28. Mär 2024, 14:22 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Gondor Balance Discussion  (Gelesen 55821 mal)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
Re: Gondor Balance Discussion
« Antwort #45 am: 12. Jan 2017, 21:24 »
Gondor Archer spam is arguably better than Ithilien Rangers. They cost less cp, have more in a battalion, and have substantially more armor. Ithiliens are nice for a glass cannon nuke strategy, but cavalry or any AOE attacks will make their life hell.

His summon can kill siege in seconds and cannot be countered, and he can be put in a tower to have massive range boosts. Completely disagree here, he is broken.

Wait till the next patch ;)

smh WRONG. Aragorn is one of the BEST heroes in the game, bar none. Bladmaster Knife Throw combined can destroy most other heroes, he has the versatility of being able to mount, he has a fear, he can cloak in early game, and he has a hero heal. His circular AoTD can destroy ENTIRE ARMIES if you trap them in the ring, as they cannot escape out of it and are constantly being hit by the ghosts, as well as any troops you have. The only ability that needs looking at is his leadership, which is terrible. Everything else about him is amazing, and he is well worth his price tag.

Boromir is super useful early game, and moderately useful late game. You really want him late game just for his leadership and summon. Overall, I think just his last stands needs tweaking, and maybe a bit of a price decrease.

The thing about Gondor is they are actually very well balanced, compared to other factions which are either underpowered or overpowered. Gondor is neither super weak nor strong at any stage in the game, and they arn't like Mordor and Lorien who are broken at all stages of the game. Changes need to be made to the other factions, not Gondor.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

[BMD]Dmitry

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #46 am: 13. Jan 2017, 20:48 »
Changes need to be made to the siege of the game or with Denethor (!)
Look at the replay, I had 20 loremasters, unlimited resources, catapults, but could not defeat Gondor!

It really is 100% OP as well as the strength of the walls of Gondor

calixoxx

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #47 am: 15. Jan 2017, 02:25 »
Gondor Archer spam is arguably better than Ithilien Rangers. They cost less cp, have more in a battalion, and have substantially more armor. Ithiliens are nice for a glass cannon nuke strategy, but cavalry or any AOE attacks will make their life hell.

His summon can kill siege in seconds and cannot be countered, and he can be put in a tower to have massive range boosts. Completely disagree here, he is broken.

Wait till the next patch ;)

smh WRONG. Aragorn is one of the BEST heroes in the game, bar none. Bladmaster Knife Throw combined can destroy most other heroes, he has the versatility of being able to mount, he has a fear, he can cloak in early game, and he has a hero heal. His circular AoTD can destroy ENTIRE ARMIES if you trap them in the ring, as they cannot escape out of it and are constantly being hit by the ghosts, as well as any troops you have. The only ability that needs looking at is his leadership, which is terrible. Everything else about him is amazing, and he is well worth his price tag.

Boromir is super useful early game, and moderately useful late game. You really want him late game just for his leadership and summon. Overall, I think just his last stands needs tweaking, and maybe a bit of a price decrease.

The thing about Gondor is they are actually very well balanced, compared to other factions which are either underpowered or overpowered. Gondor is neither super weak nor strong at any stage in the game, and they arn't like Mordor and Lorien who are broken at all stages of the game. Changes need to be made to the other factions, not Gondor.

Hi Kryptik, I think you may have misunderstood some things.

I have not seen many people utilize Gondor archer spam whatsoever, so surely it is not the most economical or strongest support for Gondor late game?

On the point of Denethor, yes he can destroy siege but I do not think siege needs to be some glorified aspect of the game. Personally, I am tired of people sitting outside your base with a fully upgraded army but just attacking with catapults. Denethor helps solve this issue and ensures that you need to make more than 1-2 catapults to be effective against Gondor when sieging.

Aragorn is killed pretty easily IMHO and once he puts a target on his back with the AOD lvl 10 power, he goes down vs many heros. I would much prefer a loose battalion of AoD summoned instead.

I never said Boro was not useful period, you actually just repeated my point for me. Boro's horn in 90% of cases is totally ineffective late game.

I repeat my concern about the spell power AoD as well; its very difficult to place on many maps, cant be summoned in the cloud of war, and the units are so slow that many armies can just outrun it.

I also wanted to discuss another thing I've been noticing about Gondor gameplay: lately there has been an explosion of Signal Fire strategy. Many players now simply will only use these signal fire units and then save for heros.

Am I the only person who thinks signal fires are broken?

A few complaints:

. 4 spell points earns you double units from these signal fires.
. The units can be upgraded.
. Not only are you spending 500 resources one-time and then getting unlimited units for the rest of the game, but these units have abilities which renders other Gondor early units unpreferential. You are getting arguably better units totally for free.
. The signal fires themselves are pretty damn hard to destroy.
. You get varied units- archers, pikes, and infantry. This means there isn't even a good early counter for them.

My gripe is that these signal fires are next-level Mordor spam, just better. Yes, you can't control what you get, but they still spam and cluster and the abilities make them stronger early game. Combined with the sheer spam nature, this proves to be an extremely annoying and slightly OP gameplay.

Because you can upgrade them also means your free army sticks around from early game straight through late game.

Am I alone here??

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #48 am: 15. Jan 2017, 03:39 »
You also don't get any money from signal fires and produce your units rather slowly, meaning you usually need several of them, which in turn again hurts your economy. You don't really get these units for free, you're paying for it with a significantly lower income. In my opinion you are actually less versatile because of your weaker eco, meaning you can't get Knights as quickly and probably will never go for Rangers either. I do have to admit that it's been quite a while since I've last used them, but since nothing changed I don't see why they would be overpowered or even broken.

Aragorn has high health, the highest straight up melee damage output of all heroes in the game, can boost his armour and his damage even further and can heal himself. If you lose this guy to other heroes on a regular basis, you're doing something wrong^^

Boromir will probably get buffed indirectly in the next patch, so look forward to that. ;)

Even though the AoD is probably in its weakest state since BfME I, it is still devastating. It's just no longer a point-click-profit power. It can sometimes be difficult to place, you're right, and it does take quite a while to appear. Use it to pincer the enemy between your army and the AoD by summoning it behind his lines. It's actually easier to do than one might think, since you can easily get vision with Pippin or some cavalry going around the enemy.

calixoxx

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #49 am: 15. Jan 2017, 07:00 »
I actually really disagree here. While using 3-4 signal fires, and maybe run just 1 farm settlement if I can find it, there is no need for me to run any barracks or stables in my base at all, devoting 5, at times all 6, build plots just for resources.

You see, you are able to reverse the standard- resources in base, barracks on the field. The difference is that they are all free. Yes, they don't all come at the same time, but even so, if you get x2 every time it summons and then upgrade them, it's pretty crazy. I would suggest watching some versed players with this strat because then I think you may see the issue.

They are better units because of the abilities, they are all free, which means you arent spending resources on units. Only to upgrade them. That is where you save money. Then use your base to generate resources for heros while you're spamming slightly-better-than-standard units.

Mogat

• LPS-Sieger
  • Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #50 am: 15. Jan 2017, 09:17 »
In my experience the signalfire strat is inferior to the classic gondor style, I don't see it beeing op of any kind. Going for them significantly delays your further tech as a gondor (upgrades, elite, most important kav) .
The thing is, you have to hit the gondor before his 3 point spell starts kicking in. This is actually managable, I didn't have problems with that at all.
You have to attack, catch the spread out spawning units at their own and deny mapcontrol for your opponent, or even try early kav if he doesn't go for the support barracks.

Cogito, ergo sum

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #51 am: 16. Jan 2017, 00:51 »
Going for signal fires leaves you extremely vulnerable to cav. Against any faction who can get them reasonably quickly you will get dominated. Especially if you only use your base for resources and don't make support pikes.

I wasn't disagreeing about Boromir, I was just pointing out my thoughts about him.

Elendil covered my thoughts on Aragorn perfectly.

The AotD summon is fine if you use it right. You should use your army as an anvil, and the AotD as a hammer, to prevent them running away.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

calixoxx

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #52 am: 16. Jan 2017, 01:56 »
I see your point about cavalry, but excluding Rohan, you aren't getting cavalry early enough to control signal fire units before they are spammed so much they are clumped and no longer vulnerable to cavalry anyway. We should all acknowledge that cavalry trample speed down is so intense that late game you can't penetrate clumps of units. This applies to signal fire units as well, especially given that these units have ability buffs too.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #53 am: 16. Jan 2017, 03:59 »
1 unit of cavalry can take down 3-4 clumped units easily if there are no pikes to support. You are also going to have infantry backing you up in the meantime, which can tie up the enemy army or harass their signal fires. I really think if anything signal fires are actually not as good as straight Gondor Soldier spam, due to their formation. The next beta will reveal some different details about that however, just be patient ;)

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #54 am: 28. Jan 2017, 14:09 »
Can you guys decrease cost of Border Stronghold cost to 1000? Becouse currently we need to pay for Imrahil 3500 gold and make Knights of Dol Amroth recruitable without Imrahil needed to be on field it is just to expensive );

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #55 am: 28. Jan 2017, 14:14 »
The Stronghold is just way too strong to only cost 1000 resources. Gondor already has great cavalry, so paying a bit more for the heroic variant is no big deal.

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #56 am: 28. Jan 2017, 14:35 »
The Stronghold is just way too strong to only cost 1000 resources. Gondor already has great cavalry, so paying a bit more for the heroic variant is no big deal.

But paying 3500 for Imrahil .... besides who use Gondor Cavalry if u have great free swordsmen from Signal Fire  xD . Buildings get nerfed in 4.5 i heard
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Jan 2017, 14:40 von Slawek56703 »

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #57 am: 28. Jan 2017, 14:57 »
A lot of people use Knights. Especially good players.

I don't know what nerfing buildings has to do with your proposal?

If your problem is the cost of Imrahil, argue for that, not for reducing the cost of something else. You don't pay 3500 for Imrahil, you pay 3500 for a strong outpost that generates resources, recruits unique units and can be further upgraded to heal and buff your units. On top of that you get a hero.

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #58 am: 28. Jan 2017, 16:25 »
You can still propose a cost reduction for Imrahil himself, Slawek :)
I just wanted to point out that the outpost itself can't really get much cheaper (it's a Stronghold after all, it should have some defensive uses). I can't really say anything about Imrahil himself since I never use him^^

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #59 am: 28. Jan 2017, 16:55 »
Thanks and sorry i deleted post i needed to delete other 2 similar proposals and it seems it was one too much. I actally think Imrahil cost is quite good considering he is a Prince but i have diffrent idea to improve Atheling Guard Imrahil level 10 ability and make him more worth this prize he is now . Atheling Guard have level 1 when he summon them what about they were already level 10 similar like Rohan Herald. Also I wont mind give them toggle between mount and dismount like  Black raiders
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Jan 2017, 16:58 von Slawek56703 »