28. Apr 2024, 05:58 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Gandalf the gray to gandalf the white  (Gelesen 8385 mal)

AndulusOptimus

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Gandalf the gray to gandalf the white
« Antwort #15 am: 23. Nov 2015, 16:27 »
Dear friends, Edain companions, guests and striding strangers,

concerning Gandalf the White I need to add another basic thought. I often read that there wont be further changes in his abilities. That is okay for now, though I also do not like that "the Gray" has the same abilities as "the White", who himself says in the book (not in the movie) that he now (after his return as the white) is the greatest of all beeings in middleearth apart of Sauron. But for a basic change I would like to see the palantir ability "Gandalf the White" not in the second raw but in the third! Wooww-- okay, okay wait, let me explain:

1) First of all Gandalf in comparison to Saruman changes his beeing and appearance much later (Saruman: First book; Gandalf: Second book). As for the ability which makes Saruman to Saruman of many colours, which is placed at the right spot in the second raw of the isengard palantir abilities, Gondors ability "Gandalf the white" is placed at exactly the same spot - quite to early - which is not lore friendly so to say.

2) The ability "Gandalf the White" only grants him a 50% magical damage bonus and a 25% faster skill regenration. The ability "Saruman of many colours" has exactly the same effects only that he also got additional 50% resistance to magical damage. First of all thats not fair and second its just not right, as Saruman the White and later Saruman of many colours is of course, as we all know stronger then Gandalf the Grey but when Gandalf turns to the White he overcomes Sarumans power and is the highest of the istari (--> "Saruman, your staff is broken" krrkkskss...).

3) While I was also thinking of ideas about making the two abilities more different from one and another (maybe Saruman of many colours becomes weeker then Saruman the white but therefore gets a special faction/economy bonus or his voice is stronger but not his other powers which get weeker --> topic for another poll maybe) I think that the "Gandalf the White" ability should grant more bonuses then isengards saruman ability. But also Gandalf the grey should be significantly weeker in the beginning. And then you really look forward for coming to the third raw of Gondors palantir abilities, when you can call the White to return! (I also liked DrHouse93's idea that Gandalf the grey has to die first)

What do you think my friends?
Cheers! Andulus Optimus
« Letzte Änderung: 23. Nov 2015, 16:36 von AndulusOptimus »

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #16 am: 23. Nov 2015, 17:36 »
I might reply to this  concept of yours more thoroughly, but now just for one point: "Saruman of Many Colours" does indeed grant larger boni, however Gandalf does profit at lot more from increased magic damage. Keep in mind that two of Sarumans spells are of supportive or indirect nature and therefore aren't amplified by higher magic damage. In comparison 4 out of 5 of Gandalf's spells deal direct damage, so this bonus is massively stronger on him.

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #17 am: 23. Nov 2015, 23:06 »
well my  idea is more like to change gandalf the gray make him a lil bit Different and weaker in skills than gandalf the white