28. Mär 2024, 22:18 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Brief General Ideas  (Gelesen 116478 mal)

Ninima

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
Re: Brief General Ideas
« Antwort #270 am: 20. Aug 2021, 20:55 »
It s a great idea, but how would this ability look like? Would it have a selectable area in which all units die or would you select the battalion you want to "sell". Thats important because if its an area, you could only kill half of the battalion like with Mornamarths level 10 ability and get over the cp limit pretty easily by recruiting more units while the others are regenerating.

IgRAzm

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #271 am: 20. Aug 2021, 21:03 »
It s a great idea, but how would this ability look like? Would it have a selectable area in which all units die or would you select the battalion you want to "sell". Thats important because if its an area, you could only kill half of the battalion like with Mornamarths level 10 ability and get over the cp limit pretty easily by recruiting more units while the others are regenerating.

Nah, I imagine it would target individual units and batallions.

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #272 am: 20. Aug 2021, 22:36 »
We talked about that and did not implement it this way, as it would cause a ton of other problems.
Some of these are:
 - selecing a single allied unit is always a bit tricky. especially if there is another unit close, you might accidently select it, even though you clicked on a different unit. So it will always need a ton of micromanagement, just to get the units in position.
 - You could use it for killing units outisde of the fortress in the middle of a fight, just to stop the enemy from getting experience - therefore the range for the spell must be minimal and basically just a few milimeter around the citadel, as we don't want this to be a viable strategy.  And having such an ability with such a small range always feels frustrating to use for buildings. (objects that can't move)
 - it looks horrible if you can make everything just vanish in the middle of the field.
 - the work needs a lot of time, which we rather use on something else.
There are a ton of different points why we haven't used it as such an ability, but as the current system, event hough it has some downsides.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #273 am: 3. Sep 2021, 10:40 »
It seems quite a few people are having the issue of AI player dying off at the beginning of the match. This is likely a mixture of bad luck and the early AI rush tactics. I think a simple fix to that would be to give the AI citadels an arrow tower, this change would only apply to when a citadel is under AI control so it doesn't really affect PvP or balance in general. A simple arrow tower that would help clear early rushes. This weapon could then be removed later in the game with an upgrade that disables it on a delay of 2 minutes or so. Or, it could just be left there so that AI bases are harder to siege down, although in my experience that hasn't really been needed which is why I would recommend the first option.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #274 am: 3. Sep 2021, 13:48 »
Neat idea.

IgRAzm

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #275 am: 23. Dez 2021, 18:11 »
I have a visual info idea for Mordor, it would be either easy to implement or impossible, I guess, but the former is more likely.
How about the Sauron's leveling tasks were shown relatively in an order of accessibility for most builds. As you know, now they appear in a circle and every new player needs to read each and every one of them and eventually remember most of them at least. Keeping track of objectives would be easier if the ones like "control 6 overseers" or "summon cirith ungol battalion" were closer to the top clockwise.

Current tasks order

Suggested tasks order

Watcher

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #276 am: 2. Feb 2022, 17:14 »
(Disclaimer: I have asked a question about this topic before... on the wrong board).

Could perhaps Repair spells (such as Gondor's and Arnor's) be used to remove Angmar's Blight spellbook power? Blight, currently, cannot be countered. And, while it is not overly-powerful, it is somewhat annoying (esspecially since it slows Upgrade research).
"The pool is up to the west-gate..."

Halbarad

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Soldat Gondors
« Antwort #277 am: 2. Feb 2022, 21:04 »
Being able to counter it would be nice, but this way blight would be far too weak in a match against Gondor/ Arnor I suppose.

Watcher

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #278 am: 3. Feb 2022, 06:44 »
Yes, I had not considered that...
"The pool is up to the west-gate..."

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #279 am: 3. Feb 2022, 08:46 »
I think it could be an interesting decision for players to make. However, I don't think it would be used very often in multiplayer. Being able to save a building from destruction has a lot more value than producing more resources especially if it's a building you've spent a lot of money on.

I can see it being useful in the rare cases where your opponent blights your market or blacksmith while you're researching upgrades.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Le Sournois

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #280 am: 17. Okt 2023, 16:42 »
Some little suggestions for future campaigns in Edain mod :

-The missions which include a timer to conquer and to defend something are very interesting (the mission in the Angmar campaign when barrow must be held until daybreak is the best mission ever created in my opinion)

-It would be nice sometimes to include allies in some missions that can't be controlled in order to incite the player to launch his attacks at the perfect time, and use well the actions of his allies that he can't master to win, it forces more analysis in games, and that has never been made, but it should be cool.

-Sometimes it is cool when missions are a real mess with combats everywhere. To achieve that, the more common use of ambushes during missions would be very fun. Imagine a Siege map where the player enter the ennemy city and then an army appear all of sudden behind him to try to deter him from retreating, it would intensify the gameplay of these missions and do something different.

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #281 am: 17. Okt 2023, 23:37 »
Allied units are always really cool and add a lot of flavor, but they're also very difficult to get right because the AI that controls them is notoriously stupid. [ugly]
But we'll see what we can do, we already have plans for our next campaign.