28. Mär 2024, 18:47 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: No English Audio  (Gelesen 3728 mal)

YoloSwaggins

• Bilbos Festgast
No English Audio
« am: 16. Okt 2015, 10:39 »
Sup,

I have a probem with unit sound. They jsut stay silent, heroes voices are perfectly fine. Sometimes i hear units speak in german, but very rarily. Some units, like Rohan archers speak english, but most of the in-game units stay silent. Can it be fixed?

« Letzte Änderung: 16. Okt 2015, 15:14 von YoloSwaggins »

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
Re: No English Audio
« Antwort #1 am: 16. Okt 2015, 14:26 »
Is your main game installed in either english or german? Also try switching the languages in the launcher to german once and then back to english.

YoloSwaggins

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #2 am: 16. Okt 2015, 14:53 »
My main is in english, i turned german on, still silent. Turned back to english, silent again

YoloSwaggins

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #3 am: 18. Okt 2015, 12:03 »
I don't want to soudn rude, but it's better to reply rather than delete messages. What's the point of navigating them then?

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #4 am: 18. Okt 2015, 12:31 »
Search for updates in the launcher, maybe a file is damaged. The launcher will see this and download the file again.
Also: could you name which unit exactly doesn't have sound so that we can check if its just a problem with this specific unit or if the problem is on your side.

YoloSwaggins

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #5 am: 18. Okt 2015, 12:55 »
all of them, except for Rohan archers. I tried running the launcher, it didnt help

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #6 am: 18. Okt 2015, 13:28 »
Did the launcher find an update when you searched for one?
Also could you check the file extension of the _____english_ini and _____voice_english in your Rise of the Witchking folder? Both file extension should be .big, not .big.bak. Also check the file sizes.
Also: What do your audio settings look like? Maybe you have simply disabled the specific sounds in the games options. Also disable EAX3 in the audio options, its an old technique that modern audio chips often do not support.

YoloSwaggins

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #7 am: 18. Okt 2015, 14:03 »
Did the launcher find an update when you searched for one?
Also could you check the file extension of the _____english_ini and _____voice_english in your Rise of the Witchking folder? Both file extension should be .big, not .big.bak. Also check the file sizes.
Also: What do your audio settings look like? Maybe you have simply disabled the specific sounds in the games options. Also disable EAX3 in the audio options, its an old technique that modern audio chips often do not support.
They're both .big. The size of english.ini is 175mb and size of voiceenglish is 545. Voices are maxed out, EAX is turned off. And yes, launcher found an update
« Letzte Änderung: 18. Okt 2015, 14:07 von YoloSwaggins »

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #8 am: 18. Okt 2015, 14:24 »
Did you also install the update? :D
I honestly have no other idea. This issue is weird and you are the only one having it, so it needs to be an issue with your computer and not the mod itself. The last thing I would try is simply uninstall the games and the mod, delete the folders, reinstall the games, patch them, install Edain again and update it via the launcher.

Salemadafaka

• Hobbit
« Antwort #9 am: 26. Mär 2017, 14:49 »
I have exactly the same problem, but as I updated (when the Angmar faction became available) all Angmar units and heroes could speak. Other factions, only heroes have voice effects, units have not.

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #10 am: 26. Mär 2017, 15:39 »
Did you install the base game in English (or German)? Else that might be the cause of the problems, because those objects with no voices are those that didn't get a new voice by Edain.