23. Apr 2024, 08:41 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Dwarven Pipers  (Gelesen 1995 mal)

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
Dwarven Pipers
« am: 31. Okt 2015, 21:54 »
Since Lórien has chanteuses, I thought the Dwarves could get something similar: The Pipers! Like this: http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/members/1/762/761504/thumb_620x2000/Iron_Hills_Piper.jpg

If Edain doesn't like the design, make your own if you want; not important.

They would have a bit different role than chanteuses; they would have the same leadership bonus when their ability is activated as the hearths on the battle wagons have. Under condition that wagons can't get hearths anymore, for balance reasons.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Re: Dwarven Pipers
« Antwort #1 am: 31. Okt 2015, 21:57 »
I had an idea bout them long time ago and even talked with few guys about it but I think Edain wil lnever like such a thing! :)
It is too much not Dwarven looking I guess! :)
Altghough it would ahve been fun to have them! :)

If someon shows interest I coudl share my crazy idea here too! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #2 am: 31. Okt 2015, 22:01 »
Zitat
If Edain doesn't like the design, make your own if you want; not important.
IF this would be implemented - how long untill at least 6 threads are opened demanding the movie design??

Zitat
Since Lórien has chanteuses, I thought the Dwarves could get something similar
answer: uniqueness!
Edain tries to make every faction unique. The elven girls are unique about Lorien, so why give something similar to another faction which does not necessarily need it (from gameplay reasons)?

Zitat
Under condition that wagons can't have hearths anymore, for balance reasons.
Main use of battlewaggons is hearths and banners. If you remove one - why not remove battlewaggons at all? Because they are unique...

Skeeverboy

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • Bankai Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
« Antwort #3 am: 31. Okt 2015, 22:03 »
Sry, but I don't like the Idea, because...

1. It is a doubling to the unique chanteuses.

2. What is the different?
Zitat
They would have a different role than chanteuses; they would have the same leadership bonus when their ability is activated as the hearths on the battle wagons have.

3. The dwarvens don't need such a unit.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #4 am: 31. Okt 2015, 22:06 »
Agree with you guys!

And to me it really doesnt feel so Dwarvish like whole!
Although I regret PJ do not givin IHs a Horn Sound :D
 But I really do not see the pipers so good for the Dwarves,although the Pipe is the most traditional music instrument in my Country :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."