20. Apr 2024, 00:20 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Orocarni  (Gelesen 1905 mal)

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
Orocarni
« am: 18. Okt 2015, 15:40 »
Top of the morning to you laddies! My name is... Oh, wait. That's wrong...

So I've seen quite a number of people wanting to see Orocarni dwarves in Edain, and I think I've got a solution for that!

Edain brought to us the beautiful Ered Mithrin outpost available for the Iron Hills. I thought it could be renamed to Gathering point, because the player would have an option to choose between Mithrin outpost or Orocarni outpost. Each subfaction would excel in something different than the other one, and have different weaknesses. In my opinion, yellow would be a good coluor scheme for Orocarni units.

DIFFERENCES:

Strengths - While Mithrin is undoubtedly a military outpost, unable to produce resources, Orocarni should be an opposite; a resource source for dwarves! What kind of resource source? Well, since you've asked... Quite uncommon for dwarves. We know about dwarven customs in the more "known" parts of Arda, but not too much about those that live further away. So, in contrast to known dwarves, Orocarni ones could grow their food by themselves, not buying it from men or elves. Because of that, it's logical that it has the greater amount of population, so battalions from Orocarni could be bigger than normal dwarven battalions.

Weaknesses - Just because it doesn't focus on military that much as Mithrin, it means it's units are less armoured, so there is a balance; Mithrin - quality, Orocarni - quantity. Also it is logical that it's harder to defend it since it's mainly a resource building.

Upgrades - In contrast to Mithrin which has either military or defensive upgrades, Orocarni should have an opposite:

-Additional farm: raises the resource production speed by 50%

-Banners: Grants dwarven units AND heroes with 60% armor (since Orocarni needs it more than damage) in medium radius. Additionally slightly heals ONLY heroes.  The armour bonus will stay 45 seconds after they left the effect radius.

-Defenders of the borders (same)

-Mighty crossbow: Arms the building with a huge crossbow, which, in contrast to a catapult is much faster, but it has no area damage.

Units -

Dwarven militia (melee)
Weaker than Mithrin zealots, but they come in a bigger number. They have random weapons varying between swords, axes and hammers.
Ability - Songs of the old: they gain 50% speed and are slightly healed for one minute.

Hunters (ranged)
They have no physical armour and are slow even for dwarves, but deal a lot of damage with their bows and have a great attack speed and range.
Ability - Poison arrows: they shoot poisoned arrows for 15 seconds and damaged enemies loose 50% armour and speed.

Chief Engineer (Single unit), one available at time
Cannot fight, he works similarly to Erestor; he is sent into a selected building and while he is inside, the units or upgrades are 20% cheaper.
You can choose the trait for him to fallow, each costs about 200 resources and doubles his effect in certain building depending on which trait you choose.
-Mining engineer: he can be sent into mines or stone mansions.
-Smithing Engineer: he can be sent into forge.
-Architecting engineer: he can be sent into forge works.

LOOKS:

First and foremost; the building you build on Iron Hills outpost before you choose your subfaction would be the same , only when you choose Mithrin you get dragon bones. But when you choose Orocarni, colourful flags (mostly yellow) and lamps appear all over the building, to indicate how peaceful it is.

So this would be my interpretation of Orocarni, which a lot of people including me would like to see in Edain some way.

« Letzte Änderung: 18. Okt 2015, 15:52 von WarOfTheRingVeteran »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Orocarni
« Antwort #1 am: 18. Okt 2015, 16:08 »
There already is a quite long, rich and progressive discussion about the Iron Hills Outpost in general, with very useful and detailed focused arguments and aspects.

To avoid a possible useless and counterproductive dispersion of ideas and discussions, I lock this topic, and I sincerely suggest WarOfTheRingVeteran post his proposals on the already-existing thread about these matters, as I'm sure that they will be very precious and valuable elements to make that discussion continue  :)

http://en.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,31385.msg401452.html#msg401452

--- Locked ---