[en] Edain Mod > [Edain] Gondor Suggestions

Gondor Balance Discussion

(1/15) > >>

Lord of Mordor:
In this thread, you can discuss balancing issues with the Gondor faction. If you feel a balance topic is so big it deserves its own thread, you're free to create one, but for smaller points this thread might be useful.

Hamanathnath:
Before I make my suggestion, let me say that I really like the changes made to Beregond with 4.3.1.  They really make Beregond stand out as a Hero, as well as really define his role in the faction. 

Now I wanted to make a post about this ability around the time 4.3.1 came out, but I have had the worst luck when it comes to getting Gondor when I choose Random, which is pretty much always.  :P 

Beregond's level 8 ability (the one with the German name), in my opinion, is incredibly overpowered once Beregond is level 10.  30 seconds of Invulerability to both Heroes and Buildings in a very large radius is way too much.  Let me put this into perspective.  Thorin Oakenshield needs to be level 10 to have his Invulerability to affect all nearby heroes.  Thorin costs 2600 and is the faction leader of Ered Luin.  Beregond costs 1000, and his ability also effects all nearby buildings, which makes Gondor's defensive capabilities better then they already were. 

And this is just 1 ability.  Beregond also has a lot of others that, while not overpowered, are very good abilities.  But with Beregond the way he is now, it is a flat out mistake not buying him in a match.  He improves offensive and defensive capabilities of the entire faction to the point where they can come out of pretty much any situation victorious. 

Of course, that is the way I see it.  Maybe it isn't as drastic as I make it sound.  But right now, I would say that Beregond's level 8 ability needs very heavy nerfs.

Odysseus:
You are on fire today Haman! +1.

Tirano:
I think that the archery building need a change

The archery at this moment is the more poor building of the game, offer only 1 kind of archers and one upgrade, also is the only building of gondor taht in lvl 2 dont unlocks a unit or a upgrade...  I observed that the only reason taht player make this bulding is for the fires arrow upgrade when they get dunedains, if you think about it the cost of fires arrow is to high, adding the cost of oportunity of a wasting space for a farm and the time and price of 2 bulding upgrade and the price of fires arrows.
I think you neet to dissolve this building and make recruitable the archers form the
barracks or do something to make more viable this building.

EDIT: also signals fires need to be better.

Idrial12:
Tirano I totally agree with you, that the archery range is not the best solution. I also like your idea of making archers recruitable in the barracks. Since Gondor has 1 bulding space more I suggest that Archers need a lvl 2 barracks to be recruited. Fire arrows can be moved to the ranger tents or to the blacksmith.

kind regards,
Idrial

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln