29. Mär 2024, 16:04 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Should the Battlewagons become War Chariots and recive a Re-Skin with Unique Active Abilities!? :)

Yes,they should!
No,the shouldn't!

Autor Thema: Battlewagons Improvements  (Gelesen 52878 mal)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
Re: Battlewagons improvments or not!?
« Antwort #150 am: 12. Dez 2015, 14:53 »
Perfect explanation Crag, and you're right, let the team decide everything. We have presented our suggestion, now it's up to the team if they want to use it or not ;).

Aule the creator

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #151 am: 12. Dez 2015, 20:49 »
they should just make the current one metal skin and spikes on wheels

NetoD20

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • BAN-KAI! Tear off... Golden Demon Slayer Jizõ!!!
« Antwort #152 am: 12. Dez 2015, 21:23 »
My reaction as I read the final summarized proposal:

Would like to highlight the different goats/rams for each faction, would look amazing in the mod. Love ered Luin's white Snow Goat with its straighter horns.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #153 am: 12. Dez 2015, 22:44 »

Yes, these are maybe "general" words. :)
I just wanted to say that we have done with suggestion probably from aspect of idea and from aspect of our possibilities. I mean, main idea as  graphical and sound proposals are complete from our side, these are probably enough for motivation and detailed explanation of idea in general, so all is on team now I presume. ;)
And all of changes which you suggested that we should done accorning to new dwarven changes, I just wanted to point that the best is to leave that to team. Simply I wanted to say there is enough material for complete reconstruction of idea if that is necessary from team view. And of course, that reconstruction should be done by team, not from us. :)

Regards Fred,
CragLord

TheHiilsofIron

• Hobbit
« Antwort #154 am: 16. Dez 2015, 00:36 »
Hi guys, been monitoring the thread from the start and havn't had to really say anything because ive agreed with everything so far , I know its in edain's creators hands now but on the note of 2 animals pulling the chariot, It does look like its possible, I found an ancient mod which had these easterling chariots that had 2 horses so im sure edain team would be able to figure it out (sorry if its already been found possible)

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #155 am: 16. Dez 2015, 00:51 »
The main problem, why a chariot with more than one animal isn't possible is the animation. There aren't any animaitons in the mod, for battlewagons with more than one animal. There are three possible ways to solve this.

1. Create a whole new animation set.
This is an enormous amount of work, and so really unlikely that it will happen.

2. Using submodels or contained objects.
In this case they are basically three different objects, the battlewagon and the animals, which are just linked together. The problem here is, that the animal has to stay always on the same position and can't move a little bit to the left or right. Therefore the model will look really static.
We tried this when creating Radagast's sledge and it didn't look good. I guess in the picture above, the same trick is used.
I can't say it for sure, but it would probably mean that some of the existing animations for the battlewagon couldn't be used anymore. Also, it might give problems with the upgrades of the battlewagon as well.

3. Using a horde, where the animals can move independendly.
This we used for Radagast. Therefore the rabbits can move freely, but there aren't any ropes inbetween. Also this wouldn't work with the battlewagon upgrades.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #156 am: 16. Dez 2015, 01:48 »
well be clear i dont have a problem if the team uses one animal i just want to see other design on the chariots and the animals if possible some crossbow upgrades for Iron Heels and something different for the other chariots.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #157 am: 16. Dez 2015, 12:41 »

Thank you man for trying to help us with this suggestion. :)
Very kind of you. :)

Thank FG for detailed explanation.
Concerning all of that issues with different "solutions", I think it is the best for now to keep one animal. After all, animation and model changing could always be done in some far future by team or someone else who find time and will to create new set of animation for second animal. That is mainly correlated with "consistency" of this proposal and "weight" of new suggested chariot look.
For now I think we could "close one eye" concerning that "consistency" problem and just focus on polishing of look and new abilities etc.
I think that final polishing concerning second animal and creation of new animation set could be done later. Step by step. :)
Personaly if possible to implement solution 3, I wouldn't like to see that. Two goats without visual physical link with chariots, and probably there will be some movement animation bugs which already exist with Radagast form (Rabits moving randomly direction of moving while Radagast casts spells etc).
Same for solution 2, static animals, that would probably reduce our experience concerning this unit and play in general.
From my view new set should be done in some future, simply not to rush with it in my opinion, expecially now when this is demo version and we are expecting new factions and with them probably a lot of more important stuff to work on.

I agree with you Gray. :)

Best regards,
CragLord

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #158 am: 16. Dez 2015, 12:59 »
Thanks for all who tried to help with the suggestion! :) And thanks to FG15 for really stating clearly what the issues are! :)

I as Gray and Crag have absolutely no problem for the Chariots to be pulled by 1 Animal,as long as the Suggestions is used about the desgins and etc.! I personalyl have no problem with the Animal being only 1! :)

Greetings to all! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #159 am: 16. Dez 2015, 13:07 »
Just to weigh in on this, I think that adding animations for 2 animals isn't a priority, and can be done much later. I can see no issue with having the chariot pulled by a single animal.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Jose Luis

• Hobbit
Elements from the Movie to Incorporate
« Antwort #160 am: 23. Dez 2015, 03:58 »
Have you considered putting the goats war wagon with the double repeating crossbow and the arrow shredder ballista?
This also inducted me to propose you a thing: could every dwarven kingdom have different war machines?
And the dwarven horn could be replaced by any dwarven shout from the movie: Tanar Durin Nur!!! or Azagh Bekar!!!

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Re: Elements from the Movie to Incorporate
« Antwort #161 am: 23. Dez 2015, 07:23 »
Hello there mate!

For the War Chariot and the Iron Ballista there are whole Big Threads here which you can check out if you want,they are here from quite some time! :-)

About the Dwarven Horn the Current one is the Horn of Erebor from BotFA which Bombur blows and it is a product of hard work and effort of a big Dwarven Fan CragLord,me and Especially the Edain Team and in my eyes it fits perfectly for the purpose! :-) The quotes you suggested would be better used as an Ability Sounds for some Heroes! :-)

Hope you understood me properly,no offense towards you,but you should check old Threads before creating new ones!

Greetings from the Lord of the Iron Hills!
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #162 am: 23. Dez 2015, 07:31 »
refer to this post which had a brilliant discussion on battlewagons that ended on a great proposal:
http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,32074.0.html
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Jose Luis

• Hobbit
« Antwort #163 am: 23. Dez 2015, 16:31 »
Ha ha, that post is awesome, i complataly agree with you.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #164 am: 23. Dez 2015, 17:51 »
Sorry, but today I've been journeying a bit, and I didn't make it in time to see this thread.

Yes, there already is a very wide and dense thread to wander through, among very valuable and detailed proposals, along with a poll  :)

I thus merge this thread with that one.