28. Mär 2024, 19:33 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Rohan Balance Discussion  (Gelesen 73240 mal)

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
Re: Rohan Balance Discussion
« Antwort #120 am: 2. Mai 2017, 12:16 »
What mid game units are you trying to trample anyway that don't die after running them over 3-4 times? xD
Especially with forged blades Rohirrim should be doing significant trample damage. Although not as high as Gondor Knights, they can trample much longer and won't get stuck as easily in big clumps of units.

As Django said, Rohirrim archers are superb units. Go get them.

Rohan doesn't really need mass slayers the way that other factions need them because their cavalry can trample so much. Get rohirrim archers or druedain to kill the pikes and your cavalry will melt stuff. Also, Eomers spear can actually do a surprising amount of aoe damage, it just takes a bit of practice. You have to hit a soldier at the other end of the enemy army for maximal effectiveness, so the spear will pierce as many enemies as possible.

Trapper

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Knappe Rohans
« Antwort #121 am: 2. Mai 2017, 13:37 »
I must agree.
Rohan has in every phase of a game very useful types of cavalry, which serves as their mass slayer.
Dealing with very early armoured units might be tough, but if you specialize on archer rohirrim you won't be defenseless.

kreso

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Balin,the son of Fundin, at your service ;)
« Antwort #122 am: 2. Mai 2017, 14:01 »
Look this scenario, 5 battalions of Erebors pike and 3 of axethrowers(who have upgraded forged axes so early in game thanks to mines). U cant trample pikes with rohirrim (exiles) u dont have enaugh fight power to win them with Peasnts, because axe thorwers will one shot them and your archer are much weaker than axe throwers that they cant win that fight even if u have spearmen battalion(hardly to accsess it due to thier cost+archery+upgrade). Add Rohan bad eco, no chance to win that, they will outharras you if u ignore them. I dont have scenario to win that matchup, and 2 battalions of Eastfold Rohirrim in formation cant kill that phalanx. So you will say use capitains to kill phalanx, but way to capitains is already in MG, and this is early game from erebor. They will rush your outpost every time to prevent that, and you dont have elite units and i match is over. It is possible with otheres faction to get that scenario.
Bad economy for rohan is really big problem and you cant win with peasants spawn that is sure, every swordman unit will win that fight even orc spawn :/

Rohan Archers are low range but, they are carvalry and it is oke to have a bit lower range but they lose fights against lothlorien archers. For diffrence how hard You invest to get that archers, cost  (even if u go 6 stud farms) is high and upgrade for stable + if u want to win archery battle u most give them armor and u pay full price for it every time but that is hard to accsess. But they are not in Rohan to fight enemy archers, they should kill armored units.

So maybe this is could be good. Maybe make Rohan capitans in Exile camp or maybe in in upgraded Assebly point.  And let marshals stay in Royal camp. So what do you think. Btw i hope new spellbook for patch 4.5 will bring adjustments to it but this might help.
"What have we done, O king? Is it a crime to be lost in the forest, to be hungry and thirsty, to be trapped by spiders?"

DreamWar

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #123 am: 10. Nov 2019, 11:47 »
Eowyn being the best hero killer in the game is quite frankly - bullshit. Killing the Witch King? Okay. Questionable. Killing Gorthaur? What? Killing Sauron? Alright, whatever. Why is she the best? It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
« Letzte Änderung: 10. Nov 2019, 11:55 von DreamWar »

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #124 am: 10. Nov 2019, 12:03 »
Hello, in order to start a discussion a little context would be useful such as what were the factions playing, was it against players or AI, what map was it on and if you have one a replay file. If you didn't save the replay but you haven't played any online game since then the replay has been automatically saved to LastReplay.BFME. Also please mention if you're using any fixes.

As for the discussion itself, you should provide a more open ended question under which users can either ask their own question or debate over it. You can also suggest some changes that you think would help, what part of her was too strong, was it the HP, the abilities, is she too cheap?
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

dgsgomes

• Pförtner von Bree
  • "If by my life or death I can protect you, I will"
« Antwort #125 am: 10. Nov 2019, 13:41 »
Eowyn being the best hero killer in the game is quite frankly - bullshit. Killing the Witch King? Okay. Questionable. Killing Gorthaur? What? Killing Sauron? Alright, whatever. Why is she the best? It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

In this videos, she can't beat Witch-King nor Sauron:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_QzsvIUoaM&t=48s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0F0TaW9zUw&t=226s

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #126 am: 10. Nov 2019, 16:19 »
Eowyn being the best hero killer in the game is quite frankly - bullshit.

I would also refrain from swearing in comments, if I were you. It does nothing else but cast a negative light on both you and your remarks, especially at the beginning of a conversation.

If you wish to bring people on your side and convince them of the reasons lying in your suggestions, use arguments and logic, instead of cursing. That's the only way allowing for fruitful discussions.

Seleukos I.

• Edain Balancetester
  • Galadhrim
« Antwort #127 am: 10. Nov 2019, 19:59 »
Zitat
As this is a balance related topic I'd like to share some thoughts.
You say Eowyn is a good herokiller.
Well, we can agree on that, it's her job after all. Every hero in the game has a certain function, like Gandalf beeing a mass-slayer or Dain a unit supporter. And Eowyn is a herokiller. So I think there is nothing wrong with that.
Then you say she is THE BEST herokiller in the game (which she is not, but she is very good), and I think that means you think she is TOO GOOD.
 And here I don't agree.
As I said I think Eowyn is a very good herokiller with very powerfull abilities later on (lvl 5 and lvl 10). But the important point is, she is only good vs heroes. Eowyn has no ability that really helps her against normal units. Other herokillers, like Aragon, are very effective against units as well. Eowny isn't.

In short:
Eowyn is very good vs heroes, but I don't think that's a problem at all as she is rather useless against everything else. And even against heroes she needs some levels to be really deadly (and leveling a hero in a normal game isn't as easy as you might think).

In case you think it is "unrealistic" for Eowyn to kill Gorthaur or the witchking:
Yes, in Terms of lore that would look rather strange, but as long as noone complains about a Hobbit beeing able to kill a Dragon by throwing stones st him I don't think we should talk about realism to much^^

I'm looking forwand to your response :)

best regardes,
Seleukos I.

Big F

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #128 am: 26. Mär 2020, 00:50 »
This is the Rohan subsection of my gameplay & balance post over at the general balance discussion thread.

Assuming that drafted peasants have the same stats as other standard battalions it seems too strong for their cost especially because their passive ability to be buffed near farms is one of the best abilities of any standard sword unit.

Theoden's armor buff when leveled seems too strong.

Rohan's settlement healing (plus tower) is way too strong. Very strong and boring. I elaborated on it more the post in the general balance discussion thread. It should at least be moved to the exile camp as an upgrade like the other faction unique outposts have.
« Letzte Änderung: 26. Mär 2020, 01:06 von Big F »

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #129 am: 26. Mär 2020, 13:30 »
Drafted peasants have 25% less health than other standard sword units like Gondor soldiers.

Good point about the armor buff, I'll take a look at it.

n1ck_liv

• Hobbit
« Antwort #130 am: 21. Apr 2020, 15:35 »
Hello guys and fellows of the Edain Community! It is my first time to venture to leave a feedback  about a game mechanic that has completely disturb the balance of the edain mod. It is the 3rd tie spell of the Druedain for Rohan and it has been considered quite strong to a great extent in comparison with the whole spellbook of this faction. So, my proposal is this, since the spell belongs to defensive- long term spells tree and given the fact that is also lore-wise to a good point since druedains aided the rohirrim to pass through the druedan forest safely, I would suggest this spell to be exclusively able to be activated into the woods and forest of the maps so as to display and depict even better their unique essence and offset the inbalance effects that has already caused uptill now into the game.
Thanks in advance, I Hope u read it and take it seriously into cosideration and attempt to implent it somehow into the game!
« Letzte Änderung: 21. Apr 2020, 15:44 von Elendils Cousin 3. Grades »

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #131 am: 21. Apr 2020, 15:48 »
Making it only usable in forests isn't very practical because not all maps have enough trees, but don't worry - the druedain spell is getting some adjustments in the next patch.