28. Mär 2024, 23:26 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Dwarven Balance Discussion  (Gelesen 65751 mal)

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Dwarven Balance Discussion
« am: 24. Okt 2015, 01:59 »
In this thread, you can discuss balancing issues with the Dwarven faction. If you feel a balance topic is so big it deserves its own thread, you're free to create one, but for smaller points this thread might be useful.
« Letzte Änderung: 24. Okt 2015, 02:55 von Lord of Mordor »
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
Re: Dwarven Balance Discussion
« Antwort #1 am: 24. Okt 2015, 02:54 »
Are you sure this thread is about Gondor? Must be the fatigue of working on 4.2 :P
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #2 am: 24. Okt 2015, 02:56 »
Errrmmm... who says anything about Gondor? This thread certainly never said anything about Gondor! All lies! :P
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #3 am: 10. Nov 2015, 04:12 »
The Ram Riders are a very cool unit, however there are some issues. They seem to die incredibly easily in prolonged melee, and they move ridiculously fast. Additionally, the complete lack of a scout hero means that Iron Hills are much weaker early game, especially against enemies with strong scout heroes like Isengard, Rohan and Gondor. To counteract this, either the single scout rider should be made stronger and cheaper, so that all 3 together are equivalent to a scout hero, or a scout hero should be added alongside the rams.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #4 am: 10. Nov 2015, 04:34 »
I myself have no problem with their Speed,they are actually like in the Movie Fast and Agile as we saw them when coming from behirthe Dwarven Infantry and then Charge so I think the speed fine! :-)

I think they are weak on prolonged close quarters fights to represents that Dwarves are not Natural Riders nor Elite Cavalry like Rohan or Gondor,they are fast and have good.charge! :-)

Their price I think they are cheap enough,but I too think thelat the Scouts themselves should be a little bit stronger I mean the Captains that summon the Battalions should be slightly stronger so that all three could rival a Heroes Scouts ! :-)

But I really think 1 more Hero is what IHs needs in term of Heroes !

Greetings and best regards from the Lord of the Iron Hills! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #5 am: 10. Nov 2015, 05:06 »
They are faster than cavalry of Rohan, how does that make any sense? No mountain goat is faster than a trained war horse, I'm sorry.

I agree about needing all 3 to counter a scout hero, but if the cost isn't reduced than you would be paying 450, while scout heroes only cost 150. That's why I would advocate reducing the cost to 50 or maybe 100, and increasing the cost to upgrade to a full battalion to balance it.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

helloa2134

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #6 am: 10. Nov 2015, 06:17 »
They are faster than cavalry of Rohan, how does that make any sense? No mountain goat is faster than a trained war horse, I'm sorry.

I agree about needing all 3 to counter a scout hero, but if the cost isn't reduced than you would be paying 450, while scout heroes only cost 150. That's why I would advocate reducing the cost to 50 or maybe 100, and increasing the cost to upgrade to a full battalion to balance it.

Definitely agree with you about speed of the Rams needing to be nerfed, no way a ram could outrun a horse, especially a trained one.  About the cost, I think buying all three should definitely cost more than a normal scout hero because while a single hero can be in one place at a time, three Rams can be in three places.  Perhaps the cost should be reduced by 50 to 100 a ram, but I think 50 is too low.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #7 am: 10. Nov 2015, 06:27 »
Well we have to take into consideration that this Rams are trained for Ride as well and that they are not exactly our ordinary real life Ram/Goats so they can be quite faster than our real Rams,BUT I can agree that they should be slightly Slower a little bit bellow Rohans Horses ! :-)

Heloa I think you mean increased not reduced or I am wrong mate!? :-)
Because Elite meant that the 3 Scouts are more expensive together than.1 Scout from other Kingdoms,and they should be cheaper! :-) But I think currently they are fine!They may be 3 not 1 but they are also more Expensive combined than 1 Scout and plus they I think are weaker to a degree! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

helloa2134

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #8 am: 10. Nov 2015, 06:59 »
Currently aren't the single Rams 150 a piece?  I could be wrong about that since I've only played IH once since 4.2 came out.  I propose that either the price of the Rams remains 150 or is reduced to 100 but I definitely don't think the cost of the Rams should be 50 a piece as Kryptik suggested, since three Ram scouts are better at scouting than a single hero insofar as they can more quickly cover more territory.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #9 am: 10. Nov 2015, 07:18 »
Yes you are right! :-) Their current Price is 150! :-)

But yes I agree with you 100 will be the perfect price ,because as you said they can cover much more territory than 1 Scout Hero and making them too cheap will be not so balanced after all they can even Summon Battalions of Riders so making them too Cheap will be such a good idea! :-)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #10 am: 10. Nov 2015, 07:45 »
I think 100 would be the perfect price as well, as long as they also receive a slight increase in strength for when the single rider is summoned at first. That way, when all 3 are together they could match a scout hero in strength.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #11 am: 10. Nov 2015, 08:05 »
Exactly what I was thinking :-)

They combined need to match the Strength of other Scouts,but the  price of 100 as I said I too find it ideal for the nob! :-)

Greetings! :-)

helloa2134

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #12 am: 10. Nov 2015, 09:19 »
I'm glad you agree that 100 is a good price.  Alongside a reduction in speed for the Rams I think the Rams should not be able to make use of the Dwarven Tunnel Network.  They are already very quick, so it's not a huge loss, and the tunnels are meant to compensate for the Dwarven Infantry's slow speed.  Since the Rams don't really suffer from this issue, I think it would only be fair to prohibit them from using the tunnels.  Another, admittedly weaker point is that it doesn't make a ton of sense that an entire unit of Rams and their riders can fit into the tunnels.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #13 am: 10. Nov 2015, 10:08 »
Yeah 100 is perfect price and a small speed reduction,and of course small boost in strength to be able to Match other Scout! :-)

Yeah I too agree thar Ram Riders do not have to use the Tunnels! :-)

But I think they should e able to receive Thorin III Runes since bow thet cant!? :-)

Bogdan Hmel

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #14 am: 11. Nov 2015, 13:30 »
 The Dragonslayer is too strong, especially when he uses the sword.