[en] Edain Mod > [Edain] General Suggestions

General Balance Discussion

(1/35) > >>

Lord of Mordor:
In this thread, you can discuss balance issues that affect more than one faction, such as the general economy. If you feel a balance topic is so big it deserves its own thread, you're free to create one, but for smaller points this thread might be useful.

Saeros:
Greetings people,
I would like to propose a reduction in the infantry unit prices for the men factions.
If any of you have ever played BFME1 you could possibly remember that the units were cheaper the more fountains you had built.
I think this would help a lot (especially for the gondorian archers and the rohan infantry -archers and spearmen- since they are too weak and too costly respectively) in order to have a way to produce a supportive force for your -very weak- peasants without bleeding economically
Finally, the dwarven infantry could use this reduction, since the dwarves are an infantry-based faction although to be honset they are value for money.
A 15% reduction with two fountains and a 30% with three fountains I suppose would suffice.

Walküre:
I think that this topic should rightly be merged with the General Balance Discussion thread (still empty, so far).
It's the right place to discuss about general balance-related matters  :)

MERGED with: http://en.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,31984.msg415466.html#msg415466

Hamanathnath:
I really don't either or the Men factions need a price reduction on their infantry.  I'll go into both of them specifically.

Rohan:  The only infantry Rohan has, excluding captains, are peasants.  And peasants are already very cheap (150 for Normal Peasants, 250 for Farmhands).  Not only are they very cheap, but the buildings that make peasants make money, and Rohan is the only faction to have that feature, except technically Lothlorien because of the Citadel and Beorning hut, but they have different money making mechanics then normal Resource Buildings.  Keep in mind that the more money your farm is making, the faster peasants come out.  So it would be wise to upgrade the farm(s) you are using to make peasants with Production increases, as well as using Theodens cruel taxes on them.  Finally, Gamling can also just summon Peasants for free, which comes back decently fast if you Banish him with Corrupted Theoden. 

Gondor:  Gondor does have a lot more infantry then Rohan.  However, Gondor Soldiers and Spearmen only cost 200 and 300 respectively, which is even with most other factions,  and pretty cheap considering how effective they can be.  And every other infantry unit (Tower Guards, Citadel Guards, Dol Amroth Soldiers), which are considered the elite infantry, already have a price reduction when you buy Town Houses (to 30% reduction if I remember correctly).  And even if you think the prices are still too high, that's where Denethor comes in.  His ability State of Emergency, I think after using the palatir 2 times, reduces the cost of all you soldiers, at the cost of making them less effective.  And Finally, Gondor gets free infantry from the signal fires, which is very effective, especially with the Spellbook power that makes it better. 

So, I really think that neither of the faction need a reduction like this.  They both have their own means of dealing with the prices. 
Don't take offense to my post though, this is just how I argue :). It's good to see people post ideas.   

Sawman:
I agree with Haman here peasants are already very cheap and can be made quickly and if anything Rohan needs a upgrade discount not infantry discount and your right the Rohan archers and spear throwers are expensive but there's a reason for that and that's is they are very good if used right and as for Gondor they already have discount and cheap units and for their archers yes they are 400 but with 6 town houses you can get rangers for only 490 (I think) around there so you can get better archers for only a little more money and honestly with Gondor if I ever get an archery range it'd because I want the fire arrows for my rangers and I have no intent to buy Gondor archers

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln