23. Apr 2024, 08:13 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Dwarven heroes from The Hobbit  (Gelesen 1945 mal)

Glemli

• Bilbos Festgast
Dwarven heroes from The Hobbit
« am: 19. Okt 2015, 13:13 »
Hi all,

I have a suggestion for the heroes of the Dwarven faction. At this moment, I think it's quite sad that some dwarves of Thorin's Company are quite absent in the Edain mod. This is why I would like to make the following suggestion.

I do not know where Drar and his brother are based upon (Dwarves from The Silmarillion?) and that is why I think they could be replaced with Bofur, Bifur and Bombur. Both in the books as in the films it is not quite clear where these three come from. Thus they might as well be originating from the Iron Hills. The same goes for Dori, Ori and Nori. Either of these two trios can thus - in my opinion - be heroes in the Iron Hills faction. However, it is known that most of these Dwarves stayed in Erebor after the story of The Hobbit took place, they could therefore also be placed in Erebor.

Furthermore, I would also love it if Oin played a more prominent role in the Edain mod. Since Gloin is also prominent in the Erebor faction and Oin has travelled with Balin and Ori to Moria, I would not place Oin as a hero in the Erebor faction, he is already dead then. Other DwarveBecause of these reasons, I would like to suggest the following distribution of the Dwarven heroes of Thorin's Company and others.

- EREBOR: Gimli, Gloin, King Dain, Dwalin, Bifur, Bofur
--Reasons: First three are obvious, other ones are members of Thorin's Company who were still alive during the War of the Ring.

- ERED LUIN: Thorin (and Fili and Kili), Balin, Ori, Oin
--Reasons: All of these heroes are known to be dead when the War of the Ring took place. The last three all travelled to Moria, this is why I placed them together.

- IRON HILLS: Dain Ironfoot, Bombur, Dori, Nori (and perhaps Murin, Drar and/or Thorin III.)
--Reasons: Dain Ironfoot is obvious. Dori and Nori because of the reasons I already mentioned. Bombur because he was too fat by the time of the War of the Ring to even move himself, so he wouldn't be able to fight in the Erebor faction.

If there are people who agree with me, I would love to discuss skills.

Finally, a last suggestion I would like to make about the armour and weapons of the Dwarves. Since the Veterans of Khazad Dum can give heroes mithril armour, would it be possible to change the armour and weapons of the Dwarves completely? If so, it could be changed to the regal armour they wore when defending Erebor against the Elves in TBOFTA. Images of these armours can be found everywhere, e.g.: http://yungarnet.tumblr.com/post/103819490511/ohmaglor-concept-art-for-the-battle-of-the-five

Thank you for reading!

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
Re: Dwarven heroes from The Hobbit
« Antwort #1 am: 19. Okt 2015, 13:35 »
I don't really like this idea. Both Erebor and Iron Hills would finish with way too many heroes. Also: Why? Isn't the nice thing about the dwarwish sub-factions that you actually have different heroes? So why including the same set of heroes numerous times in different ways in the same faction, as basically your proposal is to include Thorin's company in every single sub-faction.
Apart from that: After the journey of Thorin and others, apart from the Moria mission these dwarves did absolutely nothing of interest. They aren't the "super-dwarves of middle-earth": All they did in the long run, was to follow Thorin in his quest, after that they settled down and lived their lives, apart from the obvious Moria mission. xD
Concerning the design: I'm sorry, but this idea has been brought up so many times, I do not even dare to count them. ;) Generally speaking, if the team really doesn't like its designs, they will change them. Constantly posting designs of dwarvish armour and all the ideas Weta had at some time as armour for Thorin's company will less than likely increase the chance of actually seeing it.

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Re: Dwarven heroes from The Hobbit
« Antwort #2 am: 19. Okt 2015, 13:38 »
I will say only this mate and hope you will not be offended or misunderstood me!
Nonr of Thorin Company have ever lived in Iron Hills or had any connection with it with the Exception that they fought alongside Iron Hills Dwarves in BotFA it is just not lore true in any way nor have some basis to be used !!

Murin and Drar are non canon GameWorkshop Heroea which were used due to the lack of Canon Heroes for Iron Hills and it is much better in my eyes ,plus you cant expect someone from Thorin's Company to take the place of Thorin III the Son a d Heir to the Lord if the Iron Hills! :-)

And I think Edain Team already used all of Thorin's Company Dwarves in some way or another and they are all playable even for limited time according to their importance and role on Both Movies and Books! :-)

Greetings and I hope you will not be offended! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."