20. Apr 2024, 01:41 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: A place for C orsairs 8-|  (Gelesen 3235 mal)

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • I can do quite a bit of coding myself :P
A place for C orsairs 8-|
« am: 29. Okt 2015, 06:09 »
So, I was just thinking.. And I got an idea for how the Corsairs of Umbar may be implemented..

But, before I mention the idea, let's take a look at how the balance of the corsairs is:

Stats.
Health: 400
Melee damage: Same as Gondor soldiers (only no forged blades)
Ranged damage: Something balanced and not op
Speed: 70

Now, the idea of how they get added :D

What if mordor could build a tavern on a settlement (Like cirith ungol)                                      It would probably cost 400, and it would be  able to buy corsairs of umbar  :P

But that's not it :D 

It would have a unique upgrade.                                                                                              The unique upgrade is this:                                                                                                     Once the tavern reaches level 3, the tavern will gain a  new ability 

Called "Plunder 'em all"

Once this is active, for 30 seconds, all corsairs will steal resources whenever they hit enemy units/buildings.                                                                                                            Note, this will only affect Corsairs of umbar :P 

What do you think? :D :D                                                                             
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Okt 2015, 06:14 von ™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™ »
Sup :P

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
Re: A place for C orsairs 8-|
« Antwort #1 am: 29. Okt 2015, 08:50 »
Yay, Mordor suggestion!!

I like the idea of being able to recruit corsairs of Umbar because they are an important part of Mordor's forces. Especially considering that Mordor was the only faction apart from the elves to have a strong navy.

However, the problem is that Mordor has sooooo many buildings already, anymore would unbalance the game. If it is however implemented I would recommend that is either added or replaces another building from the outpost. I really like what was done on the outposts using other models for the outposts to show really that it was not the center of their power. The same could be done with the Corsairs of Umbar using the old model for BFME 2 and tweaking it a bit to show their role has being more minor.

Anyway, just my thoughts on the subject
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #2 am: 29. Okt 2015, 10:02 »
Yay, Mordor suggestion!!

I like the idea of being able to recruit corsairs of Umbar because they are an important part of Mordor's forces. Especially considering that Mordor was the only faction apart from the elves to have a strong navy.

However, the problem is that Mordor has sooooo many buildings already, anymore would unbalance the game. If it is however implemented I would recommend that is either added or replaces another building from the outpost. I really like what was done on the outposts using other models for the outposts to show really that it was not the center of their power. The same could be done with the Corsairs of Umbar using the old model for BFME 2 and tweaking it a bit to show their role has being more minor.

Anyway, just my thoughts on the subject
                                                                                                                                   I see your point :/                                                                                                                  Perhaps, all mordor ships can come with one battalion of Corsairs on them?                        Just like the mumakil in bfme2 (with the haradrim lancers).             
Is that plausible?

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #3 am: 29. Okt 2015, 15:19 »
Personally, I'd would rather see the Corsairs of Umbar in a future Men of the South/Men of the East/Evil Men/Fallen Realms combined style faction that will come inevitably :P.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #4 am: 29. Okt 2015, 19:29 »
Zitat
Personally, I'd would rather see the Corsairs of Umbar in a future Men of the South/Men of the East/Evil Men/Fallen Realms combined style faction that will come inevitably :P.
Totally agree with that!

Also, I don't really think that just adding a new barracks building is in any way in appropriate way of including the corsairs. Especially considering how the other men of the east are included currently. Another point (and definitely not the last or most importat) is that Mordor doesn't really need this unit: Currently they are a very LG-heavy faction with already has a vast number of different units. They seriously don't need a raiding unit and they don't have a situation like Isengard where real troops are only available after an upgrade.

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 29. Okt 2015, 20:18 »

+1  :)

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #6 am: 30. Okt 2015, 07:41 »
I've made this topic to start brainstorming ways of adding  corsairs to mordor :D
I got another idea:
How about adding a building to the settlements called Loot house. It would produce no resources (at the start), And it would have one ability. The ability to summon two battalions of corsairs, and Castimir (Or whatever his name is). For a limited time (probably two minutes) ( and the cool down of the ability could be 3 minutes), And every time any of these summoned corsairs (Or the hero) destroy an enemy building, The loot house produces +5 to 15 resources (Depending on the building). The max amount of resources is 120. (And the loot house is limited to 1).The building could probably cost 250.
That is my 3rd idea on adding corsairs. :)                               
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Okt 2015, 09:49 von hoho96 »