14. Mai 2024, 19:58 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Options for the Iron Ballista, from BotFA Extended Edition

Add in the ballista, exactly as it appears in the film, alongside current catapult?
Add in the ballista without the chains, alongside current catapult, make it deal high single target damage?
Replace current catapult with ballista?
Don't add ballista at all?
Have ballista summonable by a hero?

Autor Thema: New Iron Hills Unique Siege Weapon  (Gelesen 36373 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: New Iron Hills Unique Siege Weapon
« Antwort #105 am: 4. Nov 2015, 22:04 »
I wish you luck!
Your last similar efforts had great results, I hope same now. :)

Indeed my friend your efforts were if immense help I hold fingers crossed this time to be so too! :-)

I wish you luck too, Fredius, yours was indeed a great contribution  ;)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #106 am: 4. Nov 2015, 22:07 »
Hahaha thanks guys really, you give me too much credit! It was you guys who brainstormed about these ideas the most, and wrote whole essays to perfect them. Such efforts cannot be ignored in my opinion xD! But thanks for your kindness, this motivates me to keep on translating :).

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #107 am: 4. Nov 2015, 22:13 »
question: do you WANT to do that translation (to improve your german for example) or will you do it because it´s a "need".

it won´t take more then 5 minutes for a native speaker, but I don´t want to detain you from your german lessons, if it´s the case  ;)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #108 am: 4. Nov 2015, 22:26 »
Well I do it because I think this is the best way to involve the German community with the English ideas, and because I very much like some of the ideas here and the chance to get them in game will be greater when more people can see and judge about it. The Ered Mithrin idea received a lot of support from the German community, as well as the English community, so that's why I think the Edain Team implemented them in the mod.

Ofcourse a native speaker will translate it within 5 minutes; I don't take much time either no worries, especially since this idea is not so big as the Ered Mithrin idea was, but obviously I'm not so fast and good as a native speaker. If you, for example, would like to help with translating suggestions then that would be great ofcourse!

And yes, I also do it to not let me forget the German language, since I don't speak it so much anymore as I used to :D.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #109 am: 6. Nov 2015, 18:18 »
May I suggest to make new Poll since the current one seems like frozen and the First and Last Option are winning with small edge for the First !I think a Poll with only those two Options will help spread the Votes and get us a winner! :-)
What you think about that mates!? :-)
Greetings! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #110 am: 6. Nov 2015, 18:30 »
I don't think that would be fair to the people who voted for the other options. I would rather keep it the way it is so we have a record of who wants what.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #111 am: 6. Nov 2015, 18:45 »
I see! :-) No problem my friend,just an idea! :-) Let's hope more people will Vote in Future! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #112 am: 6. Nov 2015, 18:47 »
I don't think that would be fair to the people who voted for the other options. I would rather keep it the way it is so we have a record of who wants what.

I agree with Elite KryPtik, Dáin.

This poll will remain as a statement for the ET, clearly showing that the majority of the people who voted supported the implementation of the ballistas in the Iron Hills (the ways via which they could be implemented is still matter of the debate)  :)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #113 am: 6. Nov 2015, 18:54 »
Main problem is popularity.   xD
This topic should be advertised a bit more, maybe on modb, so we could get more votes.
Some homework for our moderator.  :P

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #114 am: 6. Nov 2015, 19:27 »
agree with crag lord And Awesome suggestion

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #115 am: 6. Nov 2015, 20:37 »
I don't think its the moderators responsibility to "Advertise" anything. If anything, that responsibility would fall to me, and frankly I can't be bothered. Dwarves aren't my favorite faction(Rohan is, obviously :P), I just made this suggestion off-handedly as a fun little idea, I never expected it to reach 100+ replies. If somebody wants to try and bring people to the thread they can feel free, but its nobodies job to do it.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #116 am: 6. Nov 2015, 20:56 »
I understood you are pretty objective person, but this was also a joke between Walk and me. Walk is one of the most active members on modb (and well known there) in same time so I  have presumed he could do this. :)
After all this is matter of good will (it is not consuming time job) so anyone could do this, but I know Walk is the most influenced there among us.

P.S. I have never told it is moderator or anyone else duty or job, I have just suggested it for good reasons. Simple we need more votes and opinions here if we want to change something about this matter, no matter you have suggested it off-handedly. Similar topics about balista have been created before, so this is good chance to finally do something about this.

Regards

« Letzte Änderung: 6. Nov 2015, 21:04 von CragLord »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #117 am: 6. Nov 2015, 20:57 »
I don't think its the moderators responsibility to "Advertise" anything. If anything, that responsibility would fall to me, and frankly I can't be bothered. Dwarves aren't my favorite faction(Rohan is, obviously :P), I just made this suggestion off-handedly as a fun little idea, I never expected it to reach 100+ replies. If somebody wants to try and bring people to the thread they can feel free, but its nobodies job to do it.

True, it's not exactly one of my duties, but, don't worry, it's not really something demanding; just a sort of 'usual procedure' in the English Forum  :)
Many great ideas managed to attract the interest of many other people via specific 'announcements' on ModDB; and, since I am one of the Moderators of this forum, supposed to be known by the majority of the people that are active both on ModDB and here, my activity as a 'guide' of discussions rightly fits this task.

Anyway, I had not posted anything before, because, as you may have noticed from the statement of Lord of Mordor, there was a debate among the Moderators about the recent usage of polls.
That's why I had to take time and make sure that this poll would have been a really useful opportunity; and, I have to say, you (all the people involved in this topic) were the ones who definitely used the function of the poll in the best and most suitable way one could expect.

You have been focused from the beginning on being the clearest and most explanatory possible, making sure that there were solid proposals and thoughtful reasons before starting this poll  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 6. Nov 2015, 21:15 von DieWalküre »

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #118 am: 6. Nov 2015, 21:44 »
Ah, here is another example of my misunderstanding your intent because English is not your first language :( To me, your post looked demanding and slightly rude Crag, so I apologize for my somewhat firm response.

As for drawing people here, I would welcome it, more votes is always better :)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #119 am: 6. Nov 2015, 22:00 »
No problem at all Elite. ;)

Misunderstanding knows to be very serious problem (happened to me many times sadly...) sometimes, but  forum gives that time gap for answer which is good thing in those situations. :)

I honestly think this topic present nice chance to finally do something about this balista matter. Similar  balistas suggestions were suggested many times over and I would personally like we finally get some results about it. Because I wrote that in first place.  xD

P.S. Happy birthday mate! :)

Kind regards
« Letzte Änderung: 6. Nov 2015, 22:03 von CragLord »