29. Mär 2024, 06:58 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: My Rohan suggestions #2 balance-related  (Gelesen 2511 mal)

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
My Rohan suggestions #2 balance-related
« am: 22. Okt 2015, 02:44 »
Good night peeps,

I had a few suggestions for Rohan concerning overall late-game performance. I would love to discuss subtle changes apart from the Royal Guard to make Rohan's late-game less one-dimensional and less frustrating in certain matchups. I divided my suggestions into two sections based on personal concern: Primary suggestions & secondary suggestions.

Without further ado, let's start with the primary suggestions:

Moving on to the secondary suggestions:

If I have anything else, I will add them to the main post. I hope you will take the time to read the suggestions and comment on how you would like to add or improve on something.

Kind regards.

« Letzte Änderung: 22. Okt 2015, 14:59 von Odysseus »
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
Re: My Rohan suggestions #2 balance-related
« Antwort #1 am: 22. Okt 2015, 09:14 »
Rather than doing this, it would make more sense in my view to just make the Rohirrim summoned from the camp stronger than other Rohirrim. This would add some incentive to get the muster camp instead of ents, and would also represent that these cavalry are supposed to be Théoden's best men.

Zitat
Makes perfect sense to me, especially surprised that nobody(including myself) has thought of this until now. I guess fresh eyes really do help.

Zitat
3. Can Hama's summon of the Royal Archers be elongated?
I find it lasts quite a short while and getting Hama to level 10 is no easy feat. I think it would be justified if the summon timer was prolonged. Another option might be to simply make the summon permanent and limit the unit to 1 on the field. However, I think the first option would be better suited for now.
In terms of having it be a perma-summon, that has already been discussed and(I think) decided against. I would still love to see it be a permanent summon though.

Zitat
The summon faction for good is pretty clearly Gondor :P
Good idea though, I would recommend having Gamling summon peasants while he's on foot and Cavalry while he's mounted.

Zitat
100% agree, pretty sure I've brought this up in the past as well. Their bow switch is very weak as compared to the trainable Rohirrim Archers, they should get both fire arrows and the ability to pierce heavy armor to have them stack up with the trainable ones.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #2 am: 22. Okt 2015, 14:54 »
Dear Kryptik,

Thank you for your feedback! Diewalküre asked me to move this topic to my previous one. Since I have no idea how moderating works, I would like it if you could take your answers and bring them along to the old thread. Could you do that for me? It would be a shame to see them lost.

Kind regards.

“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 22. Okt 2015, 17:02 »
Yes, I asked Odysseus to gather all his personal suggestions concerning Rohan and convey them in his previous thread dealing with the same matter (even if it wasn't balance-related), to avoid an unnecessary and counterproductive dispersion of useful and conceptual ideas.
All the suggestions of Odysseus, and the relative thoughts of the others, will thus be collected in only one progressive and complete thread, where every balance-related or not proposal can be discussed and taken into consideration.

http://en.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,31838.msg412539.html#msg412539

I won't delete anything, for now, as this could be a possible indication and answer for other users who might find themselves in the same doubt/situation of creating multiple threads for a similar topic.
If Odysseus or someone else wants this thread deleted, after having moved all the posts here in the previous thread, or for another reason, just PM me or other Moderators, and we will take into consideration your request.

Greetings  :)

--- Locked ---