28. Mär 2024, 11:43 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Gondor Balance Discussion  (Gelesen 55808 mal)

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Gondor Balance Discussion
« am: 24. Okt 2015, 01:58 »
In this thread, you can discuss balancing issues with the Gondor faction. If you feel a balance topic is so big it deserves its own thread, you're free to create one, but for smaller points this thread might be useful.
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
Re: Gondor Balance Discussion
« Antwort #1 am: 25. Apr 2016, 16:38 »
Before I make my suggestion, let me say that I really like the changes made to Beregond with 4.3.1.  They really make Beregond stand out as a Hero, as well as really define his role in the faction. 

Now I wanted to make a post about this ability around the time 4.3.1 came out, but I have had the worst luck when it comes to getting Gondor when I choose Random, which is pretty much always.  :P 

Beregond's level 8 ability (the one with the German name), in my opinion, is incredibly overpowered once Beregond is level 10.  30 seconds of Invulerability to both Heroes and Buildings in a very large radius is way too much.  Let me put this into perspective.  Thorin Oakenshield needs to be level 10 to have his Invulerability to affect all nearby heroes.  Thorin costs 2600 and is the faction leader of Ered Luin.  Beregond costs 1000, and his ability also effects all nearby buildings, which makes Gondor's defensive capabilities better then they already were. 

And this is just 1 ability.  Beregond also has a lot of others that, while not overpowered, are very good abilities.  But with Beregond the way he is now, it is a flat out mistake not buying him in a match.  He improves offensive and defensive capabilities of the entire faction to the point where they can come out of pretty much any situation victorious. 

Of course, that is the way I see it.  Maybe it isn't as drastic as I make it sound.  But right now, I would say that Beregond's level 8 ability needs very heavy nerfs.

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #2 am: 25. Apr 2016, 18:52 »
You are on fire today Haman! +1.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Tirano

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #3 am: 25. Mai 2016, 02:02 »
I think that the archery building need a change

The archery at this moment is the more poor building of the game, offer only 1 kind of archers and one upgrade, also is the only building of gondor taht in lvl 2 dont unlocks a unit or a upgrade...  I observed that the only reason taht player make this bulding is for the fires arrow upgrade when they get dunedains, if you think about it the cost of fires arrow is to high, adding the cost of oportunity of a wasting space for a farm and the time and price of 2 bulding upgrade and the price of fires arrows.
I think you neet to dissolve this building and make recruitable the archers form the
barracks or do something to make more viable this building.

EDIT: also signals fires need to be better.
« Letzte Änderung: 25. Mai 2016, 11:17 von DieWalküre »

Idrial12

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #4 am: 25. Mai 2016, 10:21 »
Tirano I totally agree with you, that the archery range is not the best solution. I also like your idea of making archers recruitable in the barracks. Since Gondor has 1 bulding space more I suggest that Archers need a lvl 2 barracks to be recruited. Fire arrows can be moved to the ranger tents or to the blacksmith.

kind regards,
Idrial
Viele Frauen wissen nicht, was sie wollen, aber sie sind fest entschlossen, es zu bekommen.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 25. Mai 2016, 11:24 »
EDIT: also signals fires need to be better.

You might probably need to explain this stance of yours more exhaustively. Giving proper reasons to a suggestion helps both your proposal to be backed by consistent elements and the other users to participate deeply in the debate and agree/disagree with you.

Also, double or multiple posts within 24 hours are forbidden by the rules. You can edit your own comments, if you want to add something more.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #6 am: 25. Mai 2016, 11:38 »
I'm against this change, the archery range is an iconic part of BFME and sets Gondor. Upgrading the archery range decreases the recruitment time. But maybe it could be possible to make the fire arrows researchable at level 2 instead of 3. It could also be possible to create a new unit but make sure that it answers to a real need in the game and that would require much more development.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #7 am: 25. Mai 2016, 12:54 »
I actually like how the Archery Range is now.  Yes, it can only train one unit, but as The_Nercomancer0 has stated, it is a very iconic part of Gondor.  And there really isn't any other unit that can be added to the Archery Range, besides the Guardians of the White Company, though I think Gondor can train enough Elite/Heroic units already.

Also, it's not like Gondor is starving for Build Plots, they do have the most in the game (9) on Castle Maps.

Idrial12

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #8 am: 25. Mai 2016, 13:03 »
Well yes you are right. But I would like to find a way to make the Gondor Archers more common in games
Viele Frauen wissen nicht, was sie wollen, aber sie sind fest entschlossen, es zu bekommen.

Tirano

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #9 am: 25. Mai 2016, 18:18 »
sorry for the double post, gondor have 9 Build Plots but also have a lot of different buildings so the the plots for farms are similar to others factions.
is true taht the archery is a iconic building and it will be sad to remove it... but we need to think in a solution for this

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #10 am: 25. Mai 2016, 22:40 »
I don't see any problem. Archers got a pretty significant buff in the last patch, in that their cost was reduced to 300. You can easily spam them besides Gondor Soldiers and Tower Guards. On top of that, Fire arrows is a phenomenal upgrade, no matter where it is located.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #11 am: 25. Mai 2016, 22:46 »
I would agree about Beregond being a little OP for his cost.

Regarding the Archery Range, I would say that previously it wasn't worth it, but since the archers got a price reduction its now a lot more manageable. You can start off spamming Gondor archers then transition into rangers. 1 thing I would really like to see though is move Fire Arrows to level 2 archery range, it takes really long to get them as it stands now, not to mention the high cost. I think the 3rd upgrade should just be build speed, if you put fire arrows on level 2 I bet you'd see a lot more people making the range.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #12 am: 25. Mai 2016, 23:46 »
Ithilien Rangers with fire arrows at a level 2 Archery Range? No thanks.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #13 am: 25. Mai 2016, 23:54 »
You forget how expensive the Rangers and Fire Arrows upgrade are, and how easy they are to kill with cavalry.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #14 am: 26. Mai 2016, 00:15 »
Except, there will be Tower Guards. Many of them. Of course they are expensive, but there is a reason for that. Ithilien Rangers already do excellent damage by default, it's bonkers with fire arrows and the Composite Bow burst ability.