23. Apr 2024, 10:58 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The Road to Edain 4.0: Your feedback  (Gelesen 72072 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: The Road to Edain 4.0: Your feedback
« Antwort #120 am: 24. Feb 2017, 23:33 »
I feel I can relate to Odysseus, in the sense that I'm adapting to the new spellbook structure more and more as time passes, along with considering each significant aspect with a more insightful mindset.

Apart from internal testing, it's absolutely wonderful to notice how further steps towards uniqueness/differentiation are being constantly made. Specifically, other Mods may excel in certain aspects, but I believe that the Edain Mod is the only one which can boast the extraordinary quality of following in the footsteps of the BFME series, of offering innovative mechanics and extremely smart systems (in a radically new spirit), of creating a very multicoloured universe and of feeding from all the canonical sources equally (from LOTR and the Hobbit films at the same time). It's indeed this coherent harmony and solid architecture what I haven't found yet in other projects. May things continue along this successful path.

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #121 am: 5. Mär 2017, 17:46 »
I like new effect of Sauron Eye spell .
Nice to see Edain Team changed Endless Hordes spell with Banners of the Black Land to avert bugs , but i have question :
Does Mordor, Minas Morgul and Dol Guldur Orc Warriors will no longer get Banner upgrade ?

I like this new Summon Overseers spell making this unit more unique , but I have questions : Will AI use this spell too and does this mean overseers no longer will be recruitable and also how Extension of Power tasks to make Sauron level up will be affected by this change or maybe it remain unchanged ?

Overall good work ET like always :)

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #123 am: 1. Apr 2017, 11:41 »
Damn, really hyped for the rework!  Love the new Dain.  (**)
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #124 am: 1. Apr 2017, 12:04 »
The new Dain is so awesome, the best thing that has ever been done in BFMEII! I hope to finally see Déagol in the Hobbit Faction, that's the Hero I want the most, but he is tied with Odo Proudfoot.

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #125 am: 1. Apr 2017, 12:29 »
Is the Dain rework an April Fools? If so, that is evil. Otherwise, I really like the new Dain, which makes me think how is Old Dain reworked?
My only suggestion would be to rename Diplomacy of the Strongest to Vendetta, as the current name is too long, and for me Vendetta is iconic. 
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana, a favorite person of mine

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #126 am: 2. Apr 2017, 00:22 »
As most of you have already guessed, this update was our April Fools. Thank you all for participating, and we hope you had fun.

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #127 am: 2. Apr 2017, 00:44 »
As most of you have already guessed, this update was our April Fools. Thank you all for participating, and we hope you had fun.
You guys are evil to make something people want, reworking of Dain, into an April Fools Joke. I did not have fun.
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #128 am: 2. Apr 2017, 02:12 »
Zitat
You guys are evil to make something people want, reworking of Dain, into an April Fools Joke. I did not have fun.
Ooh boy, we have a special snowflake here 8-|. I also would like to see Dain of Iron Hills return to his old self again in the future, but I saw the date and snorted. Take it easy mate.
I hope all is well for the rest :).
We evil masterminds at Edain will continue scheming for world domination *laughs in evil*.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #129 am: 2. Apr 2017, 03:19 »
*laughs in evil*.

Hey! That's my job  :D
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Dain@

• Pförtner von Bree
  • baruk khazad khazad? ai-menu. For the King ! ! !
« Antwort #130 am: 2. Apr 2017, 08:24 »
Hello ! (Sorry for my English)
Great joke  :D! And at the same time very sad. A great joke is because you with such a creative have raised this news! Original :) and insidious :(!
But still I will ask: Will Dain (both) be redone in the future  xD???
And in general in the near future will there be new news ???
I will be very grateful for your reply. xD xD xD

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #131 am: 2. Apr 2017, 12:22 »
We will likely do a few more hero reworks in 4.5, but I can't promise anything yet.
The next news, we have prepared get delayed due to some development issues. So there will be news again.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #132 am: 2. Apr 2017, 14:12 »

There wouldn't be much point in coming up with an ineffective April Fool. I guess it's consequential that something ought to have some sort of impact on people. By the way, as FG's words might infer, it's not impossible that they do opt for overhauls concerning heroes, someday in the future. Something I'm really looking forward to.

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #133 am: 2. Apr 2017, 14:55 »

There wouldn't be much point in coming up with an ineffective April Fool. I guess it's consequential that something ought to have some sort of impact on people. By the way, as FG's words might infer, it's not impossible that they do opt for overhauls concerning heroes, someday in the future. Something I'm really looking forward to.
You are right in that an April Fools joke needs to be effective, but I would argue this one felt like a joke at the community's expense. As someone who has both promoted the need for change among the Dains and seen widespread support for that change this feels like the Edain Team acknowledged the desire for that change but rather than act on it decided to make it into a joke concept which leaves a sour taste in my mouth. To put it into perspective imagine if they made your Galadrial Concept into an April Fools Joke. In any case judging from a quick glace at Mod DB, most people liked the joke concept more then the current Dain.

I do really like Charge of the Iron Hills however, and I think that would be a wonderful ability to have on Young Dain, and would allow the Barracks to be given to Old Dain thus eliminating the lackluster troop summoning ability. 

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #134 am: 2. Apr 2017, 16:37 »
You are right in that an April Fools joke needs to be effective, but I would argue this one felt like a joke at the community's expense.

It's certainly noble that you hold your ideas and propositions in high consideration, but, coming from someone who is quite acquainted with the most diverse typology of concepts, I would advise you not take too much seriously something that shouldn't deserve such attention. The 1st of April is like carnival: an exceptional parenthesis, in which the customary rules of reason or logic don't apply with reality for a day. One should thus view that as what it truly represents; that is, a pure and simple joke.

Also, if they were to make my proposal into an April Fool, I would be much honoured, for it would mean that the suggestion at least succeeded in sparking some kind of interest, somewhere throughout the dark pits of this forum  :D
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Apr 2017, 18:56 von DieWalküre »