22. Mai 2024, 08:18 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Holidays specials  (Gelesen 1747 mal)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
Holidays specials
« am: 2. Nov 2015, 06:48 »
I was wondering if the Team had planned any Easter eggs for holidays once the full version of Edain had been release. I was thinking of little things like:

Valentines day:
The Necromancer now attacks with a wave of hearts and his enemies are drowned in his love. All arrows' are replaced by hearts. Elven heroes get a Cupidon skin.

Halloween:
Replace the mouth of Sauron's face with a pumpkin (because why not), the necromancer gets a stereotypical ghost skin. Citadels get various cobwebs, pumpkins and other halloween-y stuff.

New year:
everybody gets a party hat

Mod's birthday:
more party hats and creep buildings drop presents instead of resources

Christmas:
snows on every map, trees are replaced by Christmas trees, ect....

I personally think that would be a cool way to keep everyone entertained once the mod is complete. Mostly skin changes but it could be fun to add some unique gameplays such as specific new gamemode for a limited time. Thoughts?
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

(Palland)Raschi

• Turmwache
  • Fanatiker sind unbeständige Freunde
Re: Holidays specials
« Antwort #1 am: 2. Nov 2015, 09:18 »
Well, apart from the fact that I do not think the Edain Mod would ever be completed
the special thing about easter eggs is, that most users do not know that they exist.
Therfore trying to present a concept in public would be unwise.

MfG Raschi

[Jedwede rechtliche Äußerung, Kommentierung oder Information über PM oder öffentlichen Beitrag von meiner Seite stellt lediglich eine reine Gefälligkeit dar und erfolgt ohne jeglichen Rechtsbindungswille.]

Ohne Schuld verfasst einen Forumsbeitrag, wer beim Abfassen eines Beitrags wegen einer krankhaften seelischen Störung, wegen einer tiefgreifenden Bewusstseinsstörung oder wegen Schwachsinns oder einer schweren anderen seelischen Abartigkeit unfähig ist, die Verletzung der Forenregeln einzusehen oder nach dieser Einsicht zu handeln.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #2 am: 2. Nov 2015, 12:21 »
Easter eggs was the just the first word that came to my mind it would be more of a limited update for holiday.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #3 am: 2. Nov 2015, 14:02 »
Nice idea, but even as someone who knows next to nothing about modding - the things you are proposing to add to the game take a huge amount of work to implement. This also means the next release will be postponed quite a bit, which is something most of you wouldn't want, I guess xD

But to comfort you maybe a little bit, the Modding Union usually has a different look for christmas, so you can look forward to that. ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #4 am: 2. Nov 2015, 14:43 »
But to comfort you maybe a little bit, the Modding Union usually has a different look for christmas, so you can look forward to that. ;)

You really got my attention  xD

Never have I ever had the opportunity to behold something of this kind since my arrival in this website  :P

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #5 am: 2. Nov 2015, 18:54 »
Last year there was an eastern special. We made an eastern map where you had to collect eggs and finish some minigames with your easter bunnies. While eastern there was a tournament on this map and the most hard-working bunny got a beta. :P