17. Apr 2024, 00:20 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The Road to Edain 4.0: Your feedback  (Gelesen 71791 mal)

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
Re: The Road to Edain 4.0: Your feedback
« Antwort #60 am: 1. Apr 2016, 16:57 »
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo poor unicorns :'(

But that was a great April Fool. If you hadn't added the unicorn I would've thought it was real ^^

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #61 am: 2. Apr 2016, 16:05 »
It's getting a bit cold in here, isn't it?
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #62 am: 2. Apr 2016, 18:01 »

Here among these dark peaks, the stronghold to bring ruin to the north kingdom.

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #63 am: 2. Apr 2016, 18:10 »
That screenshot is brilliant!

"That still only counts as one!"

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #64 am: 2. Apr 2016, 18:50 »
It's getting a bit cold in here, isn't it?
Here among these dark peaks, the stronghold to bring ruin to the north kingdom.
You guys smell that? Sounds like we might be seeing a patch soon with all the mysterious teasers  :D
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

DreamWar

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #65 am: 12. Mai 2016, 09:11 »
Hey all - new to the forums and Edain in general.

So, a while ago I tried playing Edain - and I thought I didn't like it because of the built plots. This system was new to me as I only played the original Battle for Middle Earth: Two and the ''official community'' patches. I was so used to the build scenario that I really struggled to adapt to a completely different play-style.

However, recently (in the last few days) I decided to try it again and actually give it an attempt. I admit that the first time I tested it, I briefed over the factions and eventually raged quit because I was reading all the abilities and functions for half the game while getting pummeled by Easy AI. (Yes). There is so much that it just overwhelms me, (of course in a good way).

Now? I believe I have gotten over the built - plot mechanic as I am so amazed at the current build. I am still analyzing all the abilities and powers but the modification is so rich. The amount of work the developers have put in is quite astonishing. I love it so far,  and haven't noticed any issues what so ever (apart from the under-tuning and over-tuning of some aspects of the game.

Just wanted to give my thanks of this modification expansion.

Also, I don't see much point in creating a new topic for a quick question - but I've noticed some things have ''hidden abilities''. Example - if you have Sauron with the One Ring and he is level ten, if you press "S", he legitimately gains triple movement speed, damage and faster weapon swing. I am unsure if this is intended. Would using this in competitive play be frowned upon?

Thanks in advance!
Kind Regards!

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #66 am: 12. Mai 2016, 12:42 »
Great news, I'd like to take this opportunity to shamelessly promote the edain wiki as a great place to learn about the mod, we're still building it up but we've got a lot a stuff down already. (Give my signature a click)

The Sauron thing is either a bug or an easteregg, you can always report it on the bug thread.

Welcome to the Edain :)
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

DreamWar

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #67 am: 12. Mai 2016, 13:21 »
Yeah, already checked out the Edain information site. Good stuff! ;)
I will post the Sauron thing on the bug forum. I was just curious about Sauron as he doesn't seem like an ''army killer'' without that ability as his damage is relatively low against heroes. Hell, even Aragorn can destroy him.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #68 am: 12. Mai 2016, 14:22 »

So, a while ago I tried playing Edain - and I thought I didn't like it because of the built plots. This system was new to me as I only played the original Battle for Middle Earth: Two and the ''official community'' patches. I was so used to the build scenario that I really struggled to adapt to a completely different play-style.

However, recently (in the last few days) I decided to try it again and actually give it an attempt. I admit that the first time I tested it, I briefed over the factions and eventually raged quit because I was reading all the abilities and functions for half the game while getting pummeled by Easy AI. (Yes). There is so much that it just overwhelms me, (of course in a good way).

Now? I believe I have gotten over the built - plot mechanic as I am so amazed at the current build. I am still analyzing all the abilities and powers but the modification is so rich. The amount of work the developers have put in is quite astonishing. I love it so far,  and haven't noticed any issues what so ever (apart from the under-tuning and over-tuning of some aspects of the game.

Just wanted to give my thanks of this modification expansion.

Also, I don't see much point in creating a new topic for a quick question - but I've noticed some things have ''hidden abilities''. Example - if you have Sauron with the One Ring and he is level ten, if you press "S", he legitimately gains triple movement speed, damage and faster weapon swing. I am unsure if this is intended. Would using this in competitive play be frowned upon?

I'm very happy, DreamWar, that you made up your mind a bit and considered the whole context of the Edain Mod more carefully. I know, it could be difficult, initially, to adapt to the new/old building style of BFME1, but it's definitely worth a try  :)

Of course, one of the main pillars of the Edain Mod is exactly the far more complex and smarter mechanics of the game, along with a more prominent lore accuracy, the very spirit and atmosphere of the two cinematographic trilogies and a simpler yet very solid and rational structure. There is a lot to know and to understand deeply, if you are really intended to fully enjoy this modification; if you have any doubt or question, you can find many answers both via the Edain WIKIA (which the kind Necromancer has contributed to so well) and the official news on this forum and on ModDB as well.

Furthermore, I think that posts of this kind had better be part of more suitable threads, as the official and main feedback topic concerning the Edain Mod 4.0 in its entirety. I will thus merge everything with that specific thread.

--- MERGED ---

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #69 am: 12. Mai 2016, 15:13 »
Zitat

Am I the only one who just loves hearing this? It reminds me of me, when I first opened up Edain, which is already like more than half a year ago. Time sure flies when you enjoy things :P.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #70 am: 12. Mai 2016, 16:05 »
Personally, I'm always delighted to think that the Edain Mod is getting more polished every update. I believe this was one of the reasons why it recently had a huge success, surpassing everyone's expectations, I guess; above all, the incredible growth of the International Community and the winning of the MOTY contest.

So, the question is: where are we intended to head to? Near perfection?  :P

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #71 am: 12. Mai 2016, 16:53 »
Well, I try to be realistic about the meaning of ''perfection'', but Edain surely is of excellent quality overall. You know a mod is of excellent quality, when people start to nitpick about the voice of a hero haha!
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #72 am: 12. Mai 2016, 18:14 »
You know a mod is of excellent quality, when people start to nitpick about the voice of a hero haha!

True, more or less. But, honestly, Dáin's and Thranduil's sound sets, for example, really needed to be overhauled for the sake of the Mod's high standards, and I am very glad that Dáin managed to cut very proper sounds.

So, in some cases, being obsessed with details is a moral duty  :D
At least, that is my 'perfectionist'-like approach. Do you (people involved in the discussion) feel to have other specific types of approach?  :)

Leri_weill

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #73 am: 12. Mai 2016, 20:13 »
In French we say : "Le diable se cache dans les détails".
--> Evil hides in details  xD

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #74 am: 12. Mai 2016, 20:37 »
In French we say : "Le diable se cache dans les détails".
--> Evil hides in details  xD

I find this saying very offensive  :D
Life would be terrible without details  :P