28. Mär 2024, 11:00 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Rohan Balance Discussion  (Gelesen 73213 mal)

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
Re: Rohan Balance Discussion
« Antwort #90 am: 14. Okt 2016, 18:29 »
I really like your ideas! They'd certainly help in Rohan's Lategame and fit with Tolkien's writing of these characters.

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #91 am: 14. Okt 2016, 21:31 »
like this this change too i am tired of this fear resist and proably your ideas would be great in game. How about Eomer ability Leader of Exiles instead of give experience would have active effect too ? I describe this
Leader of the Exiles/Guthwine
Eomer grants nearby Rohhirim and Rohhirim Archers resources for every killed enemy (Passive)
Guthwine!Guthwine! Eomer raise his sword and attacks nearby enemies causing temporary aoe damage .This ability make Leader of exiles in this time deactivated .(Click to activate)

PS:Why Rohan needs stables to mount thier heroes? is a useless feature imo for example Mordor dont need any building to do it and this not bring any fun into game please change this .
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Okt 2016, 17:15 von Slawek56703 »

lahe95

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #92 am: 5. Nov 2016, 08:56 »
I don't think Rohan is a weak faction. Getting the peasants to level 2 and armed up with forged blades and heavy armor, they are pretty touch units.

DaGeggo

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
  • A subba Sach!
« Antwort #93 am: 5. Nov 2016, 16:51 »
Fully armored peasants isn't as easy to get as it seems in your answer. It is really expensive and compared to other factions fully upgraded infantry, the rohan ones are barely useful. But I don't think Rohan is a weak faction at all. It has its powers in riders.

Geh nun und stirb auf die Weise, die dir die beste deucht.

Isilendil

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #94 am: 12. Nov 2016, 14:44 »
Rohan. On the current version of Edain, the most senseless and uninteresting race, unadapted to Late game, not developed in army. Incapable to resist to such fractions as Lothlorien, Dwarves, Angmar.
Decision: Please, dont add the kamikaze cards but change the concept of race completely, having paid her due attention.

Sorry for my english, i has written this with using the translator

Julio229

• Edain Betatesting
  • Gesandter der Freien Völker
  • King Of the Misty Mountains
« Antwort #95 am: 12. Nov 2016, 14:55 »
Rohan. On the current version of Edain, the most senseless and uninteresting race, unadapted to Late game, not developed in army. Incapable to resist to such fractions as Lothlorien, Dwarves, Angmar.
Decision: Please, dont add the kamikaze cards but change the concept of race completely, having paid her due attention.

Rohan's strength lies in the Early and Mid game, their armies are unstoppable if you rush them to harass your enemy's development, helping your economy with Corrupted Theoden's Cruel Taxes. I think Cavalry could be stronger, but right now Rohan isn't as bad as you say, and for me it is the most difficult AI faction to beat because of their rushing capabilities.

Isilendil

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #96 am: 12. Nov 2016, 16:22 »

Rohan's strength lies in the Early and Mid game, their armies are unstoppable if you rush them to harass your enemy's development, helping your economy with Corrupted Theoden's Cruel Taxes. I think Cavalry could be stronger, but right now Rohan isn't as bad as you say, and for me it is the most difficult AI faction to beat because of their rushing capabilities.

My line is based on many multiplayer games and won't change but thanks you for expression yours. It is important for me.

Morwereth

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #97 am: 12. Nov 2016, 20:50 »
Personal opinion as always.

AI can cheat and it's strategy generally predictable. Thinking multiplayer-wise is more reasonable I guess.

Changing entire concept of a faction is so much work and can't be done in close future but it is not impossible. It happened for dwarves in 4.3 because fans wanted to see a new concept for Iron Hills especially. However, I doubt that there is a such a thing may happen for Rohan

I do agree, current Rohan early-mid game is peasant spam + creeping + exile camp rush. Late game is weak compared other factions and almost non-existed without outpost. (Personally) I don't see any reason for curing Theoden or building stables because it is not beneficial in short term. I don't know how hay carts and molotovs can help Rohan's late game but it is too early to talk. The Team always find a way to surprise us.  :D

Tirano

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #98 am: 8. Dez 2016, 18:01 »
hello all, i have some balance suggestions for Rohan, I think Rohan 1vs1 early game is weak especially if your enemy know that you pick this faction and know how to counter, because Rohan is extremely weak against a early atack, the main reason of this is that Rohan units are more weak and you take more time to make them (i know that if you make a lot of units in diferent farms you can get a nice army but I refer to the early attack, for example the fight for the troll in ford isen 2).

I dont know if i get to mi point there but what i think is going to help a lot Rohan early game is make more fast the recruitment of the inside fortress farms and also add the option to the exiled camp to make a expansion tower, beacuse when your oponent know that you rush the exiled camp is to dificult to hold the ground and not lose the outpost because despite of the cavalry you have at this point of the game your oponent have a better army.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #99 am: 8. Dez 2016, 18:55 »
Sorry come again? Rohan's early game weak? They've got one of the best early games. They can produce units from their resource buildings, unlike most faction, Theoden is the god of all early games boosting heroes, troops and buildings. The early camp is one of the quickest ways to get cavalry and the exiles have exactly the same amount of power as regular Rohirrims. Every resource production upgrade increasing the recruitment speed and Theoden's resource ability speeds that up even further. You can spam peasants quickly, get cavalry quickly and the heroes (once exiled) become quite powerful albeit riskier. What Rohan needs is a stronger late game.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #100 am: 8. Dez 2016, 22:24 »
Necro already hit all the points, Rohan has the strongest early game in the mod right now, even stronger than Mordor and Angmar. The amount of troops you can put on the field within 5 minutes is astonishing, and it includes cavalry which will destroy any force that opposes you. 1v1 in any situation Rohan beats every single other faction in the mod right now, because their early game is so powerful.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Tirano

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #101 am: 9. Dez 2016, 03:55 »
i would really like to see how rohan beats the others factions, i don't agree with you on that... In my opinion Rohan and gondor have the worst 1vs1 in ford isen of all the factions

i guess against isengard maybe have a chance in early game

Mogat

• LPS-Sieger
  • Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #102 am: 9. Dez 2016, 09:03 »
I agree with Elite on that. Rohan can have an extremely strong early and midgame, and there are aswell possibilities to transition to a strong lategame (given you managed to get an advantage in earlier game stages).
Although I would consider it one of the most difficult factions to play if you want to reach its full potential in early/midgame.

Cogito, ergo sum

kmogon

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "They stole it from us ! My precious Curse them!"
« Antwort #103 am: 9. Dez 2016, 17:13 »
https://youtu.be/WgjD7GOaYws
https://youtu.be/IwckXeaAlBo
https://youtu.be/Rt0Z0fIxLRI

Here you have some nice rohan duels ;)
If you have any troubles with playing this faction, you can learn sth from Elite KryPtik

Tirano

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #104 am: 9. Dez 2016, 18:51 »
no offense, despite that I play the second game there (I was just starting to play in GR) you are not showing the best lvl.... i would like to see a match with rohan against a fine opponent, for example dmitry, goodfella or firefly or even me

I reapeat... Rohan is a good faction, in some maps maybe the best but for 1vs1 in ford isen i think the faction need to be better.

Mogat if you say it i belive you but i woul like to see some game of you with Roahn... I modify the messeage because i find this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yTU-kSUD9Y

but i think this game does not prove anything because mogat play excellent here and fella makes a lot of mistakes  and even with that on mind was a really difficult game for rohan... also this game proof mi point about the exile camp, it is to dificult to defend it from the first attack.

Nice game from you Mogat!

regards
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Dez 2016, 19:25 von Tirano »