28. Mär 2024, 11:23 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Should the Battlewagons become War Chariots and recive a Re-Skin with Unique Active Abilities!? :)

Yes,they should!
No,the shouldn't!

Autor Thema: Battlewagons Improvements  (Gelesen 52817 mal)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Re: Battlewagons improvments or not!?
« Antwort #15 am: 6. Nov 2015, 12:57 »
Indeed!Each Kingdom with its own warfare! :)

And to represnt King Dain connection with IHs he can get 1 Iron Hilsl War CHariots as his summon!?But that is for another Thread :D

Exactly my friend in the Movie we have Driver,Shooter and Two Defenders whith Short Swords on each side! :)  I think this will be the best choice for IHs War Chariots! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #16 am: 6. Nov 2015, 14:09 »
I like the idea of a boar pulling the battlewagon of the Iron Hills, it will be more interesting and more logical, since a single ram won't be quite able to pull the wagon; and it would be even better if the battlewagon was redesigned a bit to look more like in the movies  xD.
Although, I never liked the 'throw oil barrels' upgrade of the battlewagon (I'm not sure of the name). Maybe the crossbow weapon from BOTFA can replace that upgrade?  ;)

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #17 am: 6. Nov 2015, 14:28 »
Well if you look in detail in my suggestion you will see that thats exactly what I am suggesting!Movie Models and Crossbow with Crew and New Look and Animal.for Each Kingdom and they will be War Chariots no Battlewagon! :-)

Greetings mate! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #18 am: 6. Nov 2015, 14:42 »
^^So it happens that I completely agree with all your ideas regarding Dwarves, it seems that we have the same opinion about them! Only difference is that you are one of their greatest warriors, and I just like their taste!  xD [uglybunti]

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

Dainironfootironhills

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #19 am: 6. Nov 2015, 15:02 »
It is great to see the community comming together on this idea,I can't wait to se with what the team come up with if they are going to implament this idea

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #20 am: 6. Nov 2015, 15:17 »
Ahha it seems so my friend! :-) But that joke made my day  :D :D
Well I glad to it is rear to see that :D Now we can only hope.that the Team will like it and use it!? :-)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #21 am: 6. Nov 2015, 15:56 »
Completely agree about almost everything suggested here. :)
Reasons for those changes are nicely described in term of geography and warfare of dwarven realms in Middle Earth. I hardly support all of them.

You have right, current Battlewagon look very cartoonish, and new skinning is really desirable, of course because of high standard which is set by this mod at first place.
So, I support and like idea about reskinning curret Battle wagon look, and this war machine deserve new name, as you have suggested, War Chariot is so good name for it. :)

If team in further future decide to implement this and those new animals that would be great and I think it will boost quality of mod even more.

Concerning animals, I am really only for rams (goats) and some unique implementation of those epic wild boars:

I like those white goats model for Ered Luin, they are muscular animals which are inspirated in weta design by Mountain goat in nature : Rocky Mountain Goat
I would really like to see them as corresponding animal for Blue Mountains region which is tamed by Ered Luin dwarves. Also it white color is really fitting in blue/white color theme of Ered Luin dwarves. So, this is one more reason why I think this white mountain goat is so good choice for Ered Luin. :)

This one is really fitting because of itS color for Erebor, perfect in  that brown theme. Beast looks very strong and muscular. Like that horn armor touch. :) 
I have seen that korner have suggested Muskox as pulling animal, I am against this species because it is not goat, it is something between goat and ox. I am mainly only for goats here, 3 different looks of rams, and this Muskox is animal which is living on Artic region not in Mountain environment which are concerning dwarves here in first place. :)
And current ram from this Erebor picture suggestion already looks similar in muscular from with Muskox, but more useful with those horns look and position. :)

Now concerning Iron Hills, I am against wide range usage of wild boars. Let me explain. I am for that regular War Chariot is pulled by current Nazgul's model which is currently used in game as pulling and riding animal for Iron Hills.
Also that current model looks similar to movie pulling and ridding animals (yes in case you haven't noticed ridding rams in movie and chariot's pulling rams are very different, they have different horns, horn's position, fur and color. On this picture you can see differences: Pulling rams). So this current game model should stay with Iron Hills and only with them.

And concerning those epic wild boars. The best way of using them is to make them more unique in game. And my suggestion is to integrate them only in Kings Dain War Chariot ability. Those summoning chariots are unique and they should become even more unique by adding those boars as pulling animals. Reason for this is that as you have said they represent Royal Crest for Dain's House. So this touch will be great in Erebor, King Dain have saved his royal family symbol. And in Iron Hills this is already integrated in term of Lord Dains personal pig mount. So keep boars unique and add them only in this ability. Simply I wouldn't like to see that all of chariots are pulled by royal animal of Lord Dain's House. It would lost that unique touch if whole Iron Hills faction will have boars for chariots.

Concerning war chariots upgrades, we shouldn't complicate things. All of them should stay with same upgrades as in current situation. And if we would like to see that crossbow, then it could be integrated as cool down ability instead barrel, as FG have said. Or maybe in place of archer/axe/crossbow unit upgrade which exist now.

So does this mean that there is no possibility for making somehow new chariot model for 2 pulling animals? :) Or second animal could be added to current model but only new animation need to be done for it?

P.S. Also Dain, if you have model of those wild boars and chariot, maybe you can deliver it to team, if they see it as good one. Maybe that boar model could be used. :)

Kind regards.
« Letzte Änderung: 6. Nov 2015, 16:03 von CragLord »

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #22 am: 6. Nov 2015, 16:02 »

Excellent idea! I can live with that! This is a perfect middle-way for people who like or don't like boars. To be honest I think it would be good to also give Dain a boar instead of a pig, but that's a matter for another discussion topic :).

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #23 am: 6. Nov 2015, 16:11 »
Some of earlier Dain's picture which describes those royal chariots in the best way:
I have always imagined those boars only for Lord Dain Ironfoot, not for Iron Hills wide usage. :) So in this case, for King Dain. ;)

P.S. I really like topic Dain! :)
+10 from me. ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 6. Nov 2015, 16:17 von CragLord »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #24 am: 6. Nov 2015, 16:35 »
Well I most than pleased and happy that so many people agree and like the Topic! :-) It is an honor for me! :-)

Now you guys got ahead of me,I was going to create a Thread about King Dain II Chariot Summon and was going to suggest to Summon basically Iron Hills War Chariot with Crossbow but Pulled by Armored Boar,to represent Dain's Past ad Lord of the Iron Hills and his House Crest too!?
What you think about that!? :-)

Also I agree of using only Different Kinds of Goat! :-)

Oh thank you Crag you are flattering me I really don't deserve it it is just another of my Dwarven Threads ! :-)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #25 am: 6. Nov 2015, 16:46 »
I think I have pretty described my opinion about that matter above. :P
There is no need for another topic, we could discuss here everything about that summon ability. :)

Yes, this is important in my eyes, because of species in general. That korner suggested animal was some separate specie between goat and ox. I really think there is no need for anything else except 3 unique goat models (species) and those wild boars.

No, it is really nice topic. I like animals in general, and now those ram species really make me interested to do some a side research for them, so I could improve discussion or main concept here in good way.

Regards.

Dainironfootironhills

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #26 am: 6. Nov 2015, 17:00 »
The charriot summon can replace the unit summon I think is not fitting for lord Dain but rather king Dain how manny would he summon then 3?

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #27 am: 6. Nov 2015, 17:12 »
You got confused friend.
We are speaking of improvement of King's Dain summon chariot ability.
That is his second ability in his palantir of abilities. Erebor faction. :)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #28 am: 6. Nov 2015, 17:26 »
King Dain my friend has an Ability,hid Second Ability I think was to Summon 1 Battlewagon which can be Mounted by a Hero! :-) And the idea I was going to Create Topic about but Carg was faster (I will never forgive you Crag :D ) than me is tp replace that Battlewagon with IHs War Chariot with Crossbow but Pulled by an Armored Wild Boar! :-)

About Lord Dain Summon you can see our other.discussion my friend! :-)

About Crag yeah I think you are right my friend good thing you were faster I was planning to create the Thread tonight :D and I Think we all.agree about King Dain Chariot Summon !?We may actually make a Poll about it in future!? :-)
About the Goats Kinds yeah I understand you and completely agree about that! :-)

Dainironfootironhills

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #29 am: 6. Nov 2015, 17:47 »
My apologies but I support it