19. Mär 2024, 06:55 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: What are you playing right now?  (Gelesen 18045 mal)

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
What are you playing right now?
« am: 21. Okt 2015, 21:23 »
So, what other games is the Edain community playing? xD

Personally, I'm just downloading the final episode of Life is Strange. That game took me completely by surprise. I expected a nice and relaxing episodic game and got one of the best and most suspenseful stories I've played in a long time. I'm on the edge of my seat right now that I finally get to see how it ends. What games do you have running at the moment?
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
Re: What are you playing right now?
« Antwort #1 am: 21. Okt 2015, 21:41 »
Exactly right now, like at this exact moment  [ugly] I'm playing some Team Battles in World of Tanks with my clan (wot-uni).
The unique thing about such multiplayer games is the enjoyment of playing and talking live with a huge community (using TeamSpeak), where all sort of idiotic derpy thing could happen  xD

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #2 am: 25. Okt 2015, 22:36 »
I'm playing some Skyrim with mods (really the mods make it a whole new game), but also some Atilla and Rome 2 total war. I love historical games a lot ;).

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #3 am: 25. Okt 2015, 22:45 »
speaking of Total War, I've almost finished my ERE campaign, and so I wanted to mix it up a little and went back to the awesomeness that is Empire: Total War^^
Started a Prussian campaign, unified Germany (Austria is make me some problems), arming up for my Blitzkrieg through France, and currently in the process of a rebellion for democracy^^
Man this game is so much fun  xD

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #4 am: 25. Okt 2015, 23:52 »
You actually managed to finish a campaign on Attila? Now YOU are good, that game is fricking difficult to play [uglybunti]!

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #5 am: 26. Okt 2015, 22:11 »
Age of Empires 3 just finished playing with some friends and dc universe

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #6 am: 31. Okt 2015, 03:13 »
Actually I'm playing The Witcher 3 and Dragon Age - Inquisition. But I'm stuck with lack of desire to actually play at anything. So, it'll take propably some time to finish both (as I'm kind of player who have to get all collectibles in game, or don't play at all. :P

Shagrat

• Reisender nach Valinor
  • We are the... äh... THE KLATCHIAN FOREIGN LEGION
« Antwort #7 am: 2. Nov 2015, 23:56 »
speaking of Total War, I've almost finished my ERE campaign, and so I wanted to mix it up a little and went back to the awesomeness that is Empire: Total War^^
Started a Prussian campaign, unified Germany (Austria is make me some problems), arming up for my Blitzkrieg through France, and currently in the process of a rebellion for democracy^^
Man this game is so much fun  xD
ah i remember my prussia empire campaign... put down any rebellions... blitzkrieg france, southern german states and russia...

It was at the Survivor Series that the dark path of the Undertaker was born. It seems like an eternity ago that the demons of hell passed judgement on the mortal world and unleashed a creature of the night so powerful that the mention of it's very name sends shivers down to the spines of who oppose him
You look into the eyes of the Reaper and you'll see that your fate is sealed!

Sollten Banner und Avatar nicht Synchron sein, einfach mal mit Strg + F5 aktualisiern

Leiter des HdR-Matchup-Threads

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #8 am: 3. Nov 2015, 04:55 »
Playing some Warcraft 2 ROC and some Besiege, I really recommend besiege for people that don't already play it.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #9 am: 8. Nov 2015, 11:56 »
I'm about to be playing the life-absorber that will be Fallout 4, come Tuesday. Besides that, just lots of Third Age Total War, MOS Submod. I've beaten Rohan and Eriador/Arnor, thinking about redoing Rohan since I cheated my first time through xD
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #10 am: 8. Nov 2015, 13:53 »
I'm curious what's your faction? Isengard?

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #11 am: 8. Nov 2015, 21:09 »
I meant that I have played as and beaten the campaigns of Rohan and Arnor, look at my picture man xD

I will NEVER play as Isengard, those filthy scum :-| Its very unlikely that I could ever bring myself to play as any evil faction and kill the free peoples, its not in my blood. The only possibility would be for me to be Evil Men, and instead of playing evil I would rise against Sauron, and try to ally with the forces of good.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #12 am: 8. Nov 2015, 21:17 »
LOL That's why I was kind of shocked  :D
I've played an Isengard campaign once, and then left the mod altogether to start my Eastern Roman Campaign on Attila  xD
And currently doing some hardcore naval warfare against Spain in Empire total war  8-|

Linwe

• Verteidiger Morias
« Antwort #13 am: 8. Nov 2015, 21:30 »
As you speak from isengard... :D

In third age, divide and conquer, i played with isengard and i defeatet rohan, lorien, fangorn and the dwarves of khazad-dûm, right now, im in war with the elves of imladris and the men of the vale of anduin ^^
Fire and Blood!

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #14 am: 8. Nov 2015, 21:32 »
I actually remember making peace with the elves, an alliance with Dail, and just ravaged Rohan and Gondor and the western villages XD

Linwe

• Verteidiger Morias
« Antwort #15 am: 8. Nov 2015, 21:34 »
Gondor and dol amroth are defeatet too^^ frommordor, eredwaith, harad and umbar.

But normally i love to play as the elves
Fire and Blood!

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #16 am: 18. Jun 2016, 08:21 »
Currently having fun torturing my citizens in Cities: Skylines.

VectorMaximus

• RPG Team [en]
  • Pförtner von Bree
  • "This we have sworn, and not lightly"
« Antwort #17 am: 18. Jun 2016, 14:17 »
Dark Souls 2 with Calsash! :D
"But wherefore should Middle-earth remain for ever desolate and dark, whereas the Elves could make it as fair as Eressëa, nay even as Valinor?

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #18 am: 20. Jun 2016, 20:02 »
With my flamboyant new computer, I finally managed to get my hands on Age of Mythology: Extended Edition  8-)

I always loved this serie since 2002/2003, and I don't mind saying that I even regard it superior than the original Age of Empires serie. I think I will open a new thread about it soon.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Onik-BD92Ow

Fingolfin König der Noldor

• Waldläufer Ithiliens
« Antwort #19 am: 20. Jun 2016, 22:43 »
Age of Mythology was/is AWESOME! Campagin was also very good.

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #20 am: 20. Jun 2016, 23:31 »
They recently released an expansion pack about the Chinese Mythology; Tale of the Dragon, but it was kind of a disappointment. However the game itself is so awesome!

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #21 am: 21. Jun 2016, 00:12 »
Age of Mythology was/is AWESOME! Campagin was also very good.

I can only agree with you. The original campaign and the Titans one will always be my favourite ones and forever remain as very precious memories of my childhood. They have pretty much anything you would need to make an amazing campaign: an appropriate and challenging script, recognisable and iconic characters, fluid playability and a necessary length (the main one, in particular). I have honestly never played a better fictional campaign than these ones; BFME1 Campaign was absolutely amazing, but it was obviously fashioned on the LOTR trilogy (thus not entirely fictional).

They recently released an expansion pack about the Chinese Mythology; Tale of the Dragon, but it was kind of a disappointment. However the game itself is so awesome!

I had heard about that, but it never really convinced me enough to try it. Good idea, probably  xD

• Waldläufer Ithiliens
« Antwort #22 am: 21. Jun 2016, 08:08 »
I have honestly never played a better fictional campaign than these ones

Warcraft 3 has best campaign ever. BfME1 had also very good campaign despite its just a copy of Lotr :D.
The AoE2 campaigns are also very great. I really liked the opening of each mission.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #23 am: 21. Jun 2016, 10:03 »
As single player RTS campaigns go, I'm yet to play anything that comes remotely close to Men of War.
It has lots of missions divided into 5 mini campaigns that altogether tell a continuous story of WW2 from 4 different sides. Most missions on Normal are quite long, and requires a ton of micro and attention to every soldier gun car tank and artillery that you command.
The cut scenes intros and outros are all extremely well made showing you an event that would be happening ingame in a cinematic narration.

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #24 am: 21. Jun 2016, 11:36 »
With my flamboyant new computer, I finally managed to get my hands on Age of Mythology: Extended Edition  8-)

I always loved this serie since 2002/2003, and I don't mind saying that I even regard it superior than the original Age of Empires serie. I think I will open a new thread about it soon.
I always loved Age of Mytholgy too, but cant handle the Extended Edition with my PC. For everyone who has problems with the extended edition, i can recommend this modification:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/age-of-mythology-improvement-mod
It improves the graphics with widescreen, fix some bugs and so on.

Currently I am playing Titans Quest - Immortal Throne (If I am having the time for it....). Beside BfmE its my favourite game, always love it.

• Waldläufer Ithiliens
« Antwort #25 am: 21. Jun 2016, 11:44 »
@Ea: TQIT is such a great game. I would really like a TQ II. Story was great, gameplay was great, character development was at that time new but i liked it.

Favorite character was bandit.

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #26 am: 21. Jun 2016, 11:56 »
Favorite character: Templer and Ranger! xD

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #27 am: 21. Jun 2016, 14:04 »
Beside BfmE its my favourite game, always love it.

I never had any doubt about it  xD
Thank you for the suggestion, I will check that modification out.

So, for anyone familiar with Age of Mythology, which is/are your favourite hero/heroes of the campaign and your favourite powers (just like spells in BFME)?

My favourite hero is Reginleif (the Valkyrie with the great shield, in the picture below): chief of the Valkyries of Odin that assists Arkantos in his quest in the North. As a hero, she is also very useful due to her healing abilities. But I also like very much the other good heroes in general, for their unique characteristics.

My favourite power is Hera's Thunderstorm. Just the right tool if you seek for the extermination of your enemy's armies  [ugly]

VectorMaximus

• RPG Team [en]
  • Pförtner von Bree
  • "This we have sworn, and not lightly"
« Antwort #28 am: 21. Jun 2016, 14:20 »
Haven't tried age of mythology, though my friends have recommended it to me in the past. I'm currently playing Europa Universalis 4. The Holy Roman Empire shall be unified... provided France doesn't eat the world.  [uglybunti]
"But wherefore should Middle-earth remain for ever desolate and dark, whereas the Elves could make it as fair as Eressëa, nay even as Valinor?

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #29 am: 21. Jun 2016, 14:39 »
Haven't tried age of mythology, though my friends have recommended it to me in the past.

In this case, I RECOMMEND it to you too  :P

• Waldläufer Ithiliens
« Antwort #30 am: 21. Jun 2016, 15:17 »
Favorite Hero???

SON OF OSIRIS OF COURSE :D

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #31 am: 21. Jun 2016, 15:29 »
While waiting for my new PC and Warhammer : Total War, I'm really enjoying the Beginning of the End Times mod for Medieval II : Kingdoms. Even if I prefer the universe of LotR, Warhammer has some crazy stuff that lacks a bit in Tolkien's world  [uglybunti]

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #32 am: 21. Jun 2016, 20:16 »
I told you it was worth the download Leri  xD
I too am really enjoying beginning of the end times, and I have also been playing a lot of Halo the Master Chief Collection and the Halo Wars 2 beta.

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #33 am: 21. Jun 2016, 23:28 »
I told you it was worth the download Leri  xD
I too am really enjoying beginning of the end times, and I have also been playing a lot of Halo the Master Chief Collection and the Halo Wars 2 beta.

I wanted to PM you to thank you for that but you've been faster than me :p

Canis carcharothias

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #34 am: 22. Jun 2016, 09:55 »
Age of Empires and Civilization!

So, for anyone familiar with Age of Mythology, which is/are your favourite hero/heroes of the campaign and your favourite powers (just like spells in BFME)?

Forget those campaign heroes. Achilles or Perseus are the best! Polyphemus is nice to play too!

For the powers I would choose the atlantean vortex. But a Zeus bolt insta-killing the Nidhogg is something that always make me laugh  [ugly]

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #35 am: 23. Jun 2016, 22:21 »
I happened to be revisiting Warcraft III reign of chaos and frozen throne. The campaigns and story is just too good  (**)
However I've never actually tried any mod for Warcraft at all. So anyone knows of a good visuals-primarily mod?

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #36 am: 23. Jun 2016, 23:05 »
So, what other games is the Edain community playing? xD
Wait... There are other games than Edain Mod?  :P MY PC can't handle much but I play some minecraft and some Warcraft 3 ROC from time to time.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #37 am: 23. Jul 2016, 00:26 »
Recently, I finally decided to go for the Tale of the Dragon for Age of Mythology. I honestly have to say that it was really not something so exceptional, nor did I ever expect it to be so. Nevertheless, it was interesting indeed to discover a completely new culture with its own many different features.

The Chinese culture seems to be a sort of mix between the structured and ordered Greek factions and the intuitive and original Atlantean ones (even though they also lack many other things in uniqueness). Thus, my final remark: if you have 9€ to spend freely, this could be a nice DLC to play with  ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #38 am: 31. Jul 2016, 20:09 »
Actually, I have to retract a bit from my initial position. It wasn't really 100% accurate  :P

My favourite hero of Age of Mythology is the goddess Athena. I immensely like Reginleif, but my real favourite one is exactly the Goddess of Wisdom and War (military strategy). She always helped Arkantos in his own long journey and quest; unveiling to him the dark purposes of Poseidon over the rule of the World. I also like her very much in general, as she is really a complete and fundamental deity in the Greek pantheon and legacy  8-)

She is present in the game both as an available goddess to choose for the classical age, and she is also included as a hero-unit too. A pity, though, that she's not playable neither in normal maps nor in the campaign. The very model doesn't really have particularly important features and can't attack either.

In addition, I'm planning to create a map/campaign about the War of Troy, remaining loyal to the direct sources of the Greek epic poetry (something that I studied and translated a bit from Ancient Greek in high school). That is, I intend to deal with the last period of the war, when the final battles get tougher and when the very Olympians join the battle, taking different sides. So, may I also ask if anyone of you is very much acquainted with the Editor of the game and in creating scenarios; I'm too quite acquainted with it due to a frequent usage in the past (childhood memories), but I still lack knowledge in some fields as well, and I would thus be very pleased if someone can be of help. Not to mention that we could open a new Age of Mythology thread and exchange ideas there more efficiently and interestingly.

In case someone wanted to participate, just let me know  :)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #39 am: 31. Jul 2016, 20:42 »
Hmm the only thing I know is that the in-game editor is not enough to create whole scenarios. This site here offers enough tutorials on how to make scenarios. http://aom.heavengames.com/

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #40 am: 31. Jul 2016, 21:12 »
I already knew that website. But thank you very much for the recommendation anyway  ;)

I think I won't start creating whole scenarios of my own, but rather thematic maps that deal with mythical tales. The Editor itself already provides you with a lot of features to use. Also, I will nonetheless open the new thread, based on the game; and you, dear Fred, won't manage to escape from the duty of participating there  :D

Long live Age of Mythology  8-)

• Waldläufer Ithiliens
« Antwort #41 am: 10. Sep 2016, 12:51 »
Mae govannen.

Since a week I play Titan Quest IT Anniversary. At the moment we are two from the forum playing together sometimes. Someone else wants to join?

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #42 am: 4. Nov 2017, 09:14 »
Anyone into paradox grand strategies?
I've been a huge fan of Stellaris and Hearts of Iron IV since last summer.
The modding possibilities are especially fantastic xD