29. Mär 2024, 11:54 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Dol Amaroth Fortress  (Gelesen 3272 mal)

SRQPO85

• Bilbos Festgast
Dol Amaroth Fortress
« am: 30. Mär 2015, 02:08 »
First off, gameplay wise, I think the fortress works perfectly, this comment is purely about the aesthetics of the fortress. To me it just looks a little strange as a straight square sticking up out of the ground, and I think it would look more pleasing if it had four parapets on the corners (either the arrow or dormitory towers for the base game is what i'm picturing). Maybe as an upgrade so that they could be garrisoned or just as something the fortress has from the get go to make it look pretty.

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Re: Dol Amaroth Fortress
« Antwort #1 am: 30. Mär 2015, 17:28 »
I also think it could use some more pizzaz, even just some trees or something might make it feel less lonely.

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: 31. Mär 2015, 00:09 »
Dol Amroth fortress - like Elven fortress for Arnor - are normal fortresses of Men and Elves from the vanilla game. And Edain team for them found a purpose. That's all.  :)

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #3 am: 31. Mär 2015, 02:54 »
Oh I know where it's from, just think it looks a little plain, especially compared to Minas Morgul

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: 31. Mär 2015, 10:51 »
Really? Interesting view.
For me Minas Morgul and Dol Amroth are the same conceptual matters.
Different thing is for instance Mirkwood for me.  :)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #5 am: 31. Mär 2015, 13:59 »
I too think that Dol Amroth and the Elven Fortress for Arnor should have some Upgrade like 1-2 Towers that can be Garrisoned or something like a Small Wall around it with may be Trees around and such and even some Ugprade like in 3.8.1. not only for Visual effect but I tihnk a Fortress needs some deffense after all not just standing Building in the Middle of nowhere! :) but as Concept and role in game they are Awesome!I could say something for Minas Morgul need too somethin like that,while Dol Guldur is a ruin of a Fortress so its good this way te Poison effect! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Fine

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
« Antwort #6 am: 31. Mär 2015, 14:10 »
The Dol Amroth fortress is already very strong and has great upgrades for defensive measeures (fire arrows, oil cauldrons). Its high arrow damage, fast firing rate and high amount of hitpoints make it almost impossible to destroy without siege weapons. Therefore, I do not see the need to add additional upgrades or expansions to it.
RPG:

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #7 am: 31. Mär 2015, 15:47 »
I don't think it needs to be stronger, just less barren.

SRQPO85

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #8 am: 31. Mär 2015, 16:06 »
It is definitely balance gameplay wise, I just believe some slight aesthetic altercations could really help the atmosphere, just like adding the 4 corner parapets, the don't have to shoot arrows, just look pretty xD.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #9 am: 31. Mär 2015, 16:24 »
I agree!Just something for Visual efect to loo more majestic! XD
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Sporf_McGorf

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #10 am: 10. Apr 2015, 18:41 »
The old fortress from vanilla BFME2 is nostalgic. It is great to see the model re-purposed in this way, and I don't think it needs to be any different than how it is. Stalwart fortresses of men are not flashy like elven structures, or darkly bladed like evil structures, so this fits, aesthetically. It's a bastion of strength, and the model speaks that message clearly. My vote is to leave it the way it is,

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #11 am: 11. Apr 2015, 21:13 »
That's my view as well :) I actually think it would be over-crowded if it got its old six expansion slots back. I never liked how messy the fortress looked once it was fully upgraded, I prefer this simpler version. Perhaps we could bring back the old ivory tower final upgrade though, if we found a good purpose for it. Keep in mind that Denethor already has the role of lifting the fog of war.
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines