28. Mär 2024, 12:46 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Isengard Balance Discussion  (Gelesen 22289 mal)

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Isengard Balance Discussion
« am: 24. Okt 2015, 01:59 »
In this thread, you can discuss balancing issues with the Isengard faction. If you feel a balance topic is so big it deserves its own thread, you're free to create one, but for smaller points this thread might be useful.
« Letzte Änderung: 24. Okt 2015, 07:08 von DieWalküre »
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
Re: Isengard Balance Discussion
« Antwort #1 am: 26. Okt 2015, 22:30 »
well i can say isengard is too hard to play early game and to easy to play in late game. in late game isengard is toooo dam op
so if you tweak with the power of isengard in the late game then you should tweak with it in the early game

ringbearer

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #2 am: 14. Nov 2015, 17:56 »
For me, Early game was  almost "fixed" by new wulfgar abilities. On contrary, i really miss some hero-units in isengards late game ( One of two things i don't like in edain :D ). If you have some new ideas, just write them :)

Lille Rambo

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #3 am: 20. Feb 2016, 03:18 »
I do believe that the siege machines are too cheap for some of the factions, battering rams should cost 500, or changed so they don't have so much health. As for Mordor, Rohan and Isengard the current battering ram cost 300 and are abused by spamming them very early in the game. I think you get way more for your money than you should, bump the cost up to 500 for the mentioned factions, and increase gondor and dwarfs siege rams to 600 or 700. I don't think it is intended that one can spam battering rams at the start of the game for an early win.

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #4 am: 14. Mai 2016, 18:35 »
The Crebain ability at the Citadel (I think it's called Murder of Crows, can't exactly remember) comes back way too quickly.  Not only does it cost 400 resources, which is very cheap, it possesses a powerful debuff and acts as a scouting power.  And because of how fast it comes back, it makes Vision of the Palantir obsolete, which is one of the reasons I never really see anyone get Vision of the Palantir as their first power.  Crebain should have at least the same cooldown time as the Dwarven Ravens, if not more because of how low its price is.

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #5 am: 4. Nov 2016, 11:01 »
I think Shield Uruks need to cost more CP than 30 per unit .Players can spam them easy .Dont get me wrong but i think Isengard is enough spamming faction this is too huge advantage

calixoxx

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #6 am: 12. Jan 2017, 03:28 »
I would generally like to see Isengard get a small debuff. I think heavy armor is a little too heavy. Isengard is extremely powerful once you can camp your upgraded crossbowmen behind fully upgraded Uruks.

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #7 am: 15. Jan 2017, 03:34 »
I would generally like to see Isengard get a small debuff. I think heavy armor is a little too heavy. Isengard is extremely powerful once you can camp your upgraded crossbowmen behind fully upgraded Uruks.

I agree with this if isengard can upgrade thier upgrades then normal ones need to be nerfed and be earlier in game.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #8 am: 16. Jan 2017, 04:07 »
Isengard is very strong, but their armies arn't as tanky as many people think. Also, their spellbook and heroes, except Saruman and Grima, are very underwhelming. If you actually look at the health of units, you might be surprised to learn its the same as basic units, which really surprised me. The really OP aspect of Isengard is the Shieldbearers, who are incredibly OP right now, but again, have fixes coming with the next beta. Overall they are in a pretty good spot, and just need some buffs to their spellbook and nerfs to shieldbearers.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

-DJANGO-

• Balins Schriftführer
  • I might play Unchained!
« Antwort #9 am: 16. Jan 2017, 14:26 »
Agree with Kryptic aside from the hero aspect. Yes Isengard does not have many heros, but other than Gondor, you can get both your army Leadership with Ugluk and Lurtz quite easily. Their very LG should be the strongest in the game, in one league with Imladris. Thats why they have Batallion Captains, Shieldbearers and Steelwork Upgrades. Their LG Eco is and should also be the strongest.
Their EG isn't really that weak and vulnerable as it should be, because of how expensive and difficult it is to get early Cav. Only Rohan can shut them quite easily down atm, but only because wargs are not that  great for now.  :P (Maybe we should make the transition to MG a bit more challenging for good ol Isen ^^).
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Jan 2017, 14:29 von -DJANGO- »
- THE EAGLES ARE COMING -

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #10 am: 5. Feb 2017, 15:42 »
Since this is not a balance related topic, you should post this in a different thread. Same goes for your suggestion concerning spear throwing elves. ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #11 am: 5. Feb 2017, 16:42 »
Since this is not a balance related topic, you should post this in a different thread. Same goes for your suggestion concerning spear throwing elves. ;)

I dealt with both posts. Dáin, again, you are wholeheartedly invited to post rather brief suggestions in this typology of threads. You would make things far easier for all.

Dain@

• Pförtner von Bree
  • baruk khazad khazad? ai-menu. For the King ! ! !
« Antwort #12 am: 7. Nov 2017, 10:35 »
Sawmill - the idea of ​​creating an open and offensive economic building for Isengard is good, but not particularly effective. For example: At the early stage of the game, the player is already building sawmills, and at least two (already depends on the card / number of players and so on.), But let's say that this is a 1x1 or 2x2 card. It is likely that by the time the player has access to the ability of the sawmill, all the slots of the settlements will already be occupied, and he will choose the convenient and necessary place for him. But by the middle of the game and further on, the map may end up with wood, and the call of the sawmill will simply be useless, or almost useless. For example, the same problem was with the past ability that was passive, at first the player received +100% of resources and after the middle of the game when just the trees ended the player did not receive any bonus. So maybe you should reconsider this ability?

Mr.Todd

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #13 am: 27. Jan 2020, 20:51 »
Hello everyone, after trying 4.5 I spotted a few small details:
 When ourouk scouts use their capacity that drains life, I think that the absortion is too important, in a few hits they recover a huge amount of health, maybe it should be decreased? Regarding the powers I would have liked Saruman to gain a bonus equivalent to Gandalf, for a level 5 power the bonus is not enough, he should have 100% on magical damages.

Big F

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #14 am: 26. Mär 2020, 01:10 »
This is the Isengard subsection of my gameplay & balance post over at the general balance discussion thread.

Isengard's early game seems extremely strong against factions that cannot do a cavalry start, against factions that can however, it seems extremely weak.