28. Mär 2024, 15:08 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Rohan Balance Discussion  (Gelesen 73224 mal)

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Rohan Balance Discussion
« am: 24. Okt 2015, 01:59 »
In this thread, you can discuss balancing issues with the Rohan faction. If you feel a balance topic is so big it deserves its own thread, you're free to create one, but for smaller points this thread might be useful.
« Letzte Änderung: 24. Okt 2015, 07:02 von DieWalküre »
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
Re: Rohan Balance Discussion
« Antwort #1 am: 24. Okt 2015, 05:45 »
Neither is this one about Gondor, right? You should probably check the others too, since they all talk about Gondor :P
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #2 am: 24. Okt 2015, 07:13 »
Neither is this one about Gondor, right? You should probably check the others too, since they all talk about Gondor :P

Problem solved, I modified them  ;)

Now, speaking about Gondor, give Lord of Mordor a moment, for pity's sake  :D

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #3 am: 24. Okt 2015, 15:37 »
I could have sworn I had changed the text for all of them already - shouldn't post so late in the night I guess [ugly] Thanks for taking care of it, Walküre :)
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #4 am: 24. Okt 2015, 15:42 »
Just pointing it out there mates :)
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #5 am: 7. Nov 2015, 01:28 »
One of the key issues I can think of right now, besides the obvious weakness in late game, is several rather weak power points.

The 2 weakest ones are the Galadhrim summon and the Ent summon. The galadhrim summon is basically equal in terms of how much damage it can do with the Druedain. To fix this, I would recommend giving the Galadhrim full upgrades, silverthorns etc. This would make it much better

As for the Ents, I don't really know how to fix them without making them OP. The issue is that most people have some form of fire damage or high level heroes by the time ents are summonable, both of which absolutely slaughter ents. I guess maybe you could make a unique Treebeard with a unique leadership for the summon only, that makes them more resistant to damage and makes them deal more damage, and also makes them faster. I would say that the Ents are currently the 2nd weakest 10 pp in the game, behind Gondors Rohan Answers! power.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #6 am: 10. Nov 2015, 04:07 »
With the 4.2 patch, I heavily disagree with increasing corrupted Théoden's cost to 600. His whole utility comes from how cheap he is, and how useful he is to kickstart your economy early game. Increasing the cost makes it less efficient to get him rather then getting 4 farms, especially now that Cruel Taxes provides so much less, due to the decrease in amount of resources your farms generate by default.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #7 am: 10. Nov 2015, 16:27 »
He already costed 600 before 4.2.

"That still only counts as one!"

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #8 am: 10. Nov 2015, 16:36 »
He already costed 600 before 4.2.

I think he ment to say 800 because that is his cost in 4.2, because as you said, Theoden (before obtaining his spell book power) costed 600 in 4.1.2. 

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #9 am: 10. Nov 2015, 16:38 »
Alright I didn't know he was now costing 800. Sorry.  :)

"That still only counts as one!"

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #10 am: 10. Nov 2015, 23:32 »
Yes I did mean to say 800, my bad, I was tired when I typed that post.

Hamanathnath

« Antwort #11 am: 11. Jan 2016, 17:15 »
Does any one else find it weird that Rohan is the only faction that isn't able to upgrade their sentry towers?  In my opinion, I don't really see why they shouldn't have it.  In camp battles, Rohan has easily the worst at defending camps, because of the lack of defensive options.  While Theodred's tower can be used defensively, I don't see why a person would make these towers at his base when he is fighting elsewhere, and the cooldown for the tower is too long if it comes to the point where you are trapped in your base.

I see this as less of a problem in Castles because, well, Walls.  But I know the team has said that they want a player being besieged to always have a chance defending itself, and I don't actually know if Rohan has that, but still, this is more of a problem with Camps

So I would really like to see some sort of defensive upgrade for Rohan Camps.  Fire Arrows for the Sentry Towers would be the obvious choice, but it's also not that original, so I would love to here ideas for improving Rohan's camp defense.

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #12 am: 11. Jan 2016, 18:34 »
I think it would be interesting to give spears a more dominant role. As it stands, spears on the Sentries and in particular spear throwers are quite niche. They do a good amount of damage, but they are mostly meant to be used against cavalry or monsters. However, I think it would be interested to give them additional damage against heavier units or heroes. You are throwing a fricking spear at them for goodness sake lol. They also cost 700, and we never, ever see them. It might even contribute to solving Rohan's late-game issues, who knows.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #13 am: 11. Jan 2016, 18:39 »
I would opt to just give Rohan's sentry towers Fire Arrows. As for the late game issues, the solution has been there from the start, the team just doesn't seem to want to implement it. Rohan either needs very expensive cavalry that are extremely strong and resistant to pikes, or they need heavy infantry. That's the only way to solve late game issues without heavily nerfing other factions late games. The updates that have been released so far are nice, but giving the Royal Guard some pike resistance is not enough to defeat a full Isengard army, or a Gondor Tower Guard spam. Additionally, the Rohirrim Archers cost so much CP and are so vulnerable to arrows that they are very easily countered, and their attack strength is once again, not enough to defeat a full Isengard/Gondor army.

Hamanathnath

« Antwort #14 am: 12. Jan 2016, 15:10 »
I haven't used Spear Throwers too much, but I know enough about them to say Spear Throwers do need some changes.  These guys cost the exact same amount as Galadhrim (700 resources and 120 cp).  And, unsurprisingly, the Galadhrim are easily the better then Spear Throwers (as they should be.  I'm not too knowledgeable with Tolkien lore, but I think that Galadhrim, extremely well trained warriors of Lothlorien, are much better then peasants that throw spears). It also doesn't help the Spear Throwers that Galadhrim can have their cost and the cost of their upgrades lowered.  So if the Team wants to keep Spear-Throwers, I recommend lowering their price and cp to maybe 500 and 90 respectively.

But I'd rather them have some stat increases.  Spear Throwers take a long time to attack because of their animation, which combined with how little of them there are in a group, high cp cost, high price, and being only average in melee combat, these units are mostly replaceable in all areas.  Against cavalry, because of their cp cost, you can get 2 groups of Farmhands at the same cp cost, and they would have 3 times the amount of units.  They are good against monster from what I remember, but monsters are rare, and there are many other units also good against monsters.  I do like their ability that lets them have knockback with their throws.  But the Spear Throwers don't have much use past that ability. 

Maybe I am being harsh, or maybe I'm missing some sort of use for them, but in my opinion, the Spear Throwers are one of the most useless units in the game for their price.  I'm surprised that not many other people have talked about them in the forums.  If people know how to use them effectively, please tell me.