19. Mär 2024, 10:38 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Bilbo, oh Bilbo - What happens to you?  (Gelesen 17989 mal)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
Bilbo, oh Bilbo - What happens to you?
« am: 26. Okt 2015, 13:45 »
The big question: What happens to the old Bilbo, after he is no longer available at dwarven realm Erebor? We are open to suggestions, forth with your ideas! ;)

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Bilbo, oh Bilbo - What happens to you?
« Antwort #1 am: 26. Okt 2015, 14:02 »
Very evocative and effective title, I would say  ;)

Honestly, I wouldn't personally push myself too far with detailed or definitive suggestions, for now.
I will just say that I would really like to see the Old and well-experienced Bilbo in Rivendell, which is, I think, a more suitable context and environment to live in during his retirement from the boundaries of the World, reflecting on all his dense and dynamic Life and completing his parts of his Book, before the final and ineluctable Journey to the West.

As it exactly happens in the lore, where we only see him again (after the departure of the Fellowship from Rivendell) during the journey through the Shire of the last High Elves headed to the Grey Havens, in ROTK.

Probably, a role as a not playable and supporting hero in the Citadel of Imladris would fit him very well, in my opinion  :)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #2 am: 26. Okt 2015, 14:47 »
My though from the earlier thread of Dwarven scout
Zitat
I think he might be used for Imladris this way: you get him from the Hobbit farm (or somewhere else) he is the usual Bilbo. However, he "studies" all the scripts and books of Imladris, so he will be able (maybe make him able to enter library) to provide some spellbook recharge bonus, or a passive exp multiplier for nearby/all heroes.
Basically something related to him, after he finally settled in Imladris, studying all the knowledge and history that is stored there.
Also
Zitat
Come to think about it, the hero exp thing might conflict with Elrond's special power of giving advice  and insight to heroes :/

SO
As I see it there are several options:
_If Bilbo is to go with the "wisdom" and "studies" thing, Elron will have to change some of his abilities.
_Another option is for Bilbo to specialize his support to heroes, and Elron be specialized with a sort of global effects covering all units (ingame nearby units) with minimized or no effect on heroes.

The thing is when Elrond gave his advice and wisdom, he usually though on a more global scale than specifically about certain heroes. Like the fate of Middle Earth as a whole, or what can each race do regarding the war to come,...etc
Bilbo kept it more simple, more personal. After all he's just an honest Hobbit.

_Option three is for Bilbo to be like an upgrade to the Library (like Denethor, or a slave system and he would just wonder around in the castle) where he may enhance certain upgrades one at a time (an active, or a toggled ability).

I don't really wanna see Bilbo in the Hobbit farm as a minor fun hero. Of course his role in WOTR was minor, but he did spend that whole time in Imladris, and probably know about the Elves more than they know about themselves  [ugly]

kai69

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #3 am: 26. Okt 2015, 20:01 »
I think it suits him to be in Rivendell, but I dont really know where to place him. If I where to choose between an elf scout and Bilbo as scout, I would prefer the elf, as it fits more to send out an experienced elf than Bilbo who is living peacefully his last days. So I dont really see where to put Bilbo. If there is no other scout hero Bilbo can take that place, but if not I really cannot tell. In the worst scenario add him as a decorative character within the fortress.

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #4 am: 26. Okt 2015, 20:43 »
As I said some time earlier, I'd like to have Bilbo similar to Erestor; a support hero that cannot fight (since he gave the Sting to Frodo, and he's old), and in my opinion it suits Imladris to have more ways of strengthening itself with avoiding any physical conflict (their power points rising concept, for example).

It would be stupid to have two heroes with the same role, eh? Yeah... but it wouldn't be exactly the same according to my suggestion: Let's kick Erestor outta game!!! Hehe, no. It ain't that simple :)

So; I thought Bilbo's new supporting abilities could be designed to improve buildings, upgrades and command points, while Erestor's would be created for units, power points and resources.

Keep in mind, this suggestion could be improved, I know it's not very original :)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #5 am: 26. Okt 2015, 21:26 »
i realy can not see old bilbo fighting he should be some kind of an upgrade for imladris
he should appear somwhere in the citadel

Telperion

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #6 am: 27. Okt 2015, 10:00 »
Maybe as an upgrade for hobbit farm, something like Denethor ? When you recruit Bilbo the farm stop generate ressource but it gains some abilities :
- Protect the Shire :  call a couple of shirrifs to defend the farm.
- Troll's treasure : same as young Bilbo.
- Unforgettable birthday party : heal units near the farm.
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Okt 2015, 11:35 von Telperion »

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #7 am: 27. Okt 2015, 11:13 »
i dont think imladris farms need protection from hobbits  xD

Telperion

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #8 am: 27. Okt 2015, 11:22 »
I know :D but i speak about HOBBIT farm that you can build on settlement : http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,25225.0.html

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #9 am: 27. Okt 2015, 11:44 »
This is my idea about Bilbo. We all know Bilbo moved to live to Rivendell where he spent his last days "on vacation". As said on Tolkien Gateway:
Zitat
He lived a very pleasant life of retirement in Rivendell: eating, sleeping, writing poetry, and working on his memoir, There and Back Again and wrote a book called Translations from the Elvish.

So here's a concept which I think fits for the old Bilbo. First of all, he shouldn't be able to fight in close range, since he gave Sting to Frodo, but can still throw rocks. Concerning his abilities, this is what I came up with:

- Master Burglar: Even if old, Bilbo is still an experienced honest burglar. Activating this ability close to an enemy economy building will make Bilbo steal a small amount of resource from it, then quickly make him head to the closest allied base, where he can deliver the bounty. If he's killed during the trip, a tresure chest with the amount of resource stolen will spawn at the place of death. Activating this ability anywhere else on the map will make him stay invisible as long as he stands immobile

This is a mix between the Hobbits' capabilities to conceal themselves and sneak easily with Bilbo's thievery's skills. However, since not having the One Ring, and being old, this ability has two drawbacks: The enemy will be informed of the theft, and the cooldown period of the ability is very long. This should ensure Bilbo is not used too often as a cheap version of Dunlendings or Goblin Pillagers

- Teaching of the Halflings: Hobbits love nothing else than things that grow. For a short period of time, Bilbo teaches the secrets of the land to the selected Hobbit farm, making it produce 30% more resources, but for the duration of the skill he can't move from there nor can he use his skills (except for Master Burglar). If the farm is destroyed before the effect of this skill wears off, Bilbo can be used normally again

- Experienced traveler: In his long life, Bilbo has lived lot of adventures. His memories and experiences influence other heroes. For a short period of time, the selected hero will deal 30% more damage and gain experience faster

- Weaknesses of monsters: Thanks to both his past experience, as well as his studies, Bilbo has learnt anything related to the various monstrosities of Middle-Earth. For a short period of time, the selected allied hero will deal 30% more damage against monsters and gain experience faster

- Need for the One Ring: Even if a brave Hobbit with a pure heart, Bilbo sometimes feels the need to recover the One Ring. If this hasn't been found yet, this ability will temporary show the position of Gollum if he's on a large radius from Bilbo. However, Bilbo's other abilities will be locked for a while. While the effect is activated, Bilbo will move fast, but he loses 50% of his armor but gain double damage, and will attack ANYONE standing on his path to the Ring (since not having a real weapon, he can attack using Gollum's animations)
If the Ring has been already given to a Ringhero, this ability can only be activated if Bilbo is close to it. Activating the ability in this case will make Bilbo viciously attack the Ringhero with triple damage and will also instantly deactivate any effect he has casted on allied buildings/heroes and will scare nearby units and heroes, thus making them lose 15% attack and damage. If he's killed during the effect, he can't be revived for atleast 15 minutes. Otherwise, if he's able to resist and to survive, his abilities will be locked for a while and Bilbo will have 30% less damage and armor since he's scared for what he did

I think this represents Bilbo's personality quite well while he lives on Rivendell: mainly a support figure for Imladris' allies, but with the shadows of the past sometimes resurfacing on the heart of the brave Hobbit. What do you think about it?^^
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Okt 2015, 11:52 von DrHouse93 »

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #10 am: 27. Okt 2015, 13:01 »
i think your ideas are amazing
1+

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #11 am: 27. Okt 2015, 13:07 »
I don't like the idea of Bilbo fighting at all. I also think your last ability "need for the one ring" doesn't fit into Rivendell theme for Rivendell is the last faction that would seek for the ring.
Your other ideas are very interesting though, especially "teaching of the halflings", "exeprience travellers" and "weaknesses of monsters".

"That still only counts as one!"

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: 27. Okt 2015, 13:34 »
Remember: Rivendell will have the hobbit farm on the settlements. Maybe there is some way to implement the old Bilbo? Discusse it.

@DrHouse: Some interesting ideas out there. ;)

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #13 am: 27. Okt 2015, 13:58 »
I don't like the idea of Bilbo fighting at all. I also think your last ability "need for the one ring" doesn't fit into Rivendell theme for Rivendell is the last faction that would seek for the ring.
Your other ideas are very interesting though, especially "teaching of the halflings", "exeprience travellers" and "weaknesses of monsters".
That's the point. RIVENDELL is not interested at all on seeking the Ring. That's not the same for Bilbo. He kept it for 60 years, and even when he left it to Frodo, he was very reluctant and unwilling (he also tried to steal it from him later on and asked Frodo what happened to it on his last journey to the Grey Havens). All this facts clearly state that the Ring did have some negative effects on Bilbo (which openly manifest when he's close to it. Maybe the first part of "Need of the One Ring" may be deleted, and just the Ringhero part may be left^^). Also, making him unable to fight at all would make abilities like "Master Burglar" or "Teaching of the Halflings" too risky to me, because if he's intercepted by weak enemy forces he has no choice than escaping, or using his "Master Burglar" skill to hide, but therefore wasting it. Making him able to throw rocks would give him a very small defense capability (enough to survive few and weak units) but not enough to become a mass slayer (just remember the throw rock deals very little damage^^).  Either way, thank you all for your feedback^^

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #14 am: 27. Okt 2015, 14:09 »
well he should not be a scout i know that maybe he can be a supportive hero and only shear his knowledge of monsters and places in meddle earth and give to a hero som bust of attack on certain monsters like trolls and make him run faster and lvl up a unique way i dont know maybe with the farms if you build farms he will lvl up