29. Mär 2024, 01:43 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Should the Battlewagons become War Chariots and recive a Re-Skin with Unique Active Abilities!? :)

Yes,they should!
No,the shouldn't!

Autor Thema: Battlewagons Improvements  (Gelesen 52846 mal)

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
Re: Battlewagons improvments or not!?
« Antwort #60 am: 7. Nov 2015, 01:07 »
Hmm, such an explosive is too modern for the dwarves in my opinion. Even Isengard which in the game is the most advanced faction does not possess this kind of mobile explosives. I know, that the dwarves or the men of Dale did build parts of the fireworks at Bilbo's birthday, but to use this technology as a weapon is just the evil way: Twisting nature to his (unnatural) will or using the dark side of technology like mass-war-production, explosives, crucial siege weapons -a theme which is actually much further described in the books where Mordor / Sauron does use exactly these weapons in its / his war. Therefore explosives should be limited extraordinarily and definitely not be available for any good faction.

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #61 am: 7. Nov 2015, 01:13 »
Well you do have a point! :) But well it is basically an Oil Cask but with Buidling DMG and Little Stun!? Is it so different adn addvanced than the Oil Cask!? :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #62 am: 7. Nov 2015, 01:18 »
Yes, basically it is smaller version of Oil Cask, I look on it in that way.
And new property is added for this ability so it is unique in dwarven faction, and so it fit in siege profile of Erebor.

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #63 am: 7. Nov 2015, 01:19 »
I just wanted to say that I fully support LordDain's idea about implementation of war chariots from the Hobbit in Edain; they are one of my favourite things about Dwarves in general!

One more thing; once I came across this interesting animal and I thought it might inspire some concepts: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_sheep

I really hope to see improved battle wagons/war chariots!
« Letzte Änderung: 7. Nov 2015, 16:01 von WarOfTheRingVeteran »

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #64 am: 7. Nov 2015, 01:19 »
Your actually incorrect, I can't remember reading anything about the forces of Morgoth OR Sauron in the main 5 books, those being Silmarillion, The Hobbit and the LOTR trilogy. In the siege of helms deep for example, they sneak through the culvert, they don't blow it open. Its entirely a thing made up by the films, which is fine in my view. The only explosive technology in the books actually comes from the dwarves and Dale, with the fireworks.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #65 am: 7. Nov 2015, 01:24 »
Wel lthe Ered Luin Chariot I suggested has basically that Animal but on Steroids :D  Joke aside it is simillar but more Middle Earth Style and stronger to fit the Role my friend! :) I am glad you support our efforts here! :) To me too the IHs War Chariots areo ne of the best War Machines aever and represnt greatly the Strenght of the dwarven Race as craftsmand and engeeneers and MIlitary Developed Kingdo as IHs! :)

About the Oil Cask,I really like the idea of Elite and as I and Crag said it is simply a sligthly different version of the Basci Oil Cask with Stun Effect so I do not see such big of a problem to have it in game! :) I still think it is good idea and unique Ability for Erebor to have! :)

Greetings and goodnight from me my friends,thank you all for the supoprt today! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #66 am: 7. Nov 2015, 03:17 »
That was an awesome suggestion dain Jesus Christ those boars look very fitting to the iron heels and the idea is very unique it will put more color in the game awesome idea man thumps up +1

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #67 am: 7. Nov 2015, 14:53 »
After a long discussion with many opniions and ideas to polish the main suggestion I think I should to a Summorize ofwhat we have agreed till now that should be done! :) If someone finds some mistakes or missing stuff feel free to tell me so that I can fix it! :)

Erebor:

Will be Pulled by 1 of those Animals on  the Picture! :) Will have "Wheel Blades" as a Passvie Ability from the begining! :)
The Main 3 Upgrades will be the Same: Healing,Axe Throwers and Banner! :)
The Active Ability from "Oil Cask" should become "Flash Bombs" basically a better "Oil Cask" but doing DMG against Buildings with Short Time "Stun" Effect on Infantry Units! :) It will be in connection with Eredbor Basic Strenght being good in Siege and Against Buildings! :)

Ered Luin:

Will be Pulled by 1 of the Animals on the Picture Above! :) It will also have "Wheel Blades" as  a Passive Ability from the Begining! :)
The Main 2 Upgrades stay te same: Healing,Crossbowmans,Banner! :)
Active Ability: Will be "Great Shields",which mean two Warriors on the Chariot will hold 2 Big Shields on each side of the Chariot,providing temporarly Big Boost in the Armor ofthe Chariot Against Spearmans! :) It is in connection with Ered Luin Basic Strenght being Armor and Deffense! :)

Iron Hills War Chariot:

It will be Pulled by 1 Ram! :) It will aslo have "Wheel Blades" as a Passive Ability from the Begining! :)
The Main Upgrades will be the same: Healing,Archers,Banner! :)
Active Ablity: Semi-Automatic Crossbow,it will be active for 10-15 Seconds making Rapid Firing and after that 20-25 seconds Cool Down represnting the need to Reload! :) It will connect with Iron Hills Basic Strength being Speed and DMG! :)

Now something for King Dain II of Erebor! :)
His current Second Ability is Summonin of a Battlewagon which can be Mounted by a Hero!The Ability will stay the same ,BUT the Chariot should be changed!Here is how it should look! :)

It will be Pulled by 1 Armored Boar!The Boar will represnt the Royal Crest of Dain's House and along with the Design of the Chariot will represnt the Connection of Dain to Iron Hills and his Past as Lord of Iron Hills! :) Same Upgrades with same Active Ability as Iron Hills War Chariot,BUT to not make Erebor too OP I think the Ability should have a Limit  of 5 Chariots no more Summon than 5 ,based on the number of Heroes Erebor has! :)

Here is how the Passive Abilitye Button for "Wheel Blades" can look for King Dain II IHs Chariot or for all 3 Kingdoms Chariots if the Team decides they all should have the same! :)

Thanks to CragLord for the nice Button Image,he was faster than me yet again in creating it! Good work Crag as alwasy,thank you very much! :)

And Finally the "Healing" Upgrade: Should get a different presentation on the War Chariots for Logical Reasons! :) Bringing a Burning Fire or Fire Place on a War Chariot is not Logical,being inconvinient and dangerous to the Crew! :) So instead of the Fireplace  we should get a Barrel with Beer and Cups Attached to it on the One Side of teh Chariot and on the Other Side a Packages with Food and Medical Supplies,it WILL HAVE the Same Effect as Healing Building just with different Visual Look and name!It can be called "Provisions" or "Long Road Supplies"! :)

I think this all Summorize the ideas being Polished till now,if someone disagrees or has something to add,I will be more than happy to add his idea or discuss it here! :)

Greetings and best Regards to all! :)
« Letzte Änderung: 7. Nov 2015, 21:13 von LordDainIronfoot »

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #68 am: 7. Nov 2015, 15:44 »
Perfect! This is exactly the kind post I'm looking for to translate! I'll halt the translations about the Ballista for now for further discussions, and if you don't mind I'll translate your last post and put in the German Forums?

By the way can you put this post also in the first post? That way people who are new to this thread can see the whole suggestion without needing to look through the whole discussions.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #69 am: 7. Nov 2015, 16:09 »
I think Dain have done this also because of that translation. :)

I agree, but I must say Dain here made a precise comment. Still on that first one we can find reasons why we want this change (geographical diversity, skin colors which correspond nicely to each dwarven faction color theme (white mountain goats for Blue/white color theme of Ered Luin, That brown muscular goat for Erebor brown color theme)).

Btw, now we need to suggest that palantir buttons looks for those abilities, and we have complete suggestion. :)

With all respect, before anyone vote in poll it would be nice to express their opinion about this suggestion in term of comment, after all, I think that dedication of some people here, (Dain's at first place) deserve that, not only simple vote which could ruin this topic into ground. Thank you!

Kind regards

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #70 am: 7. Nov 2015, 16:10 »
Oh damn, that's beautiful! The abilities each chariot has perfectly resemble the strengths the kingdom where it belongs to, and it adds to the uniqueness of Dwarven factions.

Again, I really hope to see those concepts in Edain, if the rest of the Team likes them :)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #71 am: 7. Nov 2015, 16:31 »
Thanks for the support guys! :-)
I am currently not at home but when I am back I will add it to the First Post! :-)

Of course Fredius you can translate it,I partly did it for you! :-)

Greetings! :-)

P.S.I agree with Crag! :-) Voting without stating your reasons is not so polite and respectful neither to me nor to all other people who gave their best about this idea and discuss about it with such passion and energy! :-) Hope you understand me properly! :-)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #72 am: 7. Nov 2015, 16:51 »
Thanks Dain :). And Crag you are absolutely right, I think it's best to merge the First post with this summary, because the first post contains the reasons why the War Chariot should be remade.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #73 am: 7. Nov 2015, 18:46 »
+1 to everything said here.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #74 am: 7. Nov 2015, 19:28 »
Thank you Elite!I am glad you like it and support it! :)