19. Mär 2024, 12:57 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Bilbo, oh Bilbo - What happens to you?  (Gelesen 17993 mal)

AndulusOptimus

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Bilbo, oh Bilbo - What happens to you?
« Antwort #30 am: 23. Nov 2015, 15:49 »
Didnt come to read all further suggestions, but I have to say I love DrHouse93's idea, especially the connection to the hobbit farm (boosting the production - which maybe could be implemented a bit further) but also all the other skills. Furthermore I really like the idea with the "need for the one ring", as it would be a unique ability for seeking gollum as the Ringwraiths do it for mordor. Its only fair that one good faction holds kind of the same ability. Further I think old Bilbo definitely is part of the war of the ring, although he is not at the front fighting (is sauron actually?? --> no). And I think DrHouse93 perfectly fitted Bilbos character in the possiblities of the game. Last but not least I have to say Bilbo should neither be a scout hero nor a warrior/mage/... but should be able to defend himself, as he would if he would be under attack. And though he is not the strongest and youngest anymore he has a lot of skills and experience and wisdome which is enough to be at last not defenceless.

All in all a great and interesting poll, looking forward on how old bilbo will be implemented into imladris(?)!

Cheers! AndulusOptimus
« Letzte Änderung: 23. Nov 2015, 16:39 von AndulusOptimus »

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #31 am: 24. Nov 2016, 19:08 »
The only thing I have to add on this subject is to have Old Bilbo do something for buildings. Given that he is writing a book, maybe he can do a special effect on Libraries and also help Loremasters recruit faster. Put him and Erestor on a building and everything should upgrade at super speed.

Or have Old Bilbo replace what Erestor does, and make Erestor more of a fighting hero like what he looks like on Games Workshop.
Outside of Lord of the Rings, I am pretty sure Vengeance of Valdorian & Leoj's Wrath are the best novels I have read.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #32 am: 24. Nov 2016, 20:53 »
Hi Blue Wizard. The general proposal of Old Bilbo being implemented as a 'static' feature (just like Erestor) is not feasible without a quite disturbing bug, which does occur even now in regards of Erestor: having multiple replicas of Bilbo and Erestor as many castles/camps you can dispose of. Yes, as we pretty much all agreed, a supportive role connected to your own base is the proper characterisation for them; only, it really seems that we can't achieve this without the presence of the previously-mentioned implication.

The internal staff has discussed this topic since the very first beginning of Imladris, yet we didn't find the solution to the issue. Very recently, I suggested both the two heroes be made ordinary heroes, whose main abilities should exactly be focused on support within the base. I still have to come up with something more precise, though I really deem this a possible concept to look into: it's true that we might lose Erestor's smart and unique mechanics, but a simplistic concept would maybe result in a successful one. Like Denethor, for example; we lost his past clever mechanics, when he would be active upon the citadel, but we can now play with him without any major problem to care about (some even think that the current system does him true justice now).

Nevertheless, the thread remains still well open. Any new insight will be gladly welcome.

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #33 am: 17. Dez 2016, 05:51 »
To Diewalkure, I like the idea of Erestor and Old Bilbo, being more Denethor like. But do we really need Old Bilbo in the first place? I mean he is good for upgrades and stuff on buildings, but that should be it.

Erestor I could see being a more aggressive character and fighter. I really don't know what everyone is looking for. But I feel Erestor should be his own hero with unique abilities. I mean, ET could even include Lindir as well.

I know that is a little off topic but I guess I don't really have a good answer for this. Only thing I would say is make Bilbo a hero that does nothing but upgrade buildings, make Erestor a unique hero that is either a tank, hero killer, or mass slayer, and make Lindir another hero that upgrades buildings. That is what I would suggest, take it as you will but I have no further comment or thoughts on this matter sadly.
Outside of Lord of the Rings, I am pretty sure Vengeance of Valdorian & Leoj's Wrath are the best novels I have read.

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #34 am: 17. Dez 2016, 07:36 »
Zitat
Erestor I could see being a more aggressive character and fighter. I really don't know what everyone is looking for. But I feel Erestor should be his own hero with unique abilities.
make Erestor a unique hero that is either a tank, hero killer, or mass slayer, and make Lindir another hero that upgrades buildings. That is what I would suggest, take it as you will but I have no further comment or thoughts on this matter sadly.

Zitat
In The Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game, Erestor is equipped with two Ñoldorin daggers, suggesting that he is one of the Ñoldor.

I smell good scout hero with Mass Slayer capabilities that replace current scout hero which is an Archer . Give him Legolas knive fighter animation and we can try to develop new abilities for Erestor from previous versions of Edain + ideas that fits such hero .

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #35 am: 17. Dez 2016, 16:03 »
 Slawek56703 I could totally get behind this. In all honesty,  Gildor Inglorian ran off a nazgul, in this mod, I don't get the sense that Gildor could run off Pippin or Merry, which is a total downplay of his character.

I think Erestor or Lindir could be a good scout hero, the only problem I see with Erestor being a scout hero is that it downplays his role as a counselor in the books. But like you said and games workshop has done, the two daggers are important and he is a noldor.

So to conclude would say that Erestor is more of a scout hero than Gildor, but Lindir could fulfill this role as well. I am for whoever brings Gildor out of his non-canonical role.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #36 am: 17. Dez 2016, 21:03 »
To Diewalkure, I like the idea of Erestor and Old Bilbo, being more Denethor like. But do we really need Old Bilbo in the first place? I mean he is good for upgrades and stuff on buildings, but that should be it.

Yes, that's in fact the role I would like him to be appointed. A definitely minor role, yet even a secondary role has a quite indicative and evocative meaning, since Bilbo is a too much relevant of a character to be left out in any way (in my opinion). I don't really mind details, as long as we see him again in the game. His model already exists and the Edain Team has already been provided with the proper sound set.

Regarding Erestor and Lindir, I think it should be better if Erestor only remained a stable hero of the faction. I don't despise Lindir at all, but the character is completely fictional and basically serves as a counterpart of Erestor in the Hobbit trilogy (Erestor's sounds in the game are exactly the lines of Lindir in AUJ). Certainly, a Denethor-like Erestor is to have his role a bit expanded indeed. I agree with you about that.

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #37 am: 17. Dez 2016, 23:16 »
Diewalkure. I am glad we are in agreement. So Old Bilbo for upgrades and Erestor to be more Denethor like. I agree with you, however, Lindir is from the book LOTR Fellowship of the Ring.

Don't believe me? http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Lindir

Check that link to see. But I do agree Lindir isn't needed. I prefer a Erestor with Lindir quotes and cool abilities.

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #38 am: 17. Dez 2016, 23:54 »
Yes, Erestor should be more Denethor-like, provided that his range of action remains well within the safe defences of the castle/camp (what about abilities that focus on the defence of buildings?). Or in another case, Erestor, as the librarian of Rivendell, could retain his role as building supporter, as long as his knowledge focuses 'only' on the upgrades of the Library and the ones of the Eregion Forge (that is, upgrades that relate to the lost arts of the Noldor). Bilbo could convey his energies into economic upgrades.

EDIT: Thank you for having clarified the presence of Lindir in the lore. I didn't know he was a canonical character from the books.
« Letzte Änderung: 17. Dez 2016, 23:57 von DieWalküre »

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #39 am: 18. Dez 2016, 01:30 »
Diewalkure, lore is my specialty. It is what I bring to the table.

Now what do we have to do on this discussion to get ET to notice our discussion and hopefully get our ideas implemented?

Walküre

• Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #40 am: 18. Dez 2016, 02:08 »
Now what do we have to do on this discussion to get ET to notice our discussion and hopefully get our ideas implemented?

The Edain Team reads most of the proposals posted here. We just have to wait for a response (and it's not necessarily certain that there will be one) or we can polish the suggestion even more; while waiting for answers, other people might come and provide their own views. Nevertheless, all these eventualities keep the thread under the spotlight. The mechanics of MU help a lot in this sense, as any new reply makes the topic relevant.

dkbluewizard

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #41 am: 18. Dez 2016, 02:43 »
Okay Diewalkure, thanks for the input. I guess I'll wait now.

Bilbo Backings

• Bilbos Festgast
  • "Bombur slept on with a smile on his fat face"
« Antwort #42 am: 27. Jan 2017, 01:24 »
Hello friends,
I also have an idea for old Bilbo. After reading the discussion here about whether or not Bilbo should be freely movable and whether he should be fighting or buffing the economy or buildings or heroes I thought about what Bilbo is actually doing in the books in Rivendell. And overall I would say he rests.
So why not link Bilbo to the resting place? The resting place is in my opinion this leisurely place in Imladris where Bilbo would probably spend some time reading, singing and writing. And since he is a guest in a place full of marvelous noldorians he would (with all respect) more hinder than help in any other of Imladris´s buildings. And the resting place would be the perfect spot to use some of the awesome abilities centered around hospitallity and arts you guys proposed.

The resting place opens a whole book of possibilites. It could just be the place from which Bilbo for example buffs the hobbit farms but with Edain 4.5 and the coming siege changes Bilbo could "cast" powerfully buffs to the resting place, which for example drastically improve the leadership and health regeneration for a short period of time to fend off attackers, but after the spell faded the resting place doesn´t give any bonuses for a while.

My proposal for Bilbo:
*Make him recruitable in the resting place. When he is recruited he is placed in the resting place like the Twins were placed in the Eregion forge in 3.81. If you order him out of the resting place or it is destroyed he can´t use his abilities (he also can´t fight at all) and you can move him slowly around (I like the idea of using Gandalf the darks animation) or into another resting place.

*When recuited he is level 10 and gets all his abilities, so he should cost a considerable amount of ressources (like 1000 res or smth)

*1. Bilbos presence. Passive. Bilbos joyful and pleasant nature makes the resting place a far more comfortable place. -  Boosts the leadership from +20% armor and attack to +25%. Adds -10% hero recruitment reducting cost (So that you only need 3 resting places for the full bonus) And maybe boost the healing rate a liddle.

*2.Legendary Stories and fairy tales. - Passive: After a long day of work the hobbit farmers eagerly anticipate Bilbos stories. -  +5% res production on hobbit farms
                                                           - When activated on a single farm: In times of need the hobbits still  remember Bilbos stories of adventure and they awake the Tuc-blood in some of them. - The amount of hobbits defending the farm doubles. They get +25% armor and +50% attack for a short period of time (for example 25 seconds). But the farm won´t produce resources double the time of the spells duration (so for example 50 seconds).  -  (This spell should give you the abilitiy to fend off a small harrassments by weaker units and damage a stronger one at the cost of resources)

*3.Deep conversation. In a deep conversation about past adventures and poetry Bilbo lifts the burdens of responsibility and sorrows in his counterpart. His counterpart receives a clear mind and can now fight stronger than ever. - Sends friendly hero into the resting place to join Bilbo for a minute. (The hero is now in the resting place and off the battlefield) After this time the hero returns with improved combat stats which last for example 3 minutes. Like for example 15% more damage and armor, but I am not an balance expert :) (Easter egg: When you send  Ring hero Elrond in there is a 5% chance that Bilbo snatches the Ring and becomes evil Bilbo :D

*4.Elbereth song Edit: Should be Earendil poem (thx @NetoD20 for inspiration) - Bilbos recite his poem of praise for Earendil in times of need. It touches the hearts of the elven soldiers and motivates them to accomplish great tasks. - Friendly soldiers in the fortress gain a drastically better version of the resting place bonus for a short time (like 50% armor and attack) and in combat healing. After that Bilbo is exhausted and his resting place gives no bonuses for some time at all. This ability has of course a long cooldown.

*5.Going on an last adventure Bilbo leaves the resting place

-Note that english isn´t my mothers tonque so if you like my Bilbo proposal feel free to give my abilities badass names.

Hoped you liked my version of old Bilbo or that I at least inspired you a little bit.

Grettings
Bilbo Bakings

« Letzte Änderung: 7. Feb 2024, 17:56 von Bilbo Backings »
"Now is the time for our esteemed Mr. Baggins, who has proved himself a good companion on our long road, and a hobbit full of courage and resource far exceeding his size, and if I may say so possessed of good luck far exceeding the usual allowance--now is the time for him to perform the service for which he was included in our Company, now is the time for him to earn his Reward." Thorin Oakenshield - JRR. Tolkien: The Hobbit p. 246

Ectheldir

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #43 am: 27. Jan 2017, 17:22 »
I actually really like this last proposal (maybe some numbers would have to be tweaked, but I'm also no expert at that.
Only thing I'm wondering is: What is his last ability for?

Bilbo Backings

• Bilbos Festgast
  • "Bombur slept on with a smile on his fat face"
« Antwort #44 am: 27. Jan 2017, 17:35 »
Thank you for your support :D
The last power should just make it possible to relocate Bilbo without destroying the resting place. Also maybe some people want to move him around for mere amusement, so I fought it would be a good idea.
Probably you could reposition Bilbo with a different feature though and we would have another space for a power in his palantir.
"Now is the time for our esteemed Mr. Baggins, who has proved himself a good companion on our long road, and a hobbit full of courage and resource far exceeding his size, and if I may say so possessed of good luck far exceeding the usual allowance--now is the time for him to perform the service for which he was included in our Company, now is the time for him to earn his Reward." Thorin Oakenshield - JRR. Tolkien: The Hobbit p. 246