[en] Edain Mod > [Edain] Imladris Suggestions

Bilbo, oh Bilbo - What happens to you?

(1/12) > >>

Ealendril der Dunkle:
The big question: What happens to the old Bilbo, after he is no longer available at dwarven realm Erebor? We are open to suggestions, forth with your ideas! ;)

Walküre:
Very evocative and effective title, I would say  ;)

Honestly, I wouldn't personally push myself too far with detailed or definitive suggestions, for now.
I will just say that I would really like to see the Old and well-experienced Bilbo in Rivendell, which is, I think, a more suitable context and environment to live in during his retirement from the boundaries of the World, reflecting on all his dense and dynamic Life and completing his parts of his Book, before the final and ineluctable Journey to the West.

As it exactly happens in the lore, where we only see him again (after the departure of the Fellowship from Rivendell) during the journey through the Shire of the last High Elves headed to the Grey Havens, in ROTK.

Probably, a role as a not playable and supporting hero in the Citadel of Imladris would fit him very well, in my opinion  :)

hoho96:
My though from the earlier thread of Dwarven scout

--- Zitat ---I think he might be used for Imladris this way: you get him from the Hobbit farm (or somewhere else) he is the usual Bilbo. However, he "studies" all the scripts and books of Imladris, so he will be able (maybe make him able to enter library) to provide some spellbook recharge bonus, or a passive exp multiplier for nearby/all heroes.
Basically something related to him, after he finally settled in Imladris, studying all the knowledge and history that is stored there.
--- Ende Zitat ---
Also

--- Zitat ---Come to think about it, the hero exp thing might conflict with Elrond's special power of giving advice  and insight to heroes :/
--- Ende Zitat ---

SO
As I see it there are several options:
_If Bilbo is to go with the "wisdom" and "studies" thing, Elron will have to change some of his abilities.
_Another option is for Bilbo to specialize his support to heroes, and Elron be specialized with a sort of global effects covering all units (ingame nearby units) with minimized or no effect on heroes.

The thing is when Elrond gave his advice and wisdom, he usually though on a more global scale than specifically about certain heroes. Like the fate of Middle Earth as a whole, or what can each race do regarding the war to come,...etc
Bilbo kept it more simple, more personal. After all he's just an honest Hobbit.

_Option three is for Bilbo to be like an upgrade to the Library (like Denethor, or a slave system and he would just wonder around in the castle) where he may enhance certain upgrades one at a time (an active, or a toggled ability).

I don't really wanna see Bilbo in the Hobbit farm as a minor fun hero. Of course his role in WOTR was minor, but he did spend that whole time in Imladris, and probably know about the Elves more than they know about themselves  [ugly]

kai69:
I think it suits him to be in Rivendell, but I dont really know where to place him. If I where to choose between an elf scout and Bilbo as scout, I would prefer the elf, as it fits more to send out an experienced elf than Bilbo who is living peacefully his last days. So I dont really see where to put Bilbo. If there is no other scout hero Bilbo can take that place, but if not I really cannot tell. In the worst scenario add him as a decorative character within the fortress.

WarOfTheRingVeteran:
As I said some time earlier, I'd like to have Bilbo similar to Erestor; a support hero that cannot fight (since he gave the Sting to Frodo, and he's old), and in my opinion it suits Imladris to have more ways of strengthening itself with avoiding any physical conflict (their power points rising concept, for example).

It would be stupid to have two heroes with the same role, eh? Yeah... but it wouldn't be exactly the same according to my suggestion: Let's kick Erestor outta game!!! Hehe, no. It ain't that simple :)

So; I thought Bilbo's new supporting abilities could be designed to improve buildings, upgrades and command points, while Erestor's would be created for units, power points and resources.

Keep in mind, this suggestion could be improved, I know it's not very original :)

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln