Some new sound effect will be prepared&suggested for those abilities by me. :P xD

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: 12. Okt 2015, 21:48 »
So I should maybe post this on sound topic, but it is related to sound effect of Lord Dain Ironfoot's abilities. Also this was idea from start, Dain should made new palanir and buttons and I should provide some sounds for those epic abilities. Dain has made good proposal with those new  hero palantir, and ability buttons. I really like very much new Baruk Khazad button, and I hope Dain will also made other buttons good as this one. :)

King Dain's new button for passive is also very nice. :)

So I have tried to process some of Dain's sentences from movie,in order to get some sound effect which will be nice for those two abilities. I have processed sentence "Tanar Durin nur" and got pretty good results, and I recommend this sound effect for ability "Forces of Dwarven Kingdoms" (Also this sentence should be then removed from standard sound pack of this hero, it is used in stardard gameplay like attacking sound effect.). And for "Vendetta" ability I have tried to process sound or famous sentence :"To Battle, to Battle, Sons of Durin!". This was sound file of very bad quality, too strong background effects, but I have tried, and I think it could be used in game. Those new sound effect with new graphic improvements of palantir, ability buttons, will complete experience when we play with this charismatic dwarf. :)

Sound files: http://www.megafileupload.com/5jah/Dain_ability_sound_effects.rar
P.S. Baruk Khazad sound effect will be available after release of  Hobbit: Bofa EE movie. :)

P.S for Walk: Dain has done sound cutting... xD :P

Regards
« Letzte Änderung: 14. Okt 2015, 23:27 von CragLord »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #15 am: 12. Okt 2015, 23:14 »

I know, but, given that Dáin's concept is primarily based on BOTFA, it would have been, in my opinion, a nice picture, to show a very powerful Dwarven Host, that we only had the opportunity to behold in the Hobbit trilogy, for natural and obvious plot reasons  :P
Also, it's definitely difficult finding an alternative suitable picture that includes Dwarven Soldiers from different realms.
If it depended on me, I would choose anything but the vanilla pictures  :D

Nevertheless, I will trust you, Dáin and Crag, as you definitely know more than me about Dwarven Matters  ;)

Sound files: http://www.megafileupload.com/5jah/Dain_ability_sound_effects.rar

P.S for Walk: Dain has done sound cutting... xD :P

Really valuable tracks, Dáin and Crag  8-)
« Letzte Änderung: 14. Okt 2015, 23:36 von DieWalküre »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #16 am: 13. Okt 2015, 11:12 »
I will try my best for the Summon too Walkure ,I agree with you! :) IT is just hard to find suitable picture for that! :)

I have updated my first post and I hope you guys will like it! :) But I am still having trouble with the Citadel Button and Select Button I simply can't make clear enough Image! :(

Greetings!: )

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #17 am: 14. Okt 2015, 15:56 »
Dain, I think with new EE edition of movie, you will have new material for those palantir buttons.  ;)
Maybe even for main palantir look. :P  xD

And more important to me, new sound packs will come for sure!  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 14. Okt 2015, 16:16 von CragLord »

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
  • Und das Alles ohne einen einzigen Tropfen Rum!
« Antwort #18 am: 15. Okt 2015, 16:28 »
And, in the Depths of my deepest and darkest dreams, Adamin should immediately create a Seaweed Galadriel concept  [ugly]

« Letzte Änderung: 19. Okt 2015, 11:07 von Ealendril »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #19 am: 17. Okt 2015, 23:03 »

Adamin, don't let this little and fragile Flame of Hope of mine be extinguished by Darkness  :P

This is what my Compass that doesn't point North would point, if I had one...  :D

« Letzte Änderung: 18. Okt 2015, 00:34 von DieWalküre »

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #20 am: 19. Okt 2015, 09:22 »
i loved this i think it should be a palantir picture when he is off the boar and he should not have his helmet when he s off boar
« Letzte Änderung: 19. Okt 2015, 11:06 von Ealendril »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #21 am: 24. Okt 2015, 17:05 »
This will be my last post here on MU since I will be leaving Edain Mod for personal reasons after some things happened! :)

This will be my last thing as a gift to LOTR and Hobbit as well as Edain fans! :) And to those who like the Hobbit Movies! :) I hope to be remembred with good,at least by some people here! :) I wish you all good luck and success in life and enjoy the Great Mod called Edain ! :) Best Regards to the Team and wish them only great things in the Future! :)

I have made a Custom King Dain II Palantir based on the WETA and PJ Concepts for The Battle of Dale in The War of The Ring where Dain dies! :) Note that I have changed the "Deffend the Halls " Ability Icon too,hope you all enjoy it and like it! :)

If anyone wants to ask me something or have a talk,they can PM me on ModDB or Revora(there I am known as King Dain ) ! :)

It was fun beign with you all and have all those great discussions! :)

This is my Last Goodbye to you all!Enjoy your lifes to the fullest! :)

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
  • "The tower guard shall take up the call!"
« Antwort #22 am: 28. Okt 2015, 10:14 »
Hi all, just wondering in case you didnt know in the extended edition of the film there is a part where dain says Baruk Khazad so that could be used for his power.

you can see it in this clip at around 3mins 33seconds : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpsFWBzDHkk
"I would have followed you my brother my captain my king"

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #23 am: 28. Okt 2015, 10:54 »
awesome idea

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #24 am: 28. Okt 2015, 10:57 »

Thank you very much! :) I am aware of that Momemt from the EE and there is later a Scene where he fights with Thranduil and says "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!" which is awsome too! :)

But I know about that "Baruk Khazad!" Order he gave to the Iron Ballistas and I have it already cutted and will suggest it to the Team the rest is in their hands! :)

But still thank you for the effort and attention! :)

calsash

• Heiler von Imladris
  • "The tower guard shall take up the call!"
« Antwort #25 am: 28. Okt 2015, 21:13 »

Thank you very much! :) I am aware of that Momemt from the EE and there is later a Scene where he fights with Thranduil and says "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!" which is awsome too! :)

But I know about that "Baruk Khazad!" Order he gave to the Iron Ballistas and I have it already cutted and will suggest it to the Team the rest is in their hands! :)

But still thank you for the effort and attention! :)
No probelm mate, best of luck :)
"I would have followed you my brother my captain my king"

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #26 am: 1. Nov 2015, 18:37 »
Here is the latest Palantir I made!But when I get Blue Ray I wil lre-make it with better quality Pictures! :) And I am planing to do King Thorin Palantir too then! :)

It is more of a full scale picture with Dain standing proudly! :)
Hope you like it! :)

Greetings and best regards to all Companions of Edain! :)

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #27 am: 2. Nov 2015, 07:07 »
Your new palantir looks great; and I must say that in the movies Dain always stands proudly  :).
And I'm sure your palantir of King Thorin will be awesome  ;).

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #28 am: 2. Nov 2015, 15:52 »
Looks really nice Dain! :)
Agree about proudly standing.
P.S. I also wait for that Blue Ray with excitement. ;)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #29 am: 2. Nov 2015, 16:52 »
Oho nice to see you here again! :-) I am so happy to see you around here!
Welcome back mate! :-)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #30 am: 2. Nov 2015, 18:56 »
Just managed to find some free time and visit MU. :)
Thanks Dain, you are really supportive. ;) :)

magickoala

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Elbischer Pilger
  • "Nothing is true, but... Santa is."
« Antwort #31 am: 12. Nov 2015, 23:43 »
Hey there! :)

The new sound sets are awsome. If it helps, theres a link for Baruk Khazad / Khazad Ai Menu sounds. Theres a little noise on it, but it sounds OK :)

https://goo.gl/2hDXir
https://goo.gl/XLVCeT

Nice work!

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #32 am: 13. Nov 2015, 00:45 »
I will try to process them tomorrow, and I will post them again.
Thank you, they will be nice. :)

P.S. Also if you get some more sound proposals post them in this general sound topic: Link. Simply let make life easier to our moderators. :)
P.S.2 I really like your new map. :)

Regards mate,
CragLord

magickoala

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Elbischer Pilger
  • "Nothing is true, but... Santa is."
« Antwort #33 am: 13. Nov 2015, 02:02 »
Hehe, good to hear :D Sure, if i get something cool ill take it to the post, thanks^^

Happy you liked it! Ill try to bring something new this week !!