28. Mär 2024, 14:44 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Battle of Dale  (Gelesen 9443 mal)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
Battle of Dale
« am: 24. Okt 2015, 02:03 »
Helllo guys!

The extended edition provided us with these awesome artworks of how the battle of Dale would've looked like!

So freaking awesome!

P.S. On the last pictures you can find elder Dwalin and Gloin ;).

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • BAN-KAI! Tear off... Golden Demon Slayer Jizõ!!!
Re: Battle of Dale
« Antwort #1 am: 24. Okt 2015, 02:17 »
I'm gonna watch the EE tonight (just watched AUJ and DoS this morning and afternoon). But what I'm really excited for is the 8 hour appendices. Tha last Middle-Earth movie appendices we shall ever see, kinda sad.

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #2 am: 24. Okt 2015, 09:58 »
Helllo guys!

The extended edition provided us with these awesome artworks of how the battle of Dale would've looked like!

So freaking awesome!

P.S. On the last pictures you can find elder Dwalin and Gloin ;).

Wow those pics are awesome! I have some questions:
1.Are they shown in the Appendices? :)
2.As we know, PJ removed the 17 years gap between Bilbo's party and the forming of the fellowship - which means that during the War of the Ring Bard's son Bain was still ruling Dale. So that means that the person beside Dain is Bain, right?
3.And also, why do the Dwarves wear Iron Hills armor? So according to the pics, after BOTFA the Erebor Dwarves started wearing the same armor as the Iron Hills dwarves? What about their awesome Erebor armor from AUJ?  :(
« Letzte Änderung: 24. Okt 2015, 10:03 von ThorinsNemesis »

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #3 am: 24. Okt 2015, 12:47 »
1. Yes they are shown in the appendices I believe, I got these pictures from Revora btw so they are not mine ;).
2. Actually the time gap was 60 years when they celebrated Bilbo's birthday in LOTR, and the king shown on these pictures is Bain's son; King Brand.
3. I have good news for you then! I took a really detailed look through the pictures, and if you look at the last one where Dain protects Brand's body, you can see 2 Dwarves from behind using the AUJ armor! This means that they used both Iron Hills and Erebor armor xD.

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #4 am: 24. Okt 2015, 13:12 »
1.Awesome, I can't wait to get the Bluray and watch the Appendices now!  xD
2.Well actually Bain died in the year 3007. In the books Bilbo's party is in 3001,when Bain is still alive and maybe still ruling Dale. After 18 years in 3019 the Battle at Dale took place, and Brand was ruling after his father's death. Then Brand died and his son succeeded him. But in the movies there is no 18 year gap, so can we assume that maybe Bain was still alive, but Brand was already ruling?
3.Awesome - I can't see those Erebor-armored Dwarves, but if you see them, it means they did use that armor during WOTR  :).

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #5 am: 24. Okt 2015, 13:46 »
2. Yes perhaps Bain already retired from being king and gave the crown to his son.
3. Don't worry mate I marked it down for you ;):

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #6 am: 24. Okt 2015, 14:13 »
2.Yeah that is perhaps the most logical theory in the movie timeline; we can guess that maybe during the Battle the old Bain was in Erebor because he couldn't fight?
3.Thank you my friend, now I know that the awesome AUJ armor was still used again in WOTR, only a part of the Erebor Dwarves started wearing Iron Hills armor too  :)

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #7 am: 24. Okt 2015, 18:20 »
2.I'd say that PJ didn't necessarily remove the 17 years gap, but rather that he didn't want the passage of time to show or to be important in his movie in order to give a feeling of urgency to the plot. We know Gandalf strides out of the shire after the party and travels as far as Minas Tirith and back again, we don't know how much time he's out by the time he returns to the Shire.

3.There were no Erebor dwarves, the dwarves who fled Erebor after the dragon's attack were scattered across the land or formed colonies in the Blue Mountains. I believe that recovered Erebor was taken largely by Iron Hills dwarves under Lord and now King Dáin. Of course old refugees from 60 years ago must have returned to the mountain from Ered Luin, Dunland and other places, but it is my belief that Erebor was colonized mainly by Iron Hills dwarves with Iron Hills customs under a king from the Iron Hills.

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #8 am: 24. Okt 2015, 18:33 »
2.Well actually I remember somewhere PJ (or someone else) said that he condensed the time - the 18 years are now a few weeks or so.
3.Well as far as I know, most of the surviving Dwarves of Erebor travelled back to Erebor from the Blue Mountains after the Quest of Erebor; and while Dain was from the Iron Hills and with no doubt some Iron Hills dwarves resided in Erebor from then on, I think it is logical that a part of the army would wear the Erebor armor from AUJ, and maybe Dain adopted some of Erebor's customs too, in honor of the glorious days of the past  :).

bookworm1138

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad"
« Antwort #9 am: 24. Okt 2015, 23:45 »
On the last pictures you can find elder Dwalin and Gloin ;).

didn't Dwalin die before Gloin came to Rivendell for the Council of Elrond?
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #10 am: 26. Okt 2015, 22:27 »
how awesome it would be if old dain uses that axe in the edain mod what do you think guys ???

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
« Antwort #11 am: 26. Okt 2015, 22:43 »
^^Actually the same axe is used by old Dain in Edain mod, it's just a different color; I like the axe's color on the pictures above more, and it would be nice if the Team changes it :).
It would also be great if the Team change a teeny bit the design of Dain to look a bit more like in the pictures - like, change his fur cape to look like the one in the concept art above, and make his armor black/dark? :)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #12 am: 26. Okt 2015, 22:56 »
i did not notice the axe  :o  [uglybunti]  :D xD.
i love his armor in those pictures its amazing i would love to play with him

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #13 am: 27. Okt 2015, 02:56 »
I think the axe colouring difference is very subtle: