5. Mai 2024, 13:32 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Unique Upgrade and some cosmetic change for Ram Mount!  (Gelesen 4529 mal)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Hello to all Edain Companions! :-)

Now I have said I wad leaving and have been absent for a while due to some personal life problems which I fortunately I got lucky and they were fixed and everything is fine for now and I hope they will never return again! :-)

Now I see that yet again Edain Team listened to their fans and added the popular this days Ram Riders of which I myself am big fan too ,as a new and very unique and awesome idea as a Scouts for Iron Hills which will become Cavalry in Late Game,simply put another genius implantation! :-)

And I have come with an very Unique Upgrade idea for this Special and Unique Scout/Cavalry Unit ! :-)
Since Ram Riders will not have a Shield Upgrade like for instance Rohan and Gondor Cavalry has, they can get and Upgrade for the Ram Mount rather than the Riders!That Upgrade can be called "Battle Armor" which will have high price in the Forge something like 1200 and then Upgrade on the unit itself it can cost 900 without any.cost reduction! :-) That Chest Armor will give some small Bonus Armor against Spears thats all instead of the Shields of other Good Factions which give Bonus against Arrows! :-)

The Armor can have the Design from the WETA Concept Art here....

And some small cosmetic change to the Current Ram Armor I suggest is to add the Gold/Yellow Lines on the Edges of the Armor and may be some more Details on the Armor as seen on the Picture above !Small details.but they will sure make the Models feel more complete to my eyes at least!And may be the Pointy Thing they have on their Forehead which is probably for some extra DMG when charging with Heads Down! :-)

I hope you like the idea,I really think will be good and balanced and will give the Rams more Unique feeling! :-)

Greetings to all and all feedback is welcome! :-)
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Okt 2015, 07:47 von hoho96 »
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
Re: Unique Upgrade and some cosmetic change for Ram Mount!
« Antwort #1 am: 28. Okt 2015, 06:31 »
I think it's a great idea, as it will give the Team an opportunity to implement the movie armor without removing the current design of Ram Riders  :).

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #2 am: 28. Okt 2015, 08:02 »
I'm not so sure i like it, for gameplay reasons.
An upgrade for only an elite unit that you can only have 3 of? Feels kind of waist.
I don't recall any single upgrade in any faction that works only on 3 of the same single unit out of the whole faction.

Moreover this will make the RR very expensive and will require them to be OP in exchange.
First you pay for the scout rider, then for the actual RR battalion  (which mind you is not the cheapest), then you have all the upgrades that are shared with the whole faction,  AND then 1200 for even more armor + 900 to upgrade each unit?!
By this point they now cost more than the Black Riders, Morgul Riders, Royal Riders, Dol Amroth Knights, and every single cavalry unit in the game... which is understandably insane  [ugly]

A good solution is just to make this cosmetic changes to the armor after the armor upgrade.
As i see it, Dwarves is still an infantry faction, and 3 elite RR doesn't mean it needs special upgrades like more cav focused factions of Rohan and Gondor.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #3 am: 28. Okt 2015, 09:26 »
Hoho96 has a point!! Well ma ythe prices can be smaller and as I said the Armor will give jsut small Bonus not to make them OP! :)

But indeed I have thought of a different Solution too,it is possible that when you Upgrade the Riders with Heavy Armor the Rams to get that Armor as may be just Visul Change!!I think this can be pretty acceptable and will not impact the Game Play but will rather just make the Ram Riders visually better ! :)

Hre you can see about what Yellow/Gold part I am talking which can be on the Chest Plate too and the Forehead Thing too....

Also another thing is that I think the Ram Riders should get Spears,because Axes are not so convinient for Riders with short Reach and Range as Dwarves and will look better I think! :) Anoth thign is that the Original 3 Scouts can get a Different Weapoon to make them Standout as Captains of Their Unit or better and skillful Warriors by wielding more complicated and hard to use Weapon as the one I Surrounded in Red on the Picture te Iron Hills Mattock! :) I tihnk it wil lmake the look different than the Regular Iron Hills Soldiers and they willook tougher than their Riders too! :)

Greetings to all! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #4 am: 28. Okt 2015, 10:00 »
^^I agree, Ram Riders should get spears, I found it a bit strange that they used axes which shouldn't have been so convenient  xD

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #5 am: 28. Okt 2015, 12:51 »
Axes and swords work best during close combat, but I believe the Rams are designed to play the role of shocktroops, who deliver great damage during charges. Therefore, lances are the best choice for weapons. On top of that, the horns of the rams make the charges even more deadlier. I believe that the Ram Riders should excel at delivering crushing damage, but become pretty weak during close combat.

Medieval knights were feared because of their heavy charges, which they mostly used lances for. In medieval times they were the equivalent of today's tanks.
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Okt 2015, 13:09 von Fredius »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #6 am: 28. Okt 2015, 13:20 »
Fredius has stated out some really logical and good Midieval Warfare facts which I agree on! :)

As I sadi Spears seems more apropriate Weapon Choice for the Ram Riders! :) But as I said I think that the Scouts/Captains that Summon the Battalions should use different Weapon to,so that we may distinguish them from the Regular IHs Soldiers ahd show their Supirior Skill in Combat! :) It will make them more Unique and interesting to play! :)

About the Ram Riders I tihnk they should have some kind of Knockback DMG when they Charge the Enemies to break thier Formation but once they get into Close Combat they should be half as strong,or plainly said weaker than when they Charge to Balance them and show the nature of their Rides too! :)

P.S. Fredius what you think about the Visual Changes!? :)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #7 am: 28. Okt 2015, 13:27 »
Well as I also am a fan of the movie look, I'm fully supporting your ideas my friend :)! Even so; the armor will give them a bit more chance to survive against enemy units when in close combat, and don't become a waste of resources.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #8 am: 28. Okt 2015, 13:32 »
Glad that you like it! :) And even if it doesnt give them soem Boost ,it will be nive Visual Change to have when you get them Heavy Armor and they will look more tough and fierce! :)
Visuals are really big part of the Gaming expirience to me at least!And Edain without a doubt has one of the best Visual Concepts! :)

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #9 am: 28. Okt 2015, 16:41 »
First of all I have to agree with hoho96 for exactly his reasons. Furthermore it would require to add another upgrade just for IH (which the technically already have with their axe-upgrade) which only benefits a single unit the faction hasn't even its focus on. ;)

Secondly I agree, that different weapons might be a good option (especially because they could use the animations of rohirrim, thus already having an animation-set). I also like the concept of making their charge pretty strong but being really weak in close combat. However they shouldn't deal tons of damage when they crush infantry (because this would be a totally new thing the other dwarven realms don't possess and give IH an unfair advantage). The rams should just disrupt the enemies which could be done by simple slowing them less if they crush enemies.

I furthermore have to say that I personally didn't like the movie-dwarves, because their armor looks like a can, so you never see a face. Therefore (and for other reasons) they look pretty fake for me, but if the team should decide to include this design, it should just be done by the armor-upgrade. Making this process more complicated is in my opinion not necessary. ;)

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #10 am: 28. Okt 2015, 19:59 »
As I said I agee with hoho96! I was thinking more of  simple visual addi9tion than an Upgrade but tryied to think of something Unique and use it! :)

OF course the Knockback will be Medium ,we do not wan them to be OP after all,thats why we wnat them balanced with Low Close DMG! :)

I know you o not like th Movie Dwarves,it is your opinion and we al lrespec that!But keep in mind that I as well as hoho96 and fredius weren't talking about Dwarve Armor but about Ram Armor,the Armor of the Animal itself! :) To make some more Detailed Changes and add something cool when the Riders get ehavy Armor Upgrgade! :)

P.S. Let us al lleave the MOvie Dwarve aside no on is talking abuot them here!!I can star with reason of their faces and other stuff,but that is not the Thread about it and plus we have already finished discussing them so as I said earlier let's LEav Move Dwarves out of the Thread ! :)

Greetings andbest regards! :)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #11 am: 29. Okt 2015, 03:00 »
i would like to see upgrades for armor and blades for the ram riders and because they are only 3 units they need to be strong
i dont say unbalanced way strong but strong
and i like to see this armor upgrade dain were talking about