22. Mai 2024, 04:54 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Options for the Iron Ballista, from BotFA Extended Edition

Add in the ballista, exactly as it appears in the film, alongside current catapult?
Add in the ballista without the chains, alongside current catapult, make it deal high single target damage?
Replace current catapult with ballista?
Don't add ballista at all?
Have ballista summonable by a hero?

Autor Thema: New Iron Hills Unique Siege Weapon  (Gelesen 36567 mal)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Re: New Iron Hills Unique Siege Weapon
« Antwort #60 am: 2. Nov 2015, 10:56 »
Well Soldiers IRL are really well synchroned too!But that aside lets jsut leave it to use of CGI and continue on topic please! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #61 am: 2. Nov 2015, 11:12 »
I also stated, that books and movies are different forms of presenting a Story. If you are such a wise Person, tell me, how the Elves should be introduced in the second movies without a greater loss of Screen time and understanding of the ordinary audience ?
What you said about trolls and orcs is absolutely not comparable because there is no story reference.
The Elven Helm's Deep plot has a huge Story reference. It tries to connect events and factions which got a lot of screentime in the first movie.
Those parts do not stand  besides each other incoherently and differently than in the Hobbit Trilogy the connection makes sense and does not thow every bounds to the Tolkien world and books away (like f.e. the Angmar-Erebor Plot Connection does).

Perhaps not introduce them at all? Because it's not true to the lore? Look I loved the adition of the Elves in the siege, but you can't justify your hate for certain aspects in the Hobbit and justify the same flaws in LOTR.

And yes the Trolls and Orcs are absolutely comparable. The Trolls were, like Lorien, introduced in the first movie. And the Trolls returned in the Third (In lotr the Elves returned in the second movie). To me it's the same idea.

That story reference doesn't justify anything, it's still lore-bashing; it's something people hate most about the Hobbit movies. The battle of the Last Alliance is not called for nothing "The LAST alliance". And you never answered about the death of Haldir, can you justify that?

Zitat
Everything Thranduils clones do is synchronous: Marching, Standing, reloading and firing arrows. NO Group of archers look and act like this. Watch "clout Shooting" Videos and you will realize this. Differntly than in Lotr where you do see that Elves are acted by real People and that they do not have this Kind of moving and acting.
There is a difference between disciplined acting and artifical synchronous acting.
It is not about hating, but inconsistency.

Have you seen Russian soldiers marching in the Red Square during Victory Parade? Same synchronicy as the Elves, so nothing unrealistic about it, it's just plain discipline.

Sorry Dain but some things I just can't let go and accept :P.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #62 am: 2. Nov 2015, 11:18 »
NO problem m yfriend I agree with you so... :D

And as I said and yo ugave example with the Russina Army,same her I ahve seen many tiem Osldiers Marching in almost 100% synchron so not so unrealistvi on that part! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

(Palland)Raschi

• Turmwache
  • Fanatiker sind unbeständige Freunde
« Antwort #63 am: 2. Nov 2015, 11:33 »
Zitat
Have you seen Russian soldiers marching in the Red Square during Victory Parade? Same synchronicy as the Elves, so nothing unrealistic about it, it's just plain discipline

Do you know the difference between battle formation and parade ?
Obviously not.

And after this Little hint I stop going into OT further. Therfore this is the last comment on that Topic although I would like to reply to Fredius comment.

Edit: I think I made my humble opinion clear: No Ballista for the dwarves at all.
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Nov 2015, 11:42 von (Palland)Raschi »
MfG Raschi

[Jedwede rechtliche Äußerung, Kommentierung oder Information über PM oder öffentlichen Beitrag von meiner Seite stellt lediglich eine reine Gefälligkeit dar und erfolgt ohne jeglichen Rechtsbindungswille.]

Ohne Schuld verfasst einen Forumsbeitrag, wer beim Abfassen eines Beitrags wegen einer krankhaften seelischen Störung, wegen einer tiefgreifenden Bewusstseinsstörung oder wegen Schwachsinns oder einer schweren anderen seelischen Abartigkeit unfähig ist, die Verletzung der Forenregeln einzusehen oder nach dieser Einsicht zu handeln.

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #64 am: 2. Nov 2015, 12:18 »
An army can choose to even march during battle into synchonized formations, there is nothing wrong with that.

But yeah back on topic.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #65 am: 2. Nov 2015, 12:55 »
So now any new ideas about  the Ballsta or we should make a summarize post with one united idea and may be start a Poll or jsut suggest that Main Post to the Team!? :)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #66 am: 2. Nov 2015, 13:33 »
Yes I think we already have summarized all possible ideas. The ideas who came the most are:

- Having both the Ballista and Catapult as siege weapons.
- The Ballista will be the main siege weapon, and the Catapult will be removed.
- The Ballista becoming only a Fortress Expansion.
- Having no Ballista at all and everything remains as it is.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #67 am: 2. Nov 2015, 14:10 »
I am very delighted that the Dwarven Section is now really 'alive' and dynamic, showing that the 'matter' really interests and attracts people's opinions and proposals.
However, although these matters inevitably and partially deal with the heated debate about the Hobbit Trilogy and the Edain Mod, I suggest again everyone remain on topic as accurately as one could, to make the discussion definitely easier to follow  :)

So, given that the general principles of this proposal have been exhaustively expressed, I think that a poll might be opened to understand directly what the Edain Community thinks.

Obviously, if anyone has other elements that need to be stated, the thread will remain open to other suggestions.
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Nov 2015, 14:13 von DieWalküre »

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #68 am: 2. Nov 2015, 15:06 »
Well to continue on the topic of polls, should I also make a German translated version of the poll, so that the German community can also decide what they'd like?

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #69 am: 2. Nov 2015, 15:15 »
i think thats a good idea

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #70 am: 2. Nov 2015, 15:22 »
I think it will be good and fair to make a Poll in German Forum too!
But I would also add the idea which me abd Melkor talked about the Triple Catapult being Fortress Upgrade and the Ballista Siege Weapon with "Chain Bolt" Upgrade which will give it bigger role and Ammunition Swap feature! :-)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #71 am: 2. Nov 2015, 15:55 »
Yes sorry I forgot that one xD.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #72 am: 2. Nov 2015, 16:01 »
What if only one poll were established (here)?
The German Community will read and consult all the various different reasons in Fredius' translation; then, it will be redirected here, to give its vote.

I think that two different polls might fragment the discussion a bit.
Not to mention that everyone could express a double vote here and on the German version, while others won't.
« Letzte Änderung: 2. Nov 2015, 16:07 von DieWalküre »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #73 am: 2. Nov 2015, 16:08 »
No need to be sorry it was quite confusing discussion  [uglybunti]
I think Walkure is right! :-) It will be netter with one Poll for bjtth Communities if Fredius of course wants to translate! :-)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #74 am: 2. Nov 2015, 16:41 »
Sure, can someone make a summary of the reasons why we should use the Iron Ballista? (i.e. that it makes them unique). I'll translate it and put it in the German threads.